Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Night and Day

That is what the mood is here based on a win or loss. We win, everything is OK. We lose and the sky is falling and McDermott should be fired.

Glad to get the win tonight but we should have been up by 20+ by halftime. We finally put the game away once we put on the full court press to create some fast break turnovers. Sloppy game tonight, boring at times but hopefully we got some needed work in on the full court press and can address the issues with scoring against a tough zone.

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,721
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 15

Re: Night and Day

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    That is what the mood is here based on a win or loss. We win, everything is OK. We lose and the sky is falling and McDermott should be fired.

Glad to get the win tonight but we should have been up by 20+ by halftime. We finally put the game away once we put on the full court press to create some fast break turnovers. Sloppy game tonight, boring at times but hopefully we got some needed work in on the full court press and can address the issues with scoring against a tough zone.
    Yep, exactly..lots of work to do still. good second half for the most part.

UND fouled wayyy too much too

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 4

Have you read the threads tonight? The general mood is far from everything being okay. You would think we lost tonight based on some posters.

As long as we're using the night and day metaphor, maybe we can attribute the bad vibe over a 31-point win to the solstice...

Last edited by Stumpy; 12-22-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    TRUE AND VALIANT

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 885
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 193

I would hope that's how you would feel. It's what I like to call being a fan.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

All-Star
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Are you sure you think everything is OK after a win?

2009 Insight Bowl Champions!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Have you read the threads tonight? The general mood is far from everything being okay. You would think we lost tonight based on some posters.

As long as we're using the night and day metaphor, maybe we can attribute the bad vibe over a 31-point win to the solstice...
    No, I think he is right with the Night and Day analogy. I know that personally, during the day, I always curse the sun for not being brighter. That stupid sun. It always starts so slow and takes a while to get heated up. Then, when it does, it's just a matter of time before it starts fading down the stretch. Toward 5 O' Clock, the sun just seems to take it's foot off the pedal. I don't get it. We're gonna be in real trouble this winter. One of these days the sun's just not going to come up at all.
    I remember back when Johnny Orr was here, it was 90 degrees right away every morning at 6 AM, and the sun didn't set until Coach told it that it could. Those were the days. Every single day was sunny. I can't remember even a single rainy day.

Wear the fox hat.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,175
    Given: 1,803

Quote Originally Posted by LonoClone View Post
    No, I think he is right with the Night and Day analogy. I know that personally, during the day, I always curse the sun for not being brighter. That stupid sun. It always starts so slow and takes a while to get heated up. Then, when it does, it's just a matter of time before it starts fading down the stretch. Toward 5 O' Clock, the sun just seems to take it's foot off the pedal. I don't get it. We're gonna be in real trouble this winter. One of these days the sun's just not going to come up at all.
    I remember back when Johnny Orr was here, it was 90 degrees right away every morning at 6 AM, and the sun didn't set until Coach told it that it could. Those were the days. Every single day was sunny. I can't remember even a single rainy day.
    You'll enjoy this: http://destroythesun.com/

You can join their cause here: Destroy the Sun! Petition

And, well, this one is just cool:
    How Can I Destroy the Sun? Doug’s Darkworld

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUcy08 View Post
    Are you sure you think everything is OK after a win?

he meant that people on this board think everything is ok after a win... not that he himself thinks that everything is ok after a win

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by CYNWIA View Post
    he meant that people on this board think everything is ok after a win... not that he himself thinks that everything is ok after a win
    exactly! The tone of this board is SOOOOO much different in any sport after a win or loss. Any win and some here are on cloud 9, any loss and we want to fire a coach or Pollard or we are not renewing season tickets or something. It's pathetic that we have fans like this.

We won big last night and I realize that we didn't look impressive doing it but funny how after a win we don't have a dozen new threads about firing Mac like we have after all 3 losses so far.

Go Cubs Go!

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

That is what the mood is here based on a win or loss. We win, the sky is falling and McDermott should be fired. We lose and the sky is falling and McDermott should be fired.
    Fixed for accuracy based off the threads last night.

Walk On
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Reading the post game thread was almost as painful as watching us shoot free throws.

Were we world beaters last night--no
    Could we shoot free throws--no
    Do we have a very good help defense -- no

Despite all these things, it seemed like we had more motion in the offense. The defense, while porous at times, was active and tried to apply more pressure--which we haven't seen much of this year--created more turnovers that we could score from. Gilstrap was more effective controlling his drives to the hoop--not committing the charge, finishing shots, getting fouled. We won the game. I kind of feel like the energy exerted on the defensive end contributed to the poor free throw shooting, but perhaps I am clutching at straws. The good that I saw in the game may have had more to do with the team we were playing than the team we have--I don't know.

There were many positives, and negatives, to be taken from this game. Let's try to improve and go from there.

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 526
    Given: 1,134

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Fixed for accuracy based off the threads last night.
    And many, many, many other threads. Honestly, whether we win or lose, many people find a way to complain, in both football and basketball. The only win this year that people really seemed to just enjoy is the Nebraska win, and even then it was explained away later by many.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 47

I understand the wish for perfection but we are dealing with 18-22 year old men who will have off days. We are far from perfect, FT%, but we have been winning and gelling as a team. Remember some of our best players are only 11 games into their career.

Rookie
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 944
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

I think you saw this, not Johnny.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsHLsusut30]YouTube - Elton John Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me Bday Concert MSG[/ame]

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

This post is full of win.

99% of Hawkeye Fans give the rest a bad name...