Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 36,685, Level: 59
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,456
    Points
    36,685
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    that just has zero national appeal. i could be wrong but i think most people like to see the non bcs studs take on the big boy to see how they will fair. with the exception of hawaii against georgia all the other times have been outstanding games where the underdog has won. underdog vs underdog just isn't that appealing



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 33,629, Level: 56
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 621
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cloneteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,248
    Points
    33,629
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 4

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Completely agree. I want to see TCU play Florida although I don't see that happening.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 33,629, Level: 56
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 621
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cloneteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,248
    Points
    33,629
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 4

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    I don't see a bowl game selecting that though. Have to fill the seats. I know Boise traveled well last time (yes, they did), but its much more appealing to have David vs Goliath



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 45,186, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,492
    Points
    45,186
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Yeah, I agree. I do not want to see a TCU/Boise St. matchup. I would like to see Boise State in the fiesta bowl with Iowa personally. Also, I really don't think Texas deserves to be in the national championship game with the way they played against a 23rd ranked team (generous ranking IMO). It should be Alabama vs. Cincinnati.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 25,009, Level: 48
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,569
    Points
    25,009
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 70

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    I was hoping so bad for Texas to get beat, I wanted the BCS guys to sweat it out and have to make a choice. TCU and Boise will make things interesting.


    Go Cyclones!!

  6. #6
    st8
    Guest

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrods79 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I do not want to see a TCU/Boise St. matchup. I would like to see Boise State in the fiesta bowl with Iowa personally. Also, I really don't think Texas deserves to be in the national championship game with the way they played against a 23rd ranked team (generous ranking IMO). It should be Alabama vs. Cincinnati.
    cincinatti cannot get their fans to fill up a stadium in their own town that is the size of jack trice, let alone travel a couple thousand miles to make a showing at the rose bowl. Texas vs Alabama has so much more appeal on so many levels (storied programs, football conference v football conference, big time coaches, most rednecky fanbase?, etc.) That being said, I was hoping they would lose last night, causing BCS chaos and more poeple calling for this communist system to end. why are you so bad at offense Nebraska?



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 404,820, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,082
    Points
    404,820
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 111

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrods79 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I do not want to see a TCU/Boise St. matchup. I would like to see Boise State in the fiesta bowl with Iowa personally. Also, I really don't think Texas deserves to be in the national championship game with the way they played against a 23rd ranked team (generous ranking IMO). It should be Alabama vs. Cincinnati.
    just last week, alabama struggled to beat unranked auburn.
    Cincinatti has won 3 of its last 4 by 3 points or less. One to Pitt, one to West Virginia (24 i believe), and one to UCONN (unranked)

    This 'texas doesnt belong there' talk just because they had a close game with nebraska, is bogus.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 172,875, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,441
    Points
    172,875
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 0

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    that just has zero national appeal. i could be wrong but i think most people like to see the non bcs studs take on the big boy to see how they will fair. with the exception of hawaii against georgia all the other times have been outstanding games where the underdog has won. underdog vs underdog just isn't that appealing
    Yeah... TCU and Boise would be a terrible matchup. I want to see how both of these teams would do against BCS competition. Probably one of the best bowl games I have ever seen was the Boise-Oklahoma game a few years back. Unbelievable.

    TCU-Boise does absolutely nothing for me.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 45,186, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,492
    Points
    45,186
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    cincinatti cannot get their fans to fill up a stadium in their own town that is the size of jack trice, let alone travel a couple thousand miles to make a showing at the rose bowl. Texas vs Alabama has so much more appeal on so many levels (storied programs, football conference v football conference, big time coaches, most rednecky fanbase?, etc.) That being said, I was hoping they would lose last night, causing BCS chaos and more poeple calling for this communist system to end. why are you so bad at offense Nebraska?
    That is exactly the problem, it isn't who deserves it most. If you can't play Cincinnati's schedule this year in the Big East (a BCS conference), go undefeated, and don't get a shot at a NC game, how do you ever get to a NC game in a BCS conference that is not one of the big 4?



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 253,740, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,439
    Points
    253,740
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 401
    Given: 368

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrods79 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I do not want to see a TCU/Boise St. matchup. I would like to see Boise State in the fiesta bowl with Iowa personally. Also, I really don't think Texas deserves to be in the national championship game with the way they played against a 23rd ranked team (generous ranking IMO). It should be Alabama vs. Cincinnati.
    TCU>Cincy



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 187,363, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,291
    Points
    187,363
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 74

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Why not. Would be a good game. Who wants to watch a blow out. Its Football people will watch.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 45,186, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,492
    Points
    45,186
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson83 View Post
    just last week, alabama struggled to beat unranked auburn.
    Cincinatti has won 3 of its last 4 by 3 points or less. One to Pitt, one to West Virginia (24 i believe), and one to UCONN (unranked)

    This 'texas doesnt belong there' talk just because they had a close game with nebraska, is bogus.
    Texas had close games against Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Nebraska.

    Also, you forgot Cincy's good showing against Illinois in between that stretch (not that Illinois is very scary). All I am saying is that they should have a shot, and if they can't get there with the way they played this year, how can they ever? The problem is perception, and the double-standard where late season losses (and lackluster performances) hurt BCS standings. Sure Alabama struggled with Auburn the week before, and then they manhandled #1 Florida...they deserve it.

    It isn't bogus.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 404,820, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,082
    Points
    404,820
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 111

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Yeah... TCU and Boise would be a terrible matchup. I want to see how both of these teams would do against BCS competition. Probably one of the best bowl games I have ever seen was the Boise-Oklahoma game a few years back. Unbelievable.

    TCU-Boise does absolutely nothing for me.
    TCU-Boise suits the BCS well. Not for the fans, but it makes one of the two undefeated non-bcs teams have a loss, which will be better, especially if the national championship game ends up sucking. If Boise State and TCU both go in, and say, blow out their bcs conference opponent, the calls for a playoff might be the loudest you've ever heard them.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 74,002, Level: 84
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    6,532
    Points
    74,002
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 13

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    has TCU been on tv? who have they played that was any good? utah and BYU aren't that good. I just can't make an arguement for them. Last year I heard the same thing. "TCU is really good" They played Oklahoma in like week 3 and lost 35-7!! They had their shot and blew it. This year will probably be the same old jazz



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 45,186, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,492
    Points
    45,186
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: i hope TCU doesn't get paired with Boise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    TCU>Cincy
    BCS Conferences > Non-BCS Conferences ...when it comes to BCS rankings of course.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM