Cub Fans

Thread: Cub Fans

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Cub Fans

Anybody hear any updates on Prior or Wood? I know Prior was going to pitch in a minor league game today but haven't heard anything since.

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 64

Re: Cub Fans

Looks like Prior is heading to Triple A and Woody strained a muscle in his arm and will miss a few days. There was an article about Kerry on the Chi Sun Times website. LINK

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

too bad for Prior although it might do him some good. who do like in the race for the fifth spot? I think miller will start the season there but Prior will eventually claim it.

Addict
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 213
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by C.John View Post
    Looks like Prior is heading to Triple A and Woody strained a muscle in his arm and will miss a few days. There was an article about Kerry on the Chi Sun Times website. LINK
    That is correct. Prior is going to pitch in a "B" game today. If all goes well, you will see him back in an "A" game next week. He is healthy and that is the important part. Now he is trying to get his confidence back to become the accurate pitcher that he has shown in the past.

Wood strained a muscle stepping over a whole on the mound trying to make longer strides. He is day to day.

If anyone cares to know, Marshall is doing good. He is confident, and says everything is in order but he is just two weeks behind. He hopes to get into game before spring training is over.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by klones View Post
    too bad for Prior although it might do him some good. who do like in the race for the fifth spot? I think miller will start the season there but Prior will eventually claim it.
    Right now I believe Miller has the edge. But depending on how Guzman does he might get the nod. Miller has down well, but not great. An awesome outing from Guzman could put him in the lead. Until Prior gets back to the Cactus league he isn't an option.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    That is correct. Prior is going to pitch in a "B" game today. If all goes well, you will see him back in an "A" game next week. He is healthy and that is the important part. Now he is trying to get his confidence back to become the accurate pitcher that he has shown in the past.

Wood strained a muscle stepping over a whole on the mound trying to make longer strides. He is day to day.

If anyone cares to know, Marshall is doing good. He is confident, and says everything is in order but he is just two weeks behind. He hopes to get into game before spring training is over.

I thought Marshall showed some good signs last year, but probably doesnt have a chance this year. Good to see he is healthy and doing good.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

He will start more than likely in Triple A. He needs to be utilized as a starter and not a bullpen guy. From there he could make a push for a role for later in the season. Hill has shown some good signs this spring, but can that continue into the season? Marshall will be looking at a 4th or 5th spot in the rotation come July. This nice this is, there are plenty of starters to work with. Hopefully one of them can get hot.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I really like Hill and hope he can continue what started towards the end of last year. The guy could be a very solid pitcher if he is consistent this year. He just dominated AAA ball and I think has finally made it over the hump in the majors.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Hill has an amazing breaking ball. That thing has to be IMPOSSIBLE to see for a left-handed batter.

As for Wood, I heard about the stride thing too. I am not pitching a coach, but I am trying to figure out how you strain your triceps when you stride too far? Probably the same way you get injured falling out of your hottub....

Last edited by HILLCYD; 03-16-2007 at 04:26 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

I watched Prior pitch a spring training game last weekend against the Royals and he got shelled. The radar gun didn't even have him hitting 90. I think he gave up something like 4 runs in 2/3 of an inning. The guy I really liked for the Cubs was a young catcher named Jake Fox. He hit a 440' shot to center and hit a laser beam double that about went through the wall. But anyways, something has to be wrong with Prior's arm

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Prior could use a change of scenery.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by arganbright2 View Post
    I watched Prior pitch a spring training game last weekend against the Royals and he got shelled. The radar gun didn't even have him hitting 90. I think he gave up something like 4 runs in 2/3 of an inning. The guy I really liked for the Cubs was a young catcher named Jake Fox. He hit a 440' shot to center and hit a laser beam double that about went through the wall. But anyways, something has to be wrong with Prior's arm
    I listened to Pat and Ronny for that game. I had never heard 'ole Ronny so down on Prior. Something may be wrong with his arm, but I think it is more in his head. When you get hurt over & over & over again, eventually you don't trust anything anymore. You are waiting for the next injury, and you can't be effective that way.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Guzman wasn't too impressive today, 5 runs, 3.1 innings and 0 k's. I was hoping to see better from him. Anybody else see any of the game on wgn? Dj and Hawk were doing the game so that was a big turnoff. Also Prior threw 45 of 68 strikes in his minor outing. However the velocity of his fastball is still in the 80's.