Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 12

Why we will beat Missouri

Some things are somewhat obvious. Such as how our team has grown and matured this season. The Okla. St. game, yes we lost, but I think we lacked a very important ingredient in that game that I also saw in the A&M game a week earlier. We seemed to lack belief. Belief that we "as a team" can win these games. Oh sure, we showed up... the effort was there. But to win games like those, there has to be a little bit more of something that can't be taught or explained. Not in the playbook, not from the sidelines, not from the stands, or even another player, or priest but more! More energy... More heart... Something in your back pocket that only you as an individual player know you posses. We needed to give it all we had, and I just don't think we did that. I don't believe we had the vision, the "clear" vision to win those games. Sure they were pretty good teams, but I really think we held something back in those games too. We may have gone through the motions, ran through the plays, ran the routes. Call it what
    you want, but I think fate & mishap on the field, and a lack of belief may have held us back from victory. If you think about it, even against Colorado we weren't all that sharp, and far from perfect. But "in our own minds" we were damned if we were going to lose that football game, because we all believed that we were better than them! I think that to be the success of alot of our opponents. All it takes is for one player to be satisfied with the way the game is going, just ONE PLAYER and it's over! Because as soon as you are satisfied as a player... we're finished as a football "team"... However, If we have the belief in ourselves and each other as a team... as a whole. We will succeed as one! And that my friend is why we will win at Missouri this Saturday. See it! Believe it! and Achieve it! #7 is well within our reach! GO CYCLONES!

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,291
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

Re: Why we will beat Missouri

/Searches for his magnifying glass.../

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    /Searches for his magnifying glass.../

I think we keep it snug against Missouri but lose. Any team that spreads us out isn't a friend of mine.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,062
    Given: 559

I really don't know what to think about Missouri. They're pretty much like anyone else in the North, and can beat the crap out of you, or lay an egg on any given day. One thing I do know for sure, this Cyclone football team is going in there to win.

Addict
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 927
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 13

Good stuff... and I bet the coaches have a good idea what will happen before the game even starts.

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    Some things are somewhat obvious. Such as how our team has grown and matured this season. The Okla. St. game, yes we lost, but I think we lacked a very important ingredient in that game that I also saw in the A&M game a week earlier. We seemed to lack belief. Belief that we "as a team" can win these games. Oh sure, we showed up... the effort was there. But to win games like those, there has to be a little bit more of something that can't be taught or explained. Not in the playbook, not from the sidelines, not from the stands, or even another player, or priest but more! More energy... More heart... Something in your back pocket that only you as an individual player know you posses. We needed to give it all we had, and I just don't think we did that. I don't believe we had the vision, the "clear" vision to win those games. Sure they were pretty good teams, but I really think we held something back in those games too. We may have gone through the motions, ran through the plays, ran the routes. Call it what
    you want, but I think fate & mishap on the field, and a lack of belief may have held us back from victory. If you think about it, even against Colorado we weren't all that sharp, and far from perfect. But "in our own minds" we were damned if we were going to lose that football game, because we all believed that we were better than them! I think that to be the success of alot of our opponents. All it takes is for one player to be satisfied with the way the game is going, just ONE PLAYER and it's over! Because as soon as you are satisfied as a player... we're finished as a football "team"... However, If we have the belief in ourselves and each other as a team... as a whole. We will succeed as one! And that my friend is why we will win at Missouri this Saturday. See it! Believe it! and Achieve it! #7 is well within our reach! GO CYCLONES!
    I like this post. Coach Rhoads always says you tend to echieve what to expect to achieve. So you gotta believe. This weekend, though; if someone does not believe they can get to the Mizzou QB - see it, believe it, achieve it - we're not going to get it done.

Early commit - fall 2024