Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 903
    Given: 551

Another great Whitlock article on Tiger/Celebrity athletes

Good article on the media reaction to the situation and the reality of athletes' lives in general. It may not sit well with those of you who are amazed that a young, famous, billionaire golfer would play a few holes on the side.

Here's the truth behind the Tiger Woods scandal - Golf News - FOX Sports on MSN

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 92

Re: Another great Whitlock article on Tiger/Celebrity athletes

I think he overplays race a little in this but he brings up some fantastic points with regards to Jordan and Shaq. I think the difference is the sport. I think the public just knows and accepts that other sports stars do these things. I think Tiger was more of a shock that a golfer did this than Tiger did it. I just love how he blast Reilly and at the same time rubs it in his face by mentioning Bill Simmons. I love Simmons and hate Reilly. I used to be a huge Tiger fan. I still am when he will play, however he is not the model celebrity that I once thought him as. No more. No more will I ever think a celebrity leads a pure life. Athletes and other celebrities do not lead a lifestyle conducive to being a role model. The people that bother me are the ones saying "O, he was supposed to be a role model for my kids." No, no he's not. YOu are supposed to be that role model. Athletes get paid to play a sport and entertain you, not to help raise your god damn kids. If you are relying on your kid growing up and doing the right things by watching athletes then I think you need to take a look at a mirror. Sorry, I got off on a rant.

It's all snark from here on out

Pro
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

Whitlock is the man. He speaks the truth. Road beef? I love it.

Honor Before Victory

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Good article. Whitlock is always thought provoking whether you agree with him or not which is what I like.

Boy, ESPN is truly a "four letter word" for him.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I think he overplays race a little in this but he brings up some fantastic points with regards to Jordan and Shaq. I think the difference is the sport. I think the public just knows and accepts that other sports stars do these things. I think Tiger was more of a shock that a golfer did this than Tiger did it. I just love how he blast Reilly and at the same time rubs it in his face by mentioning Bill Simmons. I love Simmons and hate Reilly. I used to be a huge Tiger fan. I still am when he will play, however he is not the model celebrity that I once thought him as. No more. No more will I ever think a celebrity leads a pure life. Athletes and other celebrities do not lead a lifestyle conducive to being a role model. The people that bother me are the ones saying "O, he was supposed to be a role model for my kids." No, no he's not. YOu are supposed to be that role model. Athletes get paid to play a sport and entertain you, not to help raise your god damn kids. If you are relying on your kid growing up and doing the right things by watching athletes then I think you need to take a look at a mirror. Sorry, I got off on a rant.
    Who knew Charles Barkley was right all the years, huh?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 903
    Given: 551

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Good post. People are acting like Tiger betrayed or hurt them personally. Its their own fault if they believe him to be some sort of perfect role model, he is a complete stranger to all of us other than his golfing.