Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Mike Douglas and Kentucky

Could we start to re-recruit Douglas??

Coach Rich Brooks 80 percent he's not returning to Kentucky - ESPN

Mike Douglas - Yahoo! Sports

The Kentucky coach says it is an 80% possibility that he won't be back next year.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 299
    Given: 82

Re: Mike Douglas and Kentucky

I never understood that committment in the first place. IIRC, that was his one and only visit. I hope our staff gets back on him and pulls him over to the good guys. A nice big win Thursday wouldn't hurt.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

IMHO I don't think there is a shot at all because they already have joker somebody as the head coach in waiting and he has been there for a while

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    IMHO I don't think there is a shot at all because they already have joker somebody as the head coach in waiting and he has been there for a while
    I agree and it appears as if this was expected because Joker had already removed himself from the OCoordinator job to prepare for this move. To expand on it, the Kentucky Defense under third year d coordinator Steve Brown has gradually become a hidden force of the SEC going from 99th in 2006 to 80 in 2007, 35th 2008 and 44th this year.....thats right...consider this team beat both Auburn and Georgia on the road this year, thats saying something.

I think douglas is a goner, unless...

One of two things happen:

1. Joker comes in and decides he's gonna build his own staff, and the key here is not the D Coordinator, rather the Linebackers coach Chuck Smith who recruited Douglas. If he's let go, there could be a ripple down affect.
    2. Philosophical differences - anytime you have a coordinator stepping up to the top post, there could be tensions between the Offense and Defense to where he may want his own guys in there rather then Rich's guys.

I think Douglas stays in Kentucky....but if he opens it up, we have a schollie ready for him no doubt.....

But if Douglas stays, here's a couple of other guys that i think would be potential candidates for consideration one high schooler and one jc - similar size and speed.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowastate/fo...ett-Beed-97117
    Dont worry about the commitment, if we offered, we would have a chance.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowastate/fo...n-Joiner-97129

The thing i like about both these young men, both good size like Douglas but as much if not better speed. Speed on the edges really changes things....i would love to get any one of these kids.....team him up with Rony Nelson and this DL will be improved as far as pass rush.....

Last edited by KMAC_ATTACK; 12-28-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Addict
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 122

By the way - from what I saw in parts last night, I was very impressed with that Freshman QB for Kentucky - Newton; 6'-4" can run like a bull; needs a little more work on his accuracy, but I think he'll be one of the better QB's in the SEC.

"We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

-ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 310

Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    By the way - from what I saw in parts last night, I was very impressed with that Freshman QB for Kentucky - Newton; 6'-4" can run like a bull; needs a little more work on his accuracy, but I think he'll be one of the better QB's in the SEC.
    UK has quietly had some nice players(and solid teams) the last or 4 years, I was also impressed with the QB.

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 32

How did you find two (random) DEs and say we have a chance at getting them, when we already offered like 4 other D linemen and are still in the running for them...?

Just curious, how do you know we are still unofficially targeting others?

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    How did you find two (random) DEs and say we have a chance at getting them, when we already offered like 4 other D linemen and are still in the running for them...?

Just curious, how do you know we are still unofficially targeting others?
    No clue they are, but, we have scholarships available and they would typically continue to recruit kids until they have someone interested enough to commit. We cannot wait around on 1 of 4 kids that still might be considering us especially when your competing with other top tier bcs schools. Never want to run out of options.

Both are extremely athletic guys with similar size to Douglas. Both have limited BCS offers but quite a few offers in general. And, one is in Chris Ash's fomer back yard and he probably knew about him especially since he's now committed to Ash's former coaching position at SDSU.

I was simply looking at some other guys that could fill our need for a quality DE prospect, athletic, and fast. There's a lot of guys out there, but these two jumped out at me with their raw ability and the potential for ISU to be one of the better offers either had - that usually bodes well for getting commits.....

I would love a Tim Jackson or the likes, but, when they're rejecting a visit opportunity, that's not a confidence builder!!!!