Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,183
    Given: 109

Week 10 Thoughts

Just a few observations after watching 6 hours of football.

- Minnesota left a lot of points on the field today against inferior competition. The Vikings put up tons of yardage, but put the ball on the turf twice, and missed on a 4th and 1, to allow the Lions to hang around way too long. A win is a win, but they showed some rust after the bye week.

- New Orleans was in a similar boat, and the Rams took them to the final play of the game. Marc Bulger looked pretty decent for a change, and did my eyes deceive me or was Reggie Bush a difference maker in this game? That's not something you see every day.

- The Bengals are starting to show signs that they are a team that can go deep into the playoffs. With Cedric Benson on the sideline, Carson Palmer having an off night, and without scoring an offensive touchdown, they pulled out a victory in Heinz Field. Not an easy task for any team. Their defense is for real.

- Can we stop talking about how the NFC East is the toughest division in football? Dallas was absolutely manhandled by a Packers defense that has been fairly suspect, Philly is on a two game skid, and the Giants were lucky they didn't find a way to somehow lose a game on their bye week. Don't get me wrong, these teams are capable of playing some decent football, but they are far too inconsistent to strike fear into the hearts of the rest of the league.

-Speaking of skids, Denver's early season success is rapidly coming to a screeching halt. Giving up a game to the Redskins is nearly unforgivable. Suffice to say, next week's game at San Diego is absolutely huge.

- Don't look now, but the Jags are above .500. I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs, but they'll get a lot closer than the Jets will. That was great coaching strategy to have MJD kneel the ball at the one.

- The Titans are 3-0 since Vince Young took over, but it's hard to say that he deserves the credit. Chris Johnson gets that honor. If the Titans even approach .500 this year, he probably needs to get some consideration for MVP.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 890
    Given: 2,230

Re: Week 10 Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jdewaard View Post

-Speaking of skids, Denver's early season success is rapidly coming to a screeching halt. Giving up a game to the Redskins is nearly unforgivable. Suffice to say, next week's game at San Diego is absolutely huge.
    This loss was unforgivable. I'm hearing people say you can't blame Simms. Um yes I can because unlike college he is pulling a pay check to play football. Can Denver quit signing quarterbacks who had dads play the position. Just because their daddy's were all-pros doesn't mean they are. Most Denver fans will say we should be happy at 6-3. But when you open up 6-0 things change. The bye week came for Denver at the wrong time. Denver will end up being the .500 team people thought they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Walk On
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

WTF was Billicheck thinking going for 4th and 2 with a 6 point lead deep in their own territory? Not that I mind, I hate the Patsies.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 47

- Yeah the NFC East is certainly not great, considering the Chargers are currently leading the NFC East at 2-0.

- Chris Simms is horrible. Its been sickening for years to watch every announcer fall all over themselves about him just because they think his dad is a swell guy. Broncos fans need Orton's ankle back in the worst way. They got beat yesterday by the Redskins new quarterback... the punter.