Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 436
    Given: 75

Apathy

After the Northwestern game I was ******. After the UNI game I was dissapointed. And today, I am indifferent. I have quickly lost the passion for MBB that I used to have. I think it's a defense mechanism, after you get burned so many times you become numb. Anyone else at this point already like I am?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Apathy

Same here. I'm not off the banwagon yet..Im slowly getting not interested in watching this team though..

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 156

I went into "**** it" mode late in the Morgan era and have been that way for now almost 5 years with ISU MBB. Still go to some games, but not even close to the amount we used to go to. Used to schedule my weeks around the games. Just no fun to watch at all. Had no desire to stay up and watch them late last night. I can't believe I admitted to this but its true and I imagine there are more in the same boat.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 135

Pretty much all of welch ave station last night decided they'd rather keep watching the Texas-Nebraska game than the ISU-Cal game.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    I went into "**** it" mode late in the Morgan era and have been that way for now almost 5 years with ISU MBB. Still go to some games, but not even close to the amount we used to go to. Used to schedule my weeks around the games. Just no fun to watch at all. Had no desire to stay up and watch them late last night. I can't believe I admitted to this but its true and I imagine there are more in the same boat.
    I've been in that boat for awhile now too... i jumped onto this team, having some hope for this year, and went to all but one home game so far, but at this point i may be back in that mode fairly soon. If we lose to iowa, im not sure i'll make it to another home game this year. Maybe for the games that have stage door.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 730
    Given: 487

Quote Originally Posted by alarson83 View Post
    Pretty much all of welch ave station last night decided they'd rather keep watching the Texas-Nebraska game than the ISU-Cal game.
    I took it one step further - I watched the end of the Ga Tech-Clemson game before I flipped over, and was reading a book through most of the second half. I guess that would be the very definition of apathy...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 19

For the first time last night, I found myself not caring about Iowa State basketball, which scares me a lot because I love Iowa State basketball more than anything. Things need to change and change fast, meaning winning games.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

I wish I was experiencing apathy. It would be much easier. I still get mad. I know what the basketball program can do and seeing the program in the current state really bothers me.

The sad thing is with McDermott's 20 year contract we're all pretty much screwed. I think that's half the reason people are losing interest. No matter what happens, there won't be a change made any time soon. I'm not saying a change should be made yet but we're nearing that point under normal circumstances.

Rookie
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

this board is the most bi-polar group of people, we were 6-0 and world beaters then 6-1 we still got a chance, 6-2 our worlds coming to an end, 6-3 forget this team they are worthless. grow up peter pan, count chocula, its the first quarter of the season and you are ready to throw it all away after one bad week? this is the time when our team needs our support the most, pick 'em up let 'em know we are behind them and wont give up on them. I for one still believe this team is a NCAA qualifier and this fan-base needs to chew some anti-depressants and get ready for the weeks to come.

dan k

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clones11 View Post
    this board is the most bi-polar group of people, we were 6-0 and world beaters then 6-1 we still got a chance, 6-2 our worlds coming to an end, 6-3 forget this team they are worthless. grow up peter pan, count chocula, its the first quarter of the season and you are ready to throw it all away after one bad week? this is the time when our team needs our support the most, pick 'em up let 'em know we are behind them and wont give up on them. I for one still believe this team is a NCAA qualifier and this fan-base needs to chew some anti-depressants and get ready for the weeks to come.
    we looked great when playing teams without a pulse. The three teams we have played worth anything have beaten us, and we've looked like absolute crap.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 730
    Given: 487

Yeah, we were all excited when we were 6-0. Now that we've lost 3 straight, we've realized what kinds of teams we've played that allowed this team to start 6-0...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 156

Find another thread to post this on where people are still interested in ISUBB. Those of us here haven't paid much attention for a few years.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Starter
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

You haven't cared in years, yet you spend time on a Sunday afternoon posting about it. Everybody is frustrated, but the fact is that real fans will always care, and will always support the team. I've been a fan for longer than most of you have been alive, and always will be.

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 58

I live outside of Iowa and so I don't get to see many televised bball games. I was going to purchase the full court package, but hadn't done so yet because of my busy work schedule.

I can't see wasting the time or money at this point, when it looks like nothing but heartache after having such high expectations.

Legend
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 205
    Given: 36

unfortunatly im firmly entrenched in the apathy with ISU bball and have been for 5 years or so. I will never give up on it, its just not the priority it used to be.