Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 210,478, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    11,218
    Points
    210,478
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,533
    Given: 236

    What almost was...

    We came just a few plays away from having Pitt, Clemson, and Nebraska all in a BCS bowl game with TCU vs Alabama in the NC.

    What a day of college football.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 147,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    10,649
    Points
    147,981
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 448
    Given: 312

    Re: What almost was...

    And yet again, the hawks get everything they need to fall their way.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 80,362, Level: 88
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,588
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,601
    Points
    80,362
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 96

    Re: What almost was...

    I am glad it happened this way. 5 undefeated teams proves the BCS does NOT work. What a bunch of crap this whole system is...



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 100,403, Level: 98
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,243
    Points
    100,403
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 248
    Given: 300

    Re: What almost was...

    Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    I am glad it happened this way. 5 undefeated teams proves the BCS does NOT work. What a bunch of crap this whole system is...
    works fine for what it was created to do. you are just stuck in thinking it is designed to determine the final rank order of the top teams. that is just gravy to the original purpose. The only way it will stop working and lead to change is if a TCU or a Boise State can actually crash the national title game with the entire deck stacked against them.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 80,362, Level: 88
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,588
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,601
    Points
    80,362
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 96

    Re: What almost was...

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    works fine for what it was created to do. you are just stuck in thinking it is designed to determine the final rank order of the top teams. that is just gravy to the original purpose. The only way it will stop working and lead to change is if a TCU or a Boise State can actually crash the national title game with the entire deck stacked against them.
    No, it does not work. I thought Utah should have been in the NC game last season. They were faster and better than Alabama last season. We will never know if they could have won as they were not given the opportunity.
    5 undefeated teams. Are we sure the top 2 will be playing for the NC this season?



  6. #6
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 346,767, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    26,438
    Points
    346,767
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,110
    Given: 5,631

    Re: What almost was...

    Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    No, it does not work. I thought Utah should have been in the NC game last season. They were faster and better than Alabama last season. We will never know if they could have won as they were not given the opportunity.
    5 undefeated teams. Are we sure the top 2 will be playing for the NC this season?
    I think Utah would have been competitive with any team. I'd like to see TCU against Florida or Texas.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 70,690, Level: 82
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,261
    Points
    70,690
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 8

    Re: What almost was...

    Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    I am glad it happened this way. 5 undefeated teams proves the BCS does NOT work. What a bunch of crap this whole system is...
    The BCS has survived worse than this. It will be around for awhile at least 2014.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM