Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,743, Level: 32
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    skibumspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    261
    Points
    11,743
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 30

    Adrian Golden Update

    Brief write-up on where Adrian Golden is in the recruiting process. Looks more & more like he'll wind up at a JuCo due to grades:

    Adrian Golden gets first firm offer | Home Team | Tampabay.com



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 28,432, Level: 51
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    mizouse87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,741
    Points
    28,432
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Well it's unfortunate if he has to go the juco route but it's also good to see that we're the lone D1 school listed. I'd love to get this kid so hopefully if he does go juco and blows up our coaches maintain their contact with him and he still gives us a shot.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 65,811, Level: 79
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 639
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,117
    Points
    65,811
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 37

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    its High School, get your **** together and get some passing grades. its not that hard.



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,743, Level: 32
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    skibumspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    261
    Points
    11,743
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 30

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    I noticed at the bottom of the article it lists the schools of interest as FAMU, Bama, & UF but not ISU anywhere besides in the article itself.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 28,432, Level: 51
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    mizouse87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,741
    Points
    28,432
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Quote Originally Posted by skibumspe View Post
    I noticed at the bottom of the article it lists the schools of interest as FAMU, Bama, & UF but not ISU anywhere besides in the article itself.
    I'm guessing they just haven't updated that. I know in reading those pieces a month ago it was Golden himself claiming attention from the likes of bama and florida. Who knows if he's still garnering all that attention from them or if they've moved on. I do know, though, that one Mr. McCarney (some coach for Florida) has been recruiting Golden for a little while now.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,743, Level: 32
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    skibumspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    261
    Points
    11,743
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 30

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Quote Originally Posted by mizouse87 View Post
    I'm guessing they just haven't updated that. I know in reading those pieces a month ago it was Golden himself claiming attention from the likes of bama and florida. Who knows if he's still garnering all that attention from them or if they've moved on. I do know, though, that one Mr. McCarney (some coach for Florida) has been recruiting Golden for a little while now.
    Yeah, we all know Florida really could use more speed! It is nice seeing Coach Mac doing well down here....just like to see us win the recruiting battles w/him.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 185,193, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,311
    Points
    185,193
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 246

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Has he commited to us yet or why are we caring? I feel like Im missing something.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 28,432, Level: 51
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    mizouse87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,741
    Points
    28,432
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Has he commited to us yet or why are we caring? I feel like Im missing something.
    No commitment from him to anyone at the moment. We are just heavily recruiting him and the kid looks like a big stud judging by his highlight video.



  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,743, Level: 32
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    skibumspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    261
    Points
    11,743
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 30

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Has he commited to us yet or why are we caring? I feel like Im missing something.
    No, he hasn't committed to anyone yet but as mizouse pointed out, yes he's a STUD & he is considering us.

    I feel obligated, as an ISU Alum & resident of a recruiting hotbed like Tampa, to keep a passionate & well informed fanbase 'in the loop' on kids I see playing regularly as well as read about locally....I'm also a high school teacher & former coach, so I feel somewhat connected into the Tampa Bay area prep sports scene.

    If you'd like me to cease in posting on current recruits, cool, more than happy too. Not sure if that was your tone or not.


    Last edited by skibumspe; 11-20-2009 at 02:51 PM.

  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 9,546, Level: 29
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Cyfan322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    609
    Points
    9,546
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Quote Originally Posted by skibumspe View Post
    No, he hasn't committed to anyone yet but as mizouse pointed out, yes he's a STUD & he is considering us.

    I feel obligated, as an ISU Alum & resident of a recruiting hotbed like Tampa, to keep a passionate & well informed fanbase 'in the loop' on kids I see playing regularly as well as read about locally....I'm also a high school teacher & former coach, so I feel somewhat connected into the Tampa Bay area prep sports scene.

    If you'd like me to cease in posting on current recruits, cool, more than happy too. Not sure if that was your tone or not.
    I like the info. Keep us informed.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 19,849, Level: 42
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    723
    Points
    19,849
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    I enjoy you're reports also. Please keep it up !



  12. #12
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,743, Level: 32
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    skibumspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    261
    Points
    11,743
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 30

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    I'll keep 'em rolling in, then....



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 5,751, Level: 22
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Cato2handjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    79
    Points
    5,751
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Thanks for information on a recruit, keep it coming. Tampa is sweet, greatest winter weather on the planet.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    360
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Adrian Golden Update

    Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    its High School, get your **** together and get some passing grades. its not that hard.

    Amen.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM