NFL: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 177,668, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,140
    Points
    177,668
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

    Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    Chicago Sun-Times - A source close to Mike Martz says that he could be the next offensive coordinator of the Bears.

    Martz, who was most recently the offensive coordinator of the 49ers in 2008, was the architect of The Greatest Show on Turf in St. Louis.

    "Martz would love to work with Jay Cutler," said the source.

    Chicago is struggling, but coach Lovie Smith is expected to stay. However, Turner could be on his way out

    If Lovie can't get Turner to run the ball how will he get Martz?



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 105,825, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,581
    Points
    105,825
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?


  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 45,180, Level: 65
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Points
    45,180
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 73

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    Chicago Sun-Times - A source close to Mike Martz says that he could be the next offensive coordinator of the Bears.

    Martz, who was most recently the offensive coordinator of the 49ers in 2008, was the architect of The Greatest Show on Turf in St. Louis.

    "Martz would love to work with Jay Cutler," said the source.

    Chicago is struggling, but coach Lovie Smith is expected to stay. However, Turner could be on his way out

    If Lovie can't get Turner to run the ball how will he get Martz?
    This would be a great hire, I think. The Bears have had to most vanilla offensive coordinators for as long as I can remember.


    I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,201, Level: 61
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,149
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,065
    Points
    39,201
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 30

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    If the bears were smart they would pay the guy as much as they can because I think I am more qualified to run an offense then turner


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  5. #5
    Walk On
    Points: 7,669, Level: 26
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    174
    Points
    7,669
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    Anyone but Ron Turner, or Shoop. Turner has to get fired this year. The Bears go through all the trouble to get Cutler and the offense is worse than last year. Turner, and probably another assistant are getting fired.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 16,506, Level: 39
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 744
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cdekovic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,027
    Points
    16,506
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 1

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    Turner is a recycled OC that needs to find another way to spend Sunday. He is average at best and would be better served as a college O-line coach. He couldn't do anything at Illinois either.


    Hit it hard, every yard

  7. #7
    Chile Mac is on vacation.
    Points: 314,644, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,151
    Points
    314,644
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 838
    Given: 2,117

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdekovic View Post
    Turner is a recycled OC that needs to find another way to spend Sunday. He is average at best and would be better served as a college O-line coach. He couldn't do anything at Illinois either.
    To be fair, he did take them to the Sugar Bowl.



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 15,938, Level: 38
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyBelieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    542
    Points
    15,938
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 146

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    To be fair, he did take them to the Sugar Bowl.
    As I recall the D to them to the Super Bowl and the O was invited along. That offence was bad - with the exception of Thomas Jones. I can't think of too many games the O won for them. They simple made sure they didn't lose the game.

    My problem with Turner is there is no orginality - He plays old school straight up football. When you have a great line and a great back it might work. There is just too much speed in the NFL now not to have more creativity.

    Turner needs to go!



  9. #9
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    CapnMorgan18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames, Cyclone State, USA
    Posts
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBelieve View Post
    As I recall the D to them to the Super Bowl and the O was invited along. That offence was bad - with the exception of Thomas Jones. I can't think of too many games the O won for them. They simple made sure they didn't lose the game.

    My problem with Turner is there is no orginality - He plays old school straight up football. When you have a great line and a great back it might work. There is just too much speed in the NFL now not to have more creativity.

    Turner needs to go!
    sugar=/=super

    close in spelling tho, so i dont blame u



  10. #10
    Chile Mac is on vacation.
    Points: 314,644, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    24,151
    Points
    314,644
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 838
    Given: 2,117

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    I'm not saying they should keep him, just that they had at least one good year...of course Zook could say he took them to the Rose, but the rest has been bad (although they really didn't deserve to go that year). I think Lovie could even be out after this year depending on how they finish.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 177,668, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,140
    Points
    177,668
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

    Re: Mike Martz may be new OC in Chicago?

    ESPN - Mike Martz wants to be the next coach of the Bills, according to a league source.

    Buffalo hasn't reached out to Martz yet, but another source added that they are expected to expand their coaching search next week.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM