The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Chile Mac is on vacation.
    Points: 312,180, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,087
    Points
    312,180
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 803
    Given: 2,034

    The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    In the past I hid some basketball tickets on campus and let people find them as a mini treasure hunt. You can see them here:

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...cket-hunt.html

    and

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...t-part-ii.html

    So, this time I hid 3 pairs of tickets, one for each of the next 3 home games.

    First, I hid two tickets for the game next week against Bradley.

    Clues:

    1) Find a monk who wrote about "the eight thoughts."
    2) See what he thinks about psalmody.
    3) Look for the date of the game.

    If you see Rex Grossman you are close...



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 72,599, Level: 83
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 blocks from the Jack
    Posts
    4,616
    Points
    72,599
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 305

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    In the past I hid some basketball tickets on campus and let people find them as a mini treasure hunt. You can see them here:

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...cket-hunt.html

    and

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...t-part-ii.html

    So, this time I hid 3 pairs of tickets, one for each of the next 3 home games.

    First, I hid two tickets for the game next week against Bradley.

    Clues:

    1) Find a monk who wrote about "the eight thoughts."
    2) See what he thinks about psalmody.
    3) Look for the date of the game.

    If you see Rex Grossman you are close...

    YESSS I love these things!


    Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

    -acgclone

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 97,717, Level: 97
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,333
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,102
    Points
    97,717
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 211

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    In the past I hid some basketball tickets on campus and let people find them as a mini treasure hunt. You can see them here:

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...cket-hunt.html

    and

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...t-part-ii.html

    So, this time I hid 3 pairs of tickets, one for each of the next 3 home games.

    First, I hid two tickets for the game next week against Bradley.

    Clues:

    1) Find a monk who wrote about "the eight thoughts."
    2) See what he thinks about psalmody.
    3) Look for the date of the game.

    If you see Rex Grossman you are close...
    1) Abba Evagrius
    2) Evagrius on Psalmody and Prayer:
    A connection between the seemingly disparate aspects of Evagrius' mystical theology and his writings on psalmody and prayer has been sought from three perspectives. Evagrius' training, life, and related spiritual writings, in the context of the 'discipline of psalmody' as practised by his contemporary monastics; Evagrius texts on the interrelationship between psalmody and prayer, and his underlining of the usefulness of psalmic contemplation in the healing of passions, are typical Sketes ascetical traditions. Biblical scholia when closely studied, may facilitate what Evagrius has called `undistracted psalmody', that is, contemplation by means of the words used in psalms of the person of ****** and of ******'s salvific work within his acts in creation, and redemption, a pioneering tradition, first taught by his grand master Origen.
    3) 20

    somebody else can do the leg work.


    Last edited by everyyard; 12-13-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 19,532, Level: 42
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    bufante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    DMI
    Posts
    979
    Points
    19,532
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 10

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Neat idea!



  5. #5
    Chile Mac is on vacation.
    Points: 312,180, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,087
    Points
    312,180
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 803
    Given: 2,034

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    1) Abba Evagrius
    2) Evagrius on Psalmody and Prayer:
    A connection between the seemingly disparate aspects of Evagrius' mystical theology and his writings on psalmody and prayer has been sought from three perspectives. Evagrius' training, life, and related spiritual writings, in the context of the 'discipline of psalmody' as practised by his contemporary monastics; Evagrius texts on the interrelationship between psalmody and prayer, and his underlining of the usefulness of psalmic contemplation in the healing of passions, are typical Sketes ascetical traditions. Biblical scholia when closely studied, may facilitate what Evagrius has called `undistracted psalmody', that is, contemplation by means of the words used in psalms of the person of ****** and of ******'s salvific work within his acts in creation, and redemption, a pioneering tradition, first taught by his grand master Origen.
    3) 20

    somebody else can do the leg work.
    You know it kind of takes the fun out of it if you just google and post it.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 97,717, Level: 97
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,333
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,102
    Points
    97,717
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 211

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    You know it kind of takes the fun out of it if you just google and post it.
    well, that isn't exactly true. I didn't google the date of the game, I just looked at the schedule.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  7. #7
    Chile Mac is on vacation.
    Points: 312,180, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,087
    Points
    312,180
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 803
    Given: 2,034

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    well, that isn't exactly true. I didn't google the date of the game, I just looked at the schedule.
    Ok, that gave me a smile.

    Just spreading the Evagrius love.



  8. #8
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,738, Level: 24
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    275
    Points
    6,738
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    First off I would like to thank LindenCy for this fun game. It gave my roommate and I some fun for about an hour trying to figure it out. I would also like to thank everyyard for his help on getting me started. I now have two free tickets to the Bradley because of your kindness!



  9. #9
    Chile Mac is on vacation.
    Points: 312,180, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,087
    Points
    312,180
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 803
    Given: 2,034

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by cycub51 View Post
    First off I would like to thank LindenCy for this fun game. It gave my roommate and I some fun for about an hour trying to figure it out. I would also like to thank everyyard for his help on getting me started. I now have two free tickets to the Bradley because of your kindness!
    Great! I hope you enjoy the game. Round 2 to come in the next day or 2...



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 118,385, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,763
    Points
    118,385
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 418

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    So where were they?



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,738, Level: 24
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    275
    Points
    6,738
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    In a book in the library about psalms and abba evagrius



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 19,871, Level: 43
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Chitowncy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    825
    Points
    19,871
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 47

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    What a fantastic idea! Lindency, well done! Big-time rep.



  13. #13
    Chile Mac is on vacation.
    Points: 312,180, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,087
    Points
    312,180
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 803
    Given: 2,034

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Thanks. I had done it in the past, and have 2 more sets to give away...a clue upcoming tonight or tomorrow :).



  14. #14
    Prospect
    Points: 7,808, Level: 26
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NW iowa
    Posts
    28
    Points
    7,808
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Where do 20 and Rex Grossman come in?



  15. #15
    Chile Mac is on vacation.
    Points: 312,180, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,087
    Points
    312,180
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 803
    Given: 2,034

    Re: The Great ISU Ticket Hunt 2009, Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by dvmted View Post
    Where do 20 and Rex Grossman come in?


    They were located on page 20 and there was a Rex Grossman card on the shelf it was located at.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM