Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Gophers vs Cyclones

I haven't been on this site in sometime. Last time I was on here was when you guys were about to dismantle those annoying rejects from north dakota. I just wanted to get a discussion going on what you guys thought would happen during this bowl game?

My thoughts:
    i am a gopher fan, so im picking minny to win by 10. i think our defense is better then your offense, but im not sure if our offense is better then your defense. i have a feeling this is either going to be a wierd shoot out type game or some type of 20-10 special teams grind it out boring *** game.

last, thanks for kicking the hell out of ndsu...that school may be the most annoying fan base in the country and they seem to think they need the respect of a florida or usc...i dont get it

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,124
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 91

Re: Gophers vs Cyclones

uh oh. You're not related to lakesbision, are you?

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

nope, i picked my name to **** him off though

All-Star
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 78

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    uh oh. You're not related to lakesbision, are you?
    Cousins of the great plains!

All truisms are false. All of them.

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,124
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 91

That guy spent all summer filling this place with his trash. I believe he had some help with no longer posting here.

As far as your prediction, you may be right that your D is better than our O. The Cyclone offense has not been healthy since week 6, although it looked like they were coming back to form against Missouri. Of course we have had our starting QB, RB, and C miss quite a bit of time. If all those guys are healthy, we have a pretty strong running game. Our passing attack remains something of a quagmire.

On defense, we started to slip quite a bit near the end of the season. Every team has moved the ball on us, but we have had a few timely turnovers in the red zone and have done a much better job at keeping teams out of the endzone compared to one year ago. Jesse Smith is an all-Big 12 MLB that eats babies with a smile on his face.

I think it will be in the neighborhood of 20-17 or so. Pick a winner.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by lakesgopher View Post
    I haven't been on this site in sometime. Last time I was on here was when you guys were about to dismantle those annoying rejects from north dakota. I just wanted to get a discussion going on what you guys thought would happen during this bowl game?

My thoughts:
    i am a Cyclone fan, so im picking ISU to win by 10. i think our defense is better then your offense, but im not sure if our offense is better then your defense. i have a feeling this is either going to be a wierd shoot out type game or some type of 20-10 special teams grind it out boring *** game.

last, thanks for kicking the hell out of ndsu...that school may be the most annoying fan base in the country and they seem to think they need the respect of a florida or usc...i dont get it
    These are my thoughts...

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

arent the great plains where the corn fields are? as in Ames? I live in Minneapolis, probably be best to keep the country comments to yourselves cause you wont win that battle

All-Star
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 78

arent the great plains where the corn fields are? as in Ames? I live in Minneapolis, probably be best to keep the country comments to yourselves cause you wont win that battle
    My reference was to the mighty gopher (13-lined ground squirrel*) being a plains animal, my sincere & humble apologies if that offended you. Also, Minnesota ranked 4th nationally in corn production according to the USDA.

*From the Minnesota DNR

All truisms are false. All of them.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

good for us, i dont see many combines cruising down hiawatha ave so my bad! i wasnt starting the thread for trash talk. i have been to ames to watch the cyclones before...you guys lost which really really sucks cause i cant stand those hogeyes

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 360

Friggin metro people thinking they are too good to associate with the rest of their state. Reason #27 why I didn't follow dad's footsteps to the U.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

wow, lets delete this post! you guys are very sensitive. your program looks and feels much better then mine i just figured i could get some good conversation on here! my bad!

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    Friggin metro people thinking they are too good to associate with the rest of their state. Reason #27 why I didn't follow dad's footsteps to the U.
    Being from Omaha, I have enough experience to tell you that it's a two way street. City folk and country folk are just different, and for some reason they get mad at each other about it.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 101

My thoughts:
    i am a gopher fan, so im picking minny to win by 10. i think our defense is better then your offense, but im not sure if our offense is better then your defense. i have a feeling this is either going to be a wierd shoot out type game or some type of 20-10 special teams grind it out boring *** game.

First question how are Gophers scoring 20 points? I don't see Arnuad throwing 3 pick 6's and then us blocking an extra point. I watched Minnesota play SDSU and Iowa and that offense (since the loss of Decker) is one of the worst in the country. Too many distractions, the Gophers have been there 3 out of 4 years and really don't want to be there and sounds like Brewster doesn't want to be at Minnesota anymore. ISU is on the upswing, they want to be there more and have all their offensive fire power back at 100% first time since week 4, ISU 31-3.

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 360

Go medium sized townfolk!!! Woo!!

Actually, I am probably over-sensitive about it. My hometown is probably about 12,000 people and I could count on one hand the number of people I knew in school who actually came from farming families. Yet we competed in a conference against several metro suburbs and we always caught flak for being the hicks of the conference.

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 21

wow, lets delete this post! you guys are very sensitive. your program looks and feels much better then mine i just figured i could get some good conversation on here! my bad!
    Is it us, or you? Someone made a comment about the plains, and you went off about how Minneapolis is actually a city, and they shouldn't be talking (even though that wasn't the point of his post).