Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

DL Recruiting now...

We've made a lot of progress on the DL as of late with more good news to come shortly we hope....

But, of the remaining schollies, i think 2 will go to the DL.

So where do we stand as of now:
    Jon Caspers - DT - supposed to be moving to DT where he played in HS.
    Rony Nelson - DE -To me, he's the most important recruit thus far - a impact pass rusher.
    Brandon Jensen - DT, good size and mobility, will be a redshirt player and develop in the system.

The two names being pitched all fall were Mike Douglas and Tim Jackson. Well Douglas is now committed to Kentucky and Jackson has already turned us down for a visit but has us in his top 8. To me, we get neither.

So whos left out there:
    DE
    Dartwan Bush - this guy was rated as one of the top 20 DL in the Texas top 300. This guy is big time flying under radar. He took an official visit to Texas-San Antonio on the 4th but has not committed. To me right now, he would be our best option - i think he is a serious player that would develop under Wally.
    Josh Nunu - JUCO with Big 12 size and speed ready to plug in.
    Aljoshua Tillman - Juco, some very good schools after him - Dec Grad signing day is tomorrow.
    Lincoln Togiai - Juco, decent size, more of a strong side then a rush end, but, we could use someone on the strongside too.
    Paul Dancy - Juco, its between us and KU and he visited there last Sunday?? Weird day to visit from California? Size for a rush end at 6'-4 240.

DT
    Beau Allen - HS - guy has a ton of offers and took an official to Minny last weekend.
    Donta Burnett - HS -good size, only us and Ole Miss recruiting him...oh no not ole miss!!!
    Greg Hickman - HS good size and some other good offers.
    Kenneth Kirksey - HS, good size, and offers from FSU, and MSU...
    David Mahoney - JC - ready to compete a bit undersized, but, according to Wally, he would rather be a bit smaller and more aggressive and agile then big and lumbering. Similar to the Iowa Tackle position - usually undersized but quick off the ball and create matchup problems due to speed.
    Matangi Tonga - JC - offers from Houston and Washington has taken official to washington and has an official set up for Houston next weekend - no official for us yet.
    Ryland Widener - you want size, here you go.....6'-3" and 331 lbs and still runs a 5.2 40....thats pretty good for a big man. I love big guys like this in the trenches in the big 12, its just hard to move them around. Some other good schools interested, if we offer, he would be ours for the taking.....hes a big big man!!!!

There's others that we dont know about yet, but, theres some serious talent in this list, if we can get two guys one of each, i would take Dartwan Bush and Kenneth Kirksey and let them develop with Wally.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

Re: DL Recruiting now...

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    DT
    Beau Allen - HS - guy has a ton of offers and took an official to Minny last weekend.

There's others that we dont know about yet, but, theres some serious talent in this list, if we can get two guys one of each, i would take Dartwan Bush and Kenneth Kirksey and let them develop with Wally.
    Agree with this.

I thought Allen was all but a Gopher?

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Yah Beau Allen is pretty much out of the picture for us.

KMAC, I love reading your threads/posts.

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by mizouse87 View Post
    Yah Beau Allen is pretty much out of the picture for us.

KMAC, I love reading your threads/posts.
    Wow Mizouse - u big time outdid me on the other post with links to all the players, nice work!!!!

Ditto, you know its easy to read such good stuff from various posters when the news for our Football team is in such a positive direction.....all that credit goes to Coach Rhoads and his staff...

Man can anyone remember last year in January, i think even Kmac was gettin restless without the D-Coordinator hire......

Wow am i glad he waited.....great job by CPR to get the RIGHT guys in here, thats what makes following recruiting so much fun - these guys can evaluate kids and recruit against some of the best schools in the country!!!!!