Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 263

A hat tip to you fans who came to Minnesota

Wanted to give you all a tip of the hat for coming up to the game to see our Cyclones beat the Gophers. I only had to drive five miles but you all had to take your entire day plus evening. I was glad to see the players give you all a wave at the end as I bet they could hear you during the game.

I don’t think the Gophers are used to having a visiting crowd like that for women’s basketball. Of course they did stick us behind the pep band but we were still louder than the passive Gopher fans at times. I don’t remember getting stuck behind the band like that the last two trips but at least we had room to move back and to the side.

And finally, the two guys barking at the Gophers shooting free throws were a hoot! All and all a great day.

Recruit
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 22

Re: A hat tip to you fans who came to Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    And finally, the two guys barking at the Gophers shooting free throws were a hoot! All and all a great day.
    We try.

We have taken it upon ourselves to try and bring some Hilton Magic with us on the road. We do make sure to never yell anything derogatory towards the player, just whatever we can to try and make the player miss.

A couple of thing we were disappointed in:

1. The acoustics in the The Barn are HORRIBLE!
    2. The public address announcer wouldn't shut up! He kept talking right up to and over when the player was shooting. He sometimes wouldn't give us a chance to yell.

We did have some Insight Bowl barks planned, but never got a chance to use em.

Great Cyclone crowd there! Just like Iowa fans, the Minnesota fans only seem to cheer when they are leading.

All-Star
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 31

The PA SYSTEM WAS HORRID AND THE "MINN ANNOUNCER WAS YELLING INTO THE MIke. Had both one of our reg announcers and a former gymnastic announcer with me and were critical of both PA & announcing style. Yes it did appear that Minn fans were a little stunned by our vocal presence at the game.

I told one ISU fan I wanted to start a
    chant " JUST LIKE IOWA " BUT THE GAME WAS OVER TOO QUICKLY AT THE END... MINN DIDN'T TRY TOO MANY STUPID FOULS TO STALL OUT THE GAME BUT THE HIT ON, THINK IT WAS STUCKEY, WAS BRUTAL. WHOEVER IT WAS, WAS BRUTALIZED BY STUPID MINN PLAYER.....SHOULD HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT OF THE GAME RIGHT THEN

Last edited by majorcyfan; 12-14-2009 at 02:50 PM.
    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,195
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 12

C-mon you guys. Give the poor PA guy a break. The only reason it was loud was because of all the empty seats in the place. Too much echo power.
    (Although I admit, I did plug my ears a few times and could hear everything much better.)

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 295

Was there a crappy Cyclone Alley or did the Cyclone fans just get noisy???

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

I had a blast! i started as many chants as i could even when we were all going to the buses i started the cyclone power
    def a fun trip that more people need to enjoy
    hope we can schedule them again when its not close to finals week and get more students to come with

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

All-Star
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 645
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 31

We estimated the total crowd as slightly over 2,000, including probably 300 ISU fans,some people drove up or in, plus the ISU fan fan buses.

Announced crowd was slightly over 4,500 but you could sit anywhere you wanted to.

You're right a yelling announcer in an mostly empty building does echo too much.

Try to find a Minnesota sports site like rivals, etc with any mention of the game or any rec thereof. Pathetic Although I did find a something on the
    Gopher Mascot on the Minneapolis Star obituary section.......What a worthless mascot with utterly goofy routines

I loved the trip and the game

Last edited by majorcyfan; 12-14-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    U of OWA ... HOME OF THE FERENTZ "LOW RENT" GRADUATES OF THE SCHOOL OF MORAL TURPITUDE ....THE LEADING UNIVERSITY of SELECTIVE ETHICS......PROUD TO BE ETHICS-FREE, INTEGRITY-FREE .
    NO INTEGRITY, NO "I" IN OWA
    CAN YOU TELL I LOVE THE U OF OWA