Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 174,798, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,245
    Points
    174,798
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 59

    Something else no one is talking about

    I felt like losing JVB could have cost us that game. I felt like he was doing the best job on UNI's bigs defensively. I am guessing he would have been in at the end in place of Dendy.


    Last edited by snowcraig2.0; 12-04-2009 at 08:31 AM.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 265,507, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,022
    Points
    265,507
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 530
    Given: 125

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    I felt like losing JVB could have cost us that game. I felt like he was doing the best job on UNI's bigs on defense. I am guessing he would have been in at the end in place of Dendy.
    You're joking right? JVB's defense was near horrid Wednesday night.



  3. #3
    All-Star Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    dtclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,630
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    What ever happened with his knee injury? Is he out for a while or did he just roll it?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 391,286, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,098
    Points
    391,286
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 257

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    You're joking right? JVB's defense was near horrid Wednesday night.

    He was not joking. You would have seen the pirate then.

    JVB pulled the defensders out to guard him and gave CB more room to maneuver. That disappeared when his knee went kerplunk.

    Is JVB okay?


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 334,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,729
    Points
    334,917
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    I felt like he was doing the best job on UNI's bigs defensively.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,437, Level: 95
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kg-cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    94,437
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by dtclones View Post
    What ever happened with his knee injury? Is he out for a while or did he just roll it?
    I think he banged knees...not sure on his status.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 265,507, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,022
    Points
    265,507
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 530
    Given: 125

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    He was not joking. You would have seen the pirate then.

    JVB pulled the defensders out to guard him and gave CB more room to maneuver. That disappeared when his knee went kerplunk.

    Is JVB okay?
    I wont disagree with that at all, but JVB was getting beat on D down low, and bad.



  8. #8
    All-Star Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    dtclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,630
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    I think he banged knees...not sure on his status.

    Ow. I hate when that happens...terrible feeling.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,369, Level: 61
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 981
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,025
    Points
    39,369
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 16

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I wont disagree with that at all, but JVB was getting beat on D down low, and bad.
    who didn't get beat down low?


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 8,999, Level: 28
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 351
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Clones33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    WDM, IA
    Posts
    535
    Points
    8,999
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by dtclones View Post
    What ever happened with his knee injury? Is he out for a while or did he just roll it?
    How do you roll a knee?

    Actually, the more I think about it, that would be pretty painful.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 174,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    GeronimusClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    174,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by tman24 View Post
    who didn't get beat down low?
    Want.to.make.obvious.joke.must.stay.on.topic.


    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 33,295, Level: 56
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 955
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    isuforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,672
    Points
    33,295
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 126

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    he stills needs coached , still looking for one



  13. #13
    Walk On
    Points: 3,570, Level: 17
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    135
    Points
    3,570
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    No way, JVB is our worst post defender. Its amazing how many people overlook the real reason we lost this game which is clearly rebounding. We were outrebounded by a three guard team on our home court 36-28. The center position was the biggest problem as JVB, Dendy and Hamilton played 38 minutes and had a combined 4 rebounds. Thats the reason we lost the game, period. That is simply desire on the players part to outphysical a smaller opponent, and the coaches not teaching the proper technique and then going ballistic and getting in the players face to until they understand the importance and have the desire to get it done. We didn't even box out on a couple possessions at all. We had significant size advantages at 4 of 5 positions. Eglseder and Koch had averaged 8 and 4 boards respectively and we let them manhandle us for 14 and 7!

    UNI
    G 6-0
    G 6-1
    G/SF 6-2
    PF 6-8
    C 7-0

    ISU
    G 6-4
    G 6-5
    SF 6-6
    PF 6-10
    C 6-11



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 24,892, Level: 48
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    781
    Points
    24,892
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by kg-cyclone View Post
    I think he banged knees...not sure on his status.

    KG - Curious of what your thoughts are on the UNI game....


    "Unless a man is born again, he will not see the Kingdom of Heaven" John 3:3

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 265,507, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,022
    Points
    265,507
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 530
    Given: 125

    Re: Something else no one is talking about

    Quote Originally Posted by MelMel View Post
    No way, JVB is our worst post defender. Its amazing how many people overlook the real reason we lost this game which is clearly rebounding. We were outrebounded by a three guard team on our home court 36-28. The center position was the biggest problem as JVB, Dendy and Hamilton played 38 minutes and had a combined 4 rebounds. Thats the reason we lost the game, period. That is simply desire on the players part to outphysical a smaller opponent, and the coaches not teaching the proper technique and then going ballistic and getting in the players face to until they understand the importance and have the desire to get it done. We didn't even box out on a couple possessions at all. We had significant size advantages at 4 of 5 positions. Eglseder and Koch had averaged 8 and 4 boards respectively and we let them manhandle us for 14 and 7!

    UNI
    G 6-0
    G 6-1
    G/SF 6-2
    PF 6-8
    C 7-0

    ISU
    G 6-4
    G 6-5
    SF 6-6
    PF 6-10
    C 6-11
    That, and turnovers, many of which were unforced...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM