Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 28,046, Level: 51
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    BigDISU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oskaloosa, Iowa
    Posts
    1,195
    Points
    28,046
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    30,113 Tickets sold for 2007 Cyclone football.

    Only 615 to break the record.

    When will the record fall? Late this week, sometime next week?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 42,721, Level: 63
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    TheHelgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,762
    Points
    42,721
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    my guess is sometime over next weekend.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,444, Level: 60
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    3,781
    Points
    38,444
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    my guess march 28th...no reason...just my guess



  4. #4
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 244,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,457
    Points
    244,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 830
    Given: 809

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    So as it stands there will be 30,100 + 800 more students + 4000 Iowa fans at the Iowa game thus far making 35000? I'm assuming the season ticket total includes hawk fans that bought some.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 23,234, Level: 46
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cowboycurtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    909
    Points
    23,234
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 6

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    So as it stands there will be 30,100 + 800 more students + 4000 Iowa fans at the Iowa game thus far making 35000? I'm assuming the season ticket total includes hawk fans that bought some.
    I thought the 4000 for iowa fans were how many single game tickets they get for their season ticket holders therefore not counting towards our total. Even though jamie said no single game tickets i think we have to allow them so many. Those are the $90 tickets hawks are complaining about.

    I do think that those 4000 sold out quickly so it forced some hawk fans to purchase season tickets, adding to our totals that way. I think our total does not include the 800 so add 800 to whatever the thermometer says on cyclones.com. Some one correct me if I am wrong.


    Last edited by cowboycurtis; 03-13-2007 at 10:41 AM.

  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 10,049, Level: 30
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    throwittoblythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    687
    Points
    10,049
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Does anyone know if there is a max on student season tickets? I haven't gotten mine yet, but I absolutely plan to. I didn't know if they will actually sell out the student section or just keep packin' em in? Any info is appreciated


    TRUE & VALIANT

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 42,721, Level: 63
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    TheHelgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,762
    Points
    42,721
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycurtis View Post
    I thought the 4000 for iowa fans were how many single game tickets they get for their season ticket holders therefore not counting towards our total. Even though jamie said no single game tickets i think we have to allow them so many. Those are the $90 tickets hawks are complaining about.

    I do think that those 4000 sold out quickly so it forced some hawk fans to purchase season tickets, adding to our totals that way. I think our total does not include the 800 so add 800 to whatever the thermometer says on cyclones.com. Some one correct me if I am wrong.
    he was talking about Iowa game attendance, not season tickets.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 51,125, Level: 69
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,737
    Points
    51,125
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by throwittoblythe View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a max on student season tickets? I haven't gotten mine yet, but I absolutely plan to. I didn't know if they will actually sell out the student section or just keep packin' em in? Any info is appreciated
    Yeah, we're capped at 7,800, I think? Even so the 30,000 figure includes the assumption that the student section is sold out for next year, so I'm sure there are still plenty of season tickets to go around for us.


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 10,901, Level: 31
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    613
    Points
    10,901
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    Yeah, we're capped at 7,800, I think? Even so the 30,000 figure includes the assumption that the student section is sold out for next year, so I'm sure there are still plenty of season tickets to go around for us.
    Actually, the figure only includes 7,000 students tickets like last season and not the 800 additional student tickets that were allocated this year.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 23,234, Level: 46
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cowboycurtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    909
    Points
    23,234
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 6

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    he was talking about Iowa game attendance, not season tickets.
    read right through that part. my bad.

    just in case any body wants to know about season ticket sales, see my post above.



  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 8,313, Level: 27
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    jparker22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    481
    Points
    8,313
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycurtis View Post
    I think our total does not include the 800 so add 800 to whatever the thermometer says on cyclones.com. Some one correct me if I am wrong.
    Correct!!!


    Cy Created by MC Doder

  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 9,976, Level: 30
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Cyfan322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    609
    Points
    9,976
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by throwittoblythe View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a max on student season tickets? I haven't gotten mine yet, but I absolutely plan to. I didn't know if they will actually sell out the student section or just keep packin' em in? Any info is appreciated
    As far as I know, we are not even allowed to renew and/or buy our tickets yet. I have tried on a few occasions and it would not allow me to. I have no idea when they will start selling the student tickets.



  13. #13
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    I don't understand how everyone is already adding the 800 student tickets. Last year the students had 7700 tickets available and only sold 6800. Where are we going to find the extra 1000 bodies? I hope I am wrong just not adding them into the equation yet.



  14. #14
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyfan322 View Post
    As far as I know, we are not even allowed to renew and/or buy our tickets yet. I have tried on a few occasions and it would not allow me to. I have no idea when they will start selling the student tickets.
    No, we aren't allowed to get our tickets yet. In the years past, they've sent out an email via WEBmail, sometime in mid-April letting us know that we could buy our tickets. I usually don't even buy mine until July/August anyway, so waiting isn't detrimental for Football. The sooner you get your MBB tickets, however, the lower number you get for the Iowa and Kansas games (for better seats). Once students can get our tickets, and if no one else has posted it already, I'll let you all know. I'm still assuming the Athletic Dept. will send out an email.

    Fatsow said:
    I don't understand how everyone is already adding the 800 student tickets. Last year the students had 7700 tickets available and only sold 6800. Where are we going to find the extra 1000 bodies? I hope I am wrong just not adding them into the equation yet.
    I think the students sold out last year, and that's why we're allocated an additional 800. If we didn't sell out, I'm not sure why they would have done that.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 84,883, Level: 90
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,164
    Points
    84,883
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

    Re: +30,000 Tickets Sold!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    I think the students sold out last year, and that's why we're allocated an additional 800. If we didn't sell out, I'm not sure why they would have done that.
    I agree, with what's happening with the student section in men's basketball (slight shrinking), I don't see why Jamie Pollard would want to increase the student section's size for football if he didn't he could get them sold. If they didn't sell out of 7,000 student tickets last year, there's not way they'll get 7,800 this year. But, I'm pretty sure they did sell out, and with the hype surrounding Gene Chizik, I'm sure we'll find another 800 students somewhere.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM