Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 114
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 2,541, Level: 14
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    20
    Points
    2,541
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    What are your opinions on what needs to be done to fix cyclone alley? What needs to be done to bring the "Magic" back to Hilton??



  2. #2
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    870
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Hilton Magic was built on the run and gun fast break teams of Johnny Orr. I really believe we must play that style of play at home to make our home crowd most effective. Oh and winning helps too.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 62,582, Level: 77
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,051
    Points
    62,582
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 128

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    A coach that runs-guns.....lifts his arms in the air to get the crowd pumped (Orr, Eustachy)..... yells at the refs....and gets "good-emotional" Technicals.....(Orr, Floyd, Eustachy).......turtleneck sweaters with adidas on them (Eustachy).....rolled up paper roster...(Floyd) Say...."WOO-EEE" and show excitement! (Orr)

    and most importantly, WINS!


    Last edited by WalkingCY; 12-03-2009 at 02:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 19,836, Level: 42
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    949
    Points
    19,836
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Quote Originally Posted by hursts View Post
    Hilton Magic was built on the run and gun fast break teams of Johnny Orr. I really believe we must play that style of play at home to make our home crowd most effective. Oh and winning helps too.
    Yea, our style of play is not one built for excitement...for us fans atleast.

    How long til the first post that says eliminate it?



  5. #5
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    It is pathetic to see that a TRUE Cyclone fan is told that they must leave their second row seat just because they didn't pay $30 for a shirt. There are people that come with their fraternities or sororities just to be seen in the front three rows when they spend more time on their phone's texting about recent gossip in their house than watching the game. I think it is sad that people (Cyclone Alley Central) walk up and down the rows picking out people who are covering their shirt with a sweatshirt or coat and asking them to prove that they do indeed have a shirt on.

    WHO CARES WHAT YOU WEAR! I would rather have a student section that cares about the game and cheers than a student section that all looks the same.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 17,628, Level: 40
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    626
    Points
    17,628
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Quote Originally Posted by cy4u44 View Post
    What are your opinions on what needs to be done to fix cyclone alley? What needs to be done to bring the "Magic" back to Hilton??
    Cyclone Alley shouldn't be an exclusive club. You shouldn't have to pay extra to sit in cyclone alley and receive a T-shirt. This cost should be tacked on to student ticket plans and basically putting ALL students in Cyclone Alley. This would be my FIRST fix. I would have to think about what else....



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 45,745, Level: 66
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,205
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,520
    Points
    45,745
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 8

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    The first Cyclone Alley season was good...I think they need to reduce the mandatory student section back to how it was the first season so that Cyclone Alley has some competition from other (supposedly) more vocal fans.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 11,285, Level: 32
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    461
    Points
    11,285
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Just make one lower side Cyclone Alley, as it was when it started. Winning games is the most important thing.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 209,631, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,584
    Points
    209,631
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 412
    Given: 289

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcyfan82 View Post
    Yea, our style of play is not one built for excitement...for us fans atleast.

    How long til the first post that says eliminate it?
    What was wrong with the thread that's been going all day on this already?



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 433,179, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,879
    Points
    433,179
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 24

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Allow any cardinal shirt. Make it clear in an e-mail that any cardinal shirt will work but any other color will have you sent to the upper deck.



  11. #11
    Pro LeSchmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,022
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrods79 View Post
    The first Cyclone Alley season was good...I think they need to reduce the mandatory student section back to how it was the first season so that Cyclone Alley has some competition from other (supposedly) more vocal fans.
    This is Cyclone Alley not the capitalist market system.


    @LeSchmick

    XBox Live: Le Schmick

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 42,849, Level: 63
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    clones26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,553
    Points
    42,849
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 18

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Quote Originally Posted by LAMD View Post
    It is pathetic to see that a TRUE Cyclone fan is told that they must leave their second row seat just because they didn't pay $30 for a shirt. There are people that come with their fraternities or sororities just to be seen in the front three rows when they spend more time on their phone's texting about recent gossip in their house than watching the game. I think it is sad that people (Cyclone Alley Central) walk up and down the rows picking out people who are covering their shirt with a sweatshirt or coat and asking them to prove that they do indeed have a shirt on.

    WHO CARES WHAT YOU WEAR! I would rather have a student section that cares about the game and cheers than a student section that all looks the same.
    RRIIIGGHHT...sounds like someone didnt get an offer to join a house. I was in and out of Cyclone Alley as a college student and the only difference was I got a better seat gaurantee in CA, nothing else seemed different to me.


    Last edited by clones26; 12-03-2009 at 02:32 PM.
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day".-Frank Sinatra


    @cyfert26 on Twitter

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 433,179, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,879
    Points
    433,179
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 24

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Quote Originally Posted by LAMD View Post
    It is pathetic to see that a TRUE Cyclone fan is told that they must leave their second row seat just because they didn't pay $30 for a shirt. There are people that come with their fraternities or sororities just to be seen in the front three rows when they spend more time on their phone's texting about recent gossip in their house than watching the game. I think it is sad that people (Cyclone Alley Central) walk up and down the rows picking out people who are covering their shirt with a sweatshirt or coat and asking them to prove that they do indeed have a shirt on.

    WHO CARES WHAT YOU WEAR! I would rather have a student section that cares about the game and cheers than a student section that all looks the same.
    The "true" Cyclone fans are parts of Cyclone Alley and are the same people are generally in the first few rows (I know a good majority of them from waiting for the doors to open) because we show up before everyone else does.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 273,143, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,684
    Points
    273,143
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 858
    Given: 174

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??


  15. #15
    Pro LeSchmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,022
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    The "true" Cyclone fans are parts of Cyclone Alley and are the same people are generally in the first few rows (I know a good majority of them from waiting for the doors to open) because we show up before everyone else does.
    Being in the front row doesn't make you a "true" cyclone fan. I saw plenty of crossed arms and socializing going on whenever you guys were on the jumbotron last night.


    @LeSchmick

    XBox Live: Le Schmick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM