Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 813
    Given: 209

Tim Brewster Comments from Insight Bowl Presser

Here's what Coach Brewster had to say in his initial press conference upon arriving in Arizona yesterday.

Minnesota Head Coach Tim Brewster Opening Statement Thank you John Junker and the Insight Bowl. We’re thrilled to be here. We just left about 18 inches of snow in Minneapolis. It’s kind of cold. The snow was coming down sideways, so we are awful anxious to be here and awful excited to be here. Again, the Insight Bowl people have made this game a great game. I think this is as good of a bowl site as there is in the country, as good as bowl venue. Again, we would like to thank the Insight Bowl people for inviting the Minnesota Golden Gophers. We couldn’t be more happy to be here. About Minnesota’s familiarity of playing in the Insight Bowl I talked to our team about us being here before, so make sure we act like it. We’re here to win this football game. But we’re also here to enjoy the reward that it is to come to the Valley of the Sun this time of year and to leave Minnesota. We’re certainly going to enjoy the week. We’ve been here before. We understand the routine. We’re here to win a football game and that is what’s most important. About losing WR Eric Decker to injury All we can do is go by our preparation. Our preparation has been outstanding for the game. We certainly miss a guy I feel like is college football’s best receiver. That’s Eric Decker. An outstanding captain. A great leader. Was up for the Campbell Award. Is one of the top academic and athletic football players in the country. We certainly miss him dearly. But it’s an opportunity for one of our young players to step up. We’ve got some really good young wide receivers. I really feel good about our preparation to this point. We’ve utilized the 10 practices we’ve had to this point to improve our football team. I’m very pleased with that. About winning the Insight Bowl I’ve been involved with a lot of bowl games and I think the bowl game is a reward for your team. You can truly only get the reward if you win the football game. So, our main focus is to come here and enjoy the week and never lose site of the fact we are here to win a football game. We’re playing an outstanding opponent. Iowa State has had an excellent year. Paul Rhoads has done a real nice job in his first year. The proximity of Ames, Iowa and Minneapolis makes the game a natural rivalry. It’s going to be great for the fans and I really look forward to New Year’s Eve. But first, we have five practices along the way we have to continue to improve and work to get better.

Rookie
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Tim Brewster Comments from Insight Bowl Presser

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Here's what Coach Brewster had to say in his initial press conference upon arriving in Arizona yesterday.

Minnesota Head Coach Tim Brewster Opening Statement Thank you John Junker and the Insight Bowl. We’re thrilled to be here. We just left about 18 inches of snow in Minneapolis. It’s kind of cold. The snow was coming down sideways, so we are awful anxious to be here and awful excited to be here. Again, the Insight Bowl people have made this game a great game. I think this is as good of a bowl site as there is in the country, as good as bowl venue. Again, we would like to thank the Insight Bowl people for inviting the Minnesota Golden Gophers. We couldn’t be more happy to be here. About Minnesota’s familiarity of playing in the Insight Bowl I talked to our team about us being here before, so make sure we act like it. We’re here to win this football game. But we’re also here to enjoy the reward that it is to come to the Valley of the Sun this time of year and to leave Minnesota. We’re certainly going to enjoy the week. We’ve been here before. We understand the routine. We’re here to win a football game and that is what’s most important. About losing WR Eric Decker to injury All we can do is go by our preparation. Our preparation has been outstanding for the game. We certainly miss a guy I feel like is college football’s best receiver. That’s Eric Decker. An outstanding captain. A great leader. Was up for the Campbell Award. Is one of the top academic and athletic football players in the country. We certainly miss him dearly. But it’s an opportunity for one of our young players to step up. We’ve got some really good young wide receivers. I really feel good about our preparation to this point. We’ve utilized the 10 practices we’ve had to this point to improve our football team. I’m very pleased with that. About winning the Insight Bowl I’ve been involved with a lot of bowl games and I think the bowl game is a reward for your team. You can truly only get the reward if you win the football game. So, our main focus is to come here and enjoy the week and never lose site of the fact we are here to win a football game. We’re playing an outstanding opponent. Iowa State has had an excellent year. Paul Rhoads has done a real nice job in his first year. The proximity of Ames, Iowa and Minneapolis makes the game a natural rivalry. It’s going to be great for the fans and I really look forward to New Year’s Eve. But first, we have five practices along the way we have to continue to improve and work to get better.
    To cut that down to size: This weather is immeasurably better than Minneapolis, and sorry you got stuck with us again, Insight Bowl.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernator View Post
    To cut that down to size: This weather is immeasurably better than Minneapolis, and sorry you got stuck with us again, Insight Bowl.
    No kidding. Half the paragraph is him thanking the Insight bowl again and again. He certainty knows how to say a lot without saying anything.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    No kidding. Half the paragraph is him thanking the Insight bowl again and again. He certainty knows how to say a lot without saying anything.
    Jaretac is very correct. Tim Brewster is a very vocal person with large capabilities of making statements much longer in length than necessary, and carrying out long, boring sentences and paragraphs with little or no meaning.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    Jaretac is very correct. Tim Brewster is a very vocal person with large capabilities of making statements much longer in length than necessary, and carrying out long, boring sentences and paragraphs with little or no meaning.

So he's going into politics when he's done coaching?

99% of Hawkeye Fans give the rest a bad name...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by jtwilson View Post
    So he's going into politics when he's done coaching?
    In a week or two.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

lets hope arnaud has a superior game and arob scores 6 tds against the goofersGO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doc

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,207
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post

Jim Rome would fit into this category as well.

Z

The grass always looks greener, on the other side of the fence, but the dog over there might be meaner, on the other side of the fence… Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard!

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Sounded just about the same as the Rhoads presser.