Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

Road game Fan experiences

Just got home from Columbia...just wanted to comment on the GREAT Cyclone fan showing there today...When we took the 17-10 lead our fans were very loud, and overall it was a decent experience, even if security took our horn away in the 2nd quarter. (everyone seated in sections 1,2, A and B know what I'm talking about). I've been to several road games now, and I'd rank my experience as far as how I was treated and the overall atmosphere below:

1. Oklahoma State - Nicest fans I've ever met, Boone Pickens Stadium is awesome.
    2. Nebraska - Suprisingly classy and friendly fans, Memorial Stadium atomosphere can't be beat.
    3. Texas- Friendly fans, great football atmosphere.
    4. Colorado - Fans are ok, not overly friendly, but not nasty either. Stadium is set in a beautiful location, but in-game atmosphere is average.
    5. Mizzou - Fans very similar to Colorado, not overly friendly, but not unpleasant either, stadium is old, but a decent atmosphere.
    6. Kansas - Fans are indifferent, stadium sucks.
    7. Iowa - Only place I've actually been treated badly, stadium and atmosphere are good, but its not a Cyclone friendly environment....not that I would expect it to be either.

I'd like to hear other people's road game experiences as well...again, it was a great cyclone showing today from the fans.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 55

Re: Road game Fan experiences

Missouri hates fun. Give the horn back!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 397
    Given: 190

A&M fans are very nice. The stadium is very big and loud. Their gameday stuff is a little cultish (all about University of Texas) in my opinion but whatever jerks their gerkin. Male only cheerleaders (sorry..."Yell leaders").

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 0

A and M fans are the friendliest that I saw this year, but visitors seating sucks. Neb is fun, Mizzou average to below.

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_200m View Post
    Just got home from Columbia...just wanted to comment on the GREAT Cyclone fan showing there today...When we took the 17-10 lead our fans were very loud, and overall it was a decent experience, even if security took our horn away in the 2nd quarter. (everyone seated in sections 1,2, A and B know what I'm talking about). I've been to several road games now, and I'd rank my experience as far as how I was treated and the overall atmosphere below:

1. Oklahoma State - Nicest fans I've ever met, Boone Pickens Stadium is awesome.
    2. Nebraska - Suprisingly classy and friendly fans, Memorial Stadium atomosphere can't be beat.
    3. Texas- Friendly fans, great football atmosphere.
    4. Colorado - Fans are ok, not overly friendly, but not nasty either. Stadium is set in a beautiful location, but in-game atmosphere is average.
    5. Mizzou - Fans very similar to Colorado, not overly friendly, but not unpleasant either, stadium is old, but a decent atmosphere.
    6. Kansas - Fans are indifferent, stadium sucks.
    7. Iowa - Only place I've actually been treated badly, stadium and atmosphere are good, but its not a Cyclone friendly environment....not that I would expect it to be either.

I'd like to hear other people's road game experiences as well...again, it was a great cyclone showing today from the fans.
    1.) Texas A&M - They absolutely BLEW ME AWAY with their hospitality. They treated us the way I like to think we treat our visitors. Tradition was awesome.
    2.) Texas - Great atmosphere. Didn't hear a negative comment all day.
    3.) Nebraska - Expected poor treatment, was treated extremely well. Made a lot of friends when I mocked the Westboro Baptists on the way to the stadium. Cool tradition.
    4.) Mizzou - They know how to tailgate, I'll say that, almost as well as we do. Almost. Got some friendly ribbing.
    5.) Kansas State - they put some crap on my car during the game (like hot dog buns - nothing damaging), were generally very welcoming.
    6.) Oklahoma - Most of the people were really nice. Norman is a unique place, great atmosphere. Nightmare to get out of. Did have a drunk college student try to pick a fight with us.
    7.) Kansas - They didn't really say anything. Surprised by the apathy. Hard to grade.
    8.) Baylor - WOW. It's like they just don't care.
    9.) Kent State - Same kind of apathy, they're mostly Ohio State fans. Made for some interesting trash talk afterwards. Like seeing a game in a high school stadium.
    "You guys would get clobbered by Ohio State."
    "Probably. Too bad you couldn't get in to Ohio State."
    10.) Toledo. Wasn't in town 5 minutes before someone threatened to key my car. Had a guy in front of me talk trash through the first half, got quiet when looked like we were going to pull it off, started talking again when they won. Again, high school stadium.
    "You wouldn't win a game in the MAC." Yeah, sure.
    11.) Texas Tech - where to begin? It's in the middle of ******* nowhere. The fans are all ********, felt like I needed a gun to get out alive. Found out later that Tceh fans are notoriously bad. Made perfect sense.

Addict
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,323
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 43

I echo the comments about A&M fans. I've only been there twice for games but was treated beyond nice both times. Like surprisingly nice.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 864
    Given: 414

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    11.) Texas Tech - where to begin? It's in the middle of ******* nowhere. The fans are all ********, felt like I needed a gun to get out alive. Found out later that Tceh fans are notoriously bad. Made perfect sense.
    This is all i seem to ever hear about games there, from multiple fanbases. I'm trying to knock the going to games at all stadiums of the big 12 off the list eventually (been to ISU of course, KU, UT, A&M, and today was my first time at Faurot that i went there for a game), but im tempted to just call the fact that ive been to Texas Tech's stadium for another event during the summer good enough just based on what ive heard.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 864
    Given: 414

Quote Originally Posted by Drive4cy View Post
    I echo the comments about A&M fans. I've only been there twice for games but was treated beyond nice both times. Like surprisingly nice.
    Also will agree. Inside- cultish obsession with UT (or TU as they call it). Outside- might be the nicest fans you will ever meet.

Legend
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 796

I went to A&M for the first time this year. From the moment we got out of the car through the entire game the fans were great to us. We had a blast. Even through the night at the bars the fans were still great. No one rubbed the A&M win in our face, even though many loved to talk about the game with us.

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alarson83 View Post
    This is all i seem to ever hear about games there, from multiple fanbases. I'm trying to knock the going to games at all stadiums of the big 12 off the list eventually (been to ISU of course, KU, UT, A&M, and today was my first time at Faurot that i went there for a game), but im tempted to just call the fact that ive been to Texas Tech's stadium for another event during the summer good enough just based on what ive heard.
    I'd go back to anywhere I've been willingly, except for Texas Tech. The only way I'm going back is if someone drugs me or if I'm SURE we're going to win.

Starter
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 31

I saw the horn go bye bye, but what gives why did they take it?

Addict
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,322
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 444

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_200m View Post
    Never been to Nebraska, but when they came here a few years ago, they were mouthy, picking fights, and being just plain pieces of ****.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

I echo the sentiments about Aggie fans. Awesome and accommodating.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 362
    Given: 1,305

Quote Originally Posted by xboxfever View Post
    Never been to Nebraska, but when they came here a few years ago, they were mouthy, picking fights, and being just plain pieces of ****.
    Cause those are the ones that arent good enough to be able to attend the games at memorial stadium.

Thumbs Up

I was in Columbia yesterday and I have to say that I had one of the most embarrasing and classless Cyclone fans sitting right behind me...It almost ruined my trip but I would not let a guy like that get to me..For example: When MU's cheerleaders were performing he mentioned; "look at the token black girl on their dance team!,,,I thought this was an all white school"....This guy wasnt even drunk...The guy that came with us is a Mizzou fan and he was going to drop him but we had to talk him out of it....We about moved because we didnt even want to be thought of being associated with this D bag....BTW very dissapointed with their gameday atmoshphere. I cant believe people dog on our atmoshphere and stadium like they do after being in Faurot...