Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,981, Level: 30
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    im4iast8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    299
    Points
    9,981
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Tv for this weekend at all??

    Is there any tv this weekend for the games??



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 20,557, Level: 43
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    950
    Points
    20,557
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    I believe that's a no, unless some network would pick up an isu, notre dame matchup last minute



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,981, Level: 30
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    im4iast8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    299
    Points
    9,981
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    how is there no midwest network picking this up?? there are 3 big conference teams in the tourny, including a ranked team, and an an all american... how is there no tv?!?



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,625, Level: 62
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,025
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,295
    Points
    40,625
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 54

  5. #5
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Solid question.

    I'm wondering how these tourneys make money if they aren't on the tube and the corresponding sponsorships...



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 912,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,019
    Points
    912,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,572
    Given: 4,630

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Solid question.

    I'm wondering how these tourneys make money if they aren't on the tube and the corresponding sponsorships...
    No kidding. What kind of promoter isn't trying to make money off of this deal?


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 147,160, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,440
    Points
    147,160
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 1

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    We could be on tomorrow if we play Northwestern.

    And getting these games televised isn't as easy as many of you think it is. Not a lot of people outside of Iowa and NE Illinois/NW Indiana give two ***** about any of the teams involved. And CTN can't justify spending the money to go to Chicago.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 69,722, Level: 81
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,297
    Points
    69,722
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 137

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    We could be on tomorrow if we play Northwestern.

    And getting these games televised isn't as easy as many of you think it is. Not a lot of people outside of Iowa and NE Illinois/NW Indiana give two ***** about any of the teams involved. And CTN can't justify spending the money to go to Chicago.
    I think if CTN can afford to go to Waco they can afford Chicago. I'd bet a chunk of change CTN was denied rights to the game.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 147,160, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,440
    Points
    147,160
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 1

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    I think if CTN can afford to go to Waco they can afford Chicago. I'd bet a chunk of change CTN was denied rights to the game.
    That could be as well. But you rarely ever seen CTN televise out of state non conference games.



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 17,239, Level: 39
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Stuart, IA
    Posts
    403
    Points
    17,239
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Why does this website even have a "search" button?



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 23,145, Level: 46
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,458
    Points
    23,145
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    No kidding. What kind of promoter isn't trying to make money off of this deal?
    What kind of person thinks a promoter isn't trying?

    I can't believe how many of these threads continue to pop up. Why would ESPN invest in this tourney?

    -They are televising the NIT Tip off which includes 16 teams including Duke and UConn.

    -They are televising the 76 Classic which includes WVU, Minn, Butler, UCLA, and Clemson. Most of which are top 25. Oh and by the way, ESPN owns this tournament and is playing it in an ESPN owned arena.

    -They are televising the Old Spice Classic. Oh, another ESPN owned tournament. Marquette, Michigan, and Creighton in the field. Oh, and it's being played in another ESPN owned arena.



    Man, Iowa State (picked 9th in the Big XII) against St. Louis, and ND vs. Northwestern would draw huge TV revenues. The weekend part of this tourney has 4 teams. FOUR. Refer to the tourneys above and tell me how many teams are in the field.

    Don't mean to pick on you Erik, but this whole ISU and TV coverage was old last year. Winning will fix all of this, but I cannot believe how many State fans continue to ***** about coverage with the recent success, lack thereof, of our programs.


    Last edited by jtd9046; 11-27-2009 at 01:46 PM.

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 912,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,019
    Points
    912,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,572
    Given: 4,630

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by jtd9046 View Post
    What kind of person thinks a promoter isn't trying?

    I can't believe how many of these threads continue to pop up. Why would ESPN invest in this tourney?

    -They are televising the NIT Tip off which includes 16 teams including Duke and UConn.

    -They are televising the 76 Classic which includes WVU, Minn, Butler, UCLA, and Clemson. Most of which are top 25. Oh and by the way, ESPN owns this tournament and is playing it in an ESPN owned arena.

    -They are televising the Old Spice Classic. Oh, another ESPN owned tournament. Marquette, Michigan, and Creighton in the field. Oh, and it's being played in another ESPN owned arena.



    Man, Iowa State (picked 9th in the Big XII) against St. Louis, and ND vs. Northwestern would draw huge TV revenues. The weekend part of this tourney has 4 teams. FOUR. Refer to the tourneys above and tell me how many teams are in the field.

    Don't mean to pick on you Erik, but this whole ISU and TV coverage was old last year. Winning will fix all of this, but I cannot believe how many State fans continue to ***** about coverage with the recent success, lack thereof, of our programs.
    Most of us aren't arguing that ESPN should've picked this up in place of their own tournaments. That's not gonna happen. But surely Comcast Chicago could've had this, or any of the channels in the Sports Pack on DTV. Or CloneZone.

    No one should be seriously arguing for major TV coverage, but some sort of TV wouldn't have been out of line for this game.

    I still think that someone could draw some decent ratings for a Craig Brackins/Luke Harangody matchup, or at least the potential of it.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 23,145, Level: 46
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,458
    Points
    23,145
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Most of us aren't arguing that ESPN should've picked this up in place of their own tournaments. That's not gonna happen. But surely Comcast Chicago could've had this, or any of the channels in the Sports Pack on DTV. Or CloneZone.

    No one should be seriously arguing for major TV coverage, but some sort of TV wouldn't have been out of line for this game.

    I still think that someone could draw some decent ratings for a Craig Brackins/Luke Harangody matchup, or at least the potential of it.
    I understand your point. Comcast Chicago has 3 college football games tomorrow, and a Blackhawks game tonight I believe. At this point of the year I'm sure it came down to a trade-off of what would bring in more money for these types of networks. Picking up feeds of final college football games, or investing in sending equipment to a Chicago basketball tourney that involves only 1 top 25 team, playing at UIC Pavillion. (Thanks for the catch) I'm guessing it was an easy decision.


    Last edited by jtd9046; 11-27-2009 at 02:01 PM.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 912,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,019
    Points
    912,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,572
    Given: 4,630

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    Quote Originally Posted by jtd9046 View Post
    I understand your point. Comcast Chicago has 3 college football games tomorrow, and a Blackhawks game tonight I believe. At this point of the year I'm sure it came down to a trade-off of what would bring in more money for these types of networks. Picking up feeds of final college football games, or investing in sending equipment to a Chicago basketball tourney that involves only 1 top 25 team, playing in an arena in Hoffman Estates. I'm guessing it was an easy decision.
    I wish it was still that arena in Hoffman Estates. That place looked nice, and was looking like a good excuse to visit some family a few minutes away.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 78,141, Level: 86
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    demoncore1031's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque,NM
    Posts
    6,359
    Points
    78,141
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 372
    Given: 313

    Re: Tv for this weekend at all??

    northwestern vs the winner of isu/st. louis will be on big ten network tomorrow


    This is Ophion speaking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM