Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I live in Northern Iowa, alright. So I go into a footlocker the other day thinking on purchasing some new ISU gear. Well I walk in look around I see:Texas Tech,Iowa,Kansas,Texas, and not 100% sure but I think Penn State. As I'm looking at the wall in dismay I ask the always overly friendly clerks "Where is the Iowa State stuff?" My backs turned to him as I ask, he doesnt answer for about 5 seconds I look around and he has a laughing look on his face. Footlocker says "We don't carry any Iowa State merchandise" All I can think to myself is how is this a laughing matter, I felt like cussing and throwing shoes!

Addict
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;11&#045;06 2&#58;47 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I live in Northern Iowa, alright. So I go into a footlocker the other day thinking on purchasing some new ISU gear. Well I walk in look around I see:Texas Tech,Iowa,Kansas,Texas, and not 100% sure but I think Penn State. As I&#39;m looking at the wall in dismay I ask the always overly friendly clerks "Where is the Iowa State stuff?" My backs turned to him as I ask, he doesnt answer for about 5 seconds I look around and he has a laughing look on his face. Footlocker says "We don&#39;t carry any Iowa State merchandise" All I can think to myself is how is this a laughing matter, I felt like cussing and throwing shoes&#33; [/b][/quote]

I wonder if this is because they don&#39;t want to sell it or if it is a licensing issue.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;11&#045;06 3&#58;47 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I live in Northern Iowa, alright. So I go into a footlocker the other day thinking on purchasing some new ISU gear. Well I walk in look around I see:Texas Tech,Iowa,Kansas,Texas, and not 100% sure but I think Penn State. As I&#39;m looking at the wall in dismay I ask the always overly friendly clerks "Where is the Iowa State stuff?" My backs turned to him as I ask, he doesnt answer for about 5 seconds I look around and he has a laughing look on his face. Footlocker says "We don&#39;t carry any Iowa State merchandise" All I can think to myself is how is this a laughing matter, I felt like cussing and throwing shoes&#33; [/b][/quote]

I&#39;d have asked him why he thinks that&#39;s so freaking funny. Then I&#39;d ask to see his manager.

XXXX Master Shake is under gag order XXXX

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    The guy works at Foot Locker. Instead of asking to see the manager, I would have asked to see his G.E.D., chances are he does not even have that.

Walk On
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Or else ask to see his degree from Iowa - he may be able to produce that without the GED, I would think.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 41
    Funny, we were at Coralville mall a while back (you know, the "Iowa City" mall) and went into Footlocker to look at basketball shoes.

I specifically recall some ISU apparel in there, almost bought an item but it was way over priced.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    For what its worth, I saw Anthony Davis working at the foot locker here in Ames..............Helped me out and seemed like a good guy&#33;

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joshf80 &#064; 07&#045;11&#045;06 5&#58;21 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> For what its worth, I saw Anthony Davis working at the foot locker here in Ames..............Helped me out and seemed like a good guy&#33;

[/b][/quote]

I have met AD before to, and i can agree that he is a stand-up guy. Funny too.

God Bless America

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joshf80 &#064; 07&#045;11&#045;06 5&#58;21 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> For what its worth, I saw Anthony Davis working at the foot locker here in Ames..............Helped me out and seemed like a good guy&#33;

[/b][/quote]

I went to the Footlocker a few years back in CR, and ex-Iowa MBB player Kenyon Murray was the asst. mgr. It was right before Christmas, and he wasn&#39;t interested in helping me--so I left. Arrogant jerk, in my opinion.

Duke Kahanamoku

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    As former Foot Locker manager (10 years) I can tell you that FL merchandises their stores by a few factors. What has sold in the past at that store is a factor. So if they really haven&#39;t done well with ISU merchandise in the past, they won&#39;t carry it any longer. But most of all Foot Locker is all about carrying apparel that will match up with the shoes that are selling well at that time. People that buy the Texas, Texas Tech, etc.... are not fans of these schools but are just looking to "match-up" their gear with their new shoes so they look good at the club that weekend. So if they don&#39;t have any cardinal and gold shoes that are selling well, you won&#39;t see any cardinal and gold clothes. I would never go to FL if I was looking for team stuff because they will never have a wide variety because of the reasons mentioned above. And I would agree that most employees at FL are jerky. Nice to see that AD is not.

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2
    I remember seeing Kenyon Murray working at the footlocker in IC. I figured he was the one laughing at you in Northen Iowa.

Kyle S. Flander

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    yeah its lame how sports becomes a fashion show. yeah when I think footlocker I think MTV. its all about whats in and what they can sell.