Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 87,140, Level: 91
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,132
    Points
    87,140
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 61

    Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    Haley Eckerman will be playing for Texas. Does anybody know if we recruited her? She must be 6' 3" or 6' 4" and is rated one of the better players in the country. They interviewed her last night and she mentioned UNI, Nebraska as other teams she looked at.

    It was a little funny in her interview. She had played at an international tourney last summer with other top players and she said 4 other players on the same team had committed to Texas as well. Sounded so sorority to me, but you are dealing with a 17 year old.


    Last edited by Bobber; 12-01-2009 at 09:08 AM.

  2. #2
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    From what I gathered, she dismissed ISU pretty fast. "Not big enough" was the phrase I heard.

    You're last remark .... not unusual IMO.

    Good luck to her. With that coach, she'll need it.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 211,501, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,682
    Points
    211,501
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 1,092

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    I hope she enjoys staying on one side of tape thats put down in the locker room and before they go out onto the court.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 118,721, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,916
    Points
    118,721
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 161

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    Haley Eckerman will be playing for Texas. Does anybody know if we recruited her? She must be 6' 3" or 6' 4" and is rated one of the better players in the country. They interviewed her last night and she mentioned UNI, Nebraska as other teams she looked at.

    It was a little funny in her interview. She had played at an international tourney last summer with other top players and she said 4 other players on the same team had committed to Texas as well. Sounded so sorority to me, but you are dealing with a 17 year old.
    If it's a "sorority," then CJL would love to have that house. Texas is signing an unbelievable class. Nebraska thought they had Eckerman.
    I hope this is the last national-level player from Iowa to get away from ISU.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 211,501, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,682
    Points
    211,501
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 1,092

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    If it's a "sorority," then CJL would love to have that house. Texas is signing an unbelievable class. Nebraska thought they had Eckerman.
    I hope this is the last national-level player from Iowa to get away from ISU.
    If the player isnt interested then you can't really do much.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 87,140, Level: 91
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,132
    Points
    87,140
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 61

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    If it's a "sorority," then CJL would love to have that house. Texas is signing an unbelievable class. Nebraska thought they had Eckerman.
    I hope this is the last national-level player from Iowa to get away from ISU.
    Well I think that's good for ISU in a round about way.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 41,177, Level: 62
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tec71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,205
    Points
    41,177
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 7

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    She dismissed ISU quickly. She kept UNI in the hunt ala what Harrison Barnes did for ISU.


    "95% of all quotes posted on Facebook are either made up or mistakenly attributed to someone famous." - Albert Einstien


  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 146,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,187
    Points
    146,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    From what I gathered, she dismissed ISU pretty fast. "Not big enough" was the phrase I heard.

    You're last remark .... not unusual IMO.

    Good luck to her. With that coach, she'll need it.
    Well if ISU is "not big enough" she truly must've been stringing UNI along, as someone else mentioned...



  9. #9
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    I think that quote came from her mom. Was either mentioned here or volleytalk.com. Not sure.

    But UNI is hometown, that needs to be remembered.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 87,140, Level: 91
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,132
    Points
    87,140
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 61

    Re: Waterloo Volleyball Play to Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    I think that quote came from her mom. Was either mentioned here or volleytalk.com. Not sure.

    But UNI is hometown, that needs to be remembered.
    Yeah you should give some respect to the home town team and UNI has a great program.

    ISU is an upstart right now.

    Looks like she went for established programs with $$$.

    I could almost here the recruiter last night when she said that Texas's success is sustainable...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM