Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Even my wife noticed

we were terrible tonight! She's not a huge sports fan, but she tries. We were sitting together at the game and she kept asking me why we couldn't do anything right. "Why does it look like the other team is playing a lot harder?"- Because they are! "Why are we standing around"- I don't know! "Are we trying to score"- I don't know that either! "How many times did they just get the ball back there?" (The 3 or 4 offensive rebounds UNI got in one possession)- Obviously need help with boxing out!

I don't think I have ever been this disappointed with our basketball team. I think I shook my head the way home. I can live with a loss, but when we play like we did tonight, it really hard to swallow and forget. There is NO EXCUSE for giving up a 7-9 point lead in second half, two games in a row! There is also no excuse for standing around and allowing FIFTEEN offensive rebounds! I am ecstatic that Brackins came back, but my gosh, he got flat-out outplayed by Eglseder AND Koch! If he doesn't pick it up he won't even be a first rounder! And our best shooter, Lucca, had ZERO personal fouls, yet he only plays 29 of 40 minutes. He was on the bench quite a bit during the last five minutes.

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating when we get so blatantly outplayed!

Last edited by ISUcy08; 12-03-2009 at 12:42 AM.
    2009 Insight Bowl Champions!

Pro
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,230
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

Re: Even my wife noticed

yep....on all counts.

--Luck of the Cyrish--

All-Star
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 33

Re: Even my wife noticed

Quote Originally Posted by ISUcy08 View Post
    we were terrible tonight! She's not a huge sports fan, but she tries. We were sitting together at the game and she kept asking me why we couldn't do anything right. "Why does it look like the other team is playing a lot harder?"- Because they are! "Why are we standing around"- I don't know! "Are we trying to score"- I don't know that either! "How times did they just get the ball back there?" (The 3 or 4 offensive rebounds UNI got in one possession)- Obviously need help with boxing out!

I don't think I have ever been this disappointed with our basketball team. I think I shook my head the way home. I can live with a loss, but when we play like we did tonight, it really hard to swallow and forget. There is NO EXCUSE for giving up a 7-9 point lead in second half, two games in a row! There is also no excuse for standing around and allowing FIFTEEN offensive rebounds! I am ecstatic that Brackins came back, but my gosh, he got flat-out outplayed by Eglseder AND Koch! If he doesn't pick it up he won't even be a first rounder! And our best shooter, Lucca, had ZERO personal fouls, yet he only plays 29 of 40 minutes. He was on the bench quite a bit during the last five minutes.

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating when we get so blatantly outplayed!
    I think the effort level was a reflection of how the head coach feels about playing UNI. That isn't going to get better with Doug there either, but maybe Greg can see himself as an assistant in Cedar Falls again?