Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 44,304, Level: 65
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,246
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Points
    44,304
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    He wins, yet seems to be a *****. Would you want him to coach your favorite team?


    Honor Before Victory

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 45,145, Level: 65
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,492
    Points
    45,145
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    No, he is fine at Cincinnati.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 68,849, Level: 81
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,348
    Points
    68,849
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 16

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    He wins, yet seems to be a *****. Would you want him to coach your favorite team?
    Now, never. We have our man.

    Kelly > Chizik. Yes, would have taken him then. My two top choices were Patterson and Kelly at the time. Patterson probably was not interested.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 431,706, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,788
    Points
    431,706
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 15

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    Now, never. We have our man.

    Kelly > Chizik. Yes, would have taken him then. My two top choices were Patterson and Kelly at the time. Patterson probably was not interested.
    And you think Kelly was?



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 112,943, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,744
    Points
    112,943
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 50

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    yet seems to be a *****.
    Based on what, exactly?



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 45,145, Level: 65
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,492
    Points
    45,145
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    If he loses this game, as unfair as it is, he'll be at Cincinnati for a while.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 44,304, Level: 65
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,246
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Points
    44,304
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    Based on what, exactly?
    exactly based on the way he spews poison to his players. Mangino less 300 pounds.


    Honor Before Victory

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 10,411, Level: 30
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    ktoddcyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Columbus Junction, IA
    Posts
    516
    Points
    10,411
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Yes, he's a good coach.


    "Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose probably lost."

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 484,062, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,023
    Points
    484,062
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 97

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrods79 View Post
    If he loses this game, as unfair as it is, he'll be at Cincinnati for a while.
    From what I understand about his currently in-negotiation contract, he might be anyways. Sounds like Cincy is going to make him a VERY wealthy man if he chooses to stay.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,469, Level: 77
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ficklone02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    3,907
    Points
    62,469
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    exactly based on the way he spews poison to his players. Mangino less 300 pounds.
    Behind every successful operation there is an *******. You can be an ******* in a way that accomplishes results, yet does not disparage your players personally like Mangino. I'd take Kelly in a second.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 112,943, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,744
    Points
    112,943
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 50

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneML View Post
    exactly based on the way he spews poison to his players. Mangino less 300 pounds.
    OK, I'll ask again, like what exactly?



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 114,056, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,928
    Points
    114,056
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 41

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    From what I understand about his currently in-negotiation contract, he might be anyways. Sounds like Cincy is going to make him a VERY wealthy man if he chooses to stay.
    On the bottom line on ESPN, it said that Kelly is willing to talk with ND. I'm guessing he will hear what they have to say before he listens to Cincy's offer. As an Irish fan...I DO NOT WANT HIM. At the half he threw the kicker under the bus after the kid shanked a 55 yarder. "If you cant make it I'll throw it to the end zone. The kid just wants to get on the field." Really? The kid has a 55 yarder already in his career, you know he can make it. You would rather have Pike (who already had 2ints at half) throw the ball down field to a mass of players hoping one would come down. It wasnt the kickers decision to go out there, it was Kelly's. Kelly thought he could make the kick. It was the right decision, you try for points, not for luck.

    Whenever someone on his team messes up, he yells at them. Some people like that, I'm not one of them. Yeah, you need to give some guys a swift kick every now and again, but you also need to tell guys that they'll be ok and to get out there and do it right next time. I dont like his attitude or his cockiness. IMO, Charlie was confident, not cocky. He was a offensive mastermind. Should have saved some $ and went and got an outstanding D coordinator.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 158,327, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,888
    Points
    158,327
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    On the bottom line on ESPN, it said that Kelly is willing to talk with ND. I'm guessing he will hear what they have to say before he listens to Cincy's offer. As an Irish fan...I DO NOT WANT HIM. At the half he threw the kicker under the bus after the kid shanked a 55 yarder. "If you cant make it I'll throw it to the end zone. The kid just wants to get on the field." Really? The kid has a 55 yarder already in his career, you know he can make it. You would rather have Pike (who already had 2ints at half) throw the ball down field to a mass of players hoping one would come down. It wasnt the kickers decision to go out there, it was Kelly's. Kelly thought he could make the kick. It was the right decision, you try for points, not for luck.

    Whenever someone on his team messes up, he yells at them. Some people like that, I'm not one of them. Yeah, you need to give some guys a swift kick every now and again, but you also need to tell guys that they'll be ok and to get out there and do it right next time. I dont like his attitude or his cockiness. IMO, Charlie was confident, not cocky. He was a offensive mastermind. Should have saved some $ and went and got an outstanding D coordinator.
    "pudding pants' Charlie had no business being coach of the Irish.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 106,256, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,424
    Points
    106,256
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 129

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Wanted BK 3 years ago. Wanted him last year. He's a winner. We needed a winner.
    I have nothing at all against CPR, just really wanted BK when we needed a coach.


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 50,989, Level: 69
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,539
    Points
    50,989
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 42

    Re: Brian Kelly- would you take him?

    Brian Kelly is a top 5 college coach, so yes, I'd want him. He's not there to be your friend, he's there to be your football coach.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM