Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 917,864, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,664
    Points
    917,864
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,504
    Given: 566

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 295,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,158
    Points
    295,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,309
    Given: 454

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    Best case scenario...ISU can land the Insight Bowl, and Iowa plays in the Fiesta Bowl. Would make for an awesome New Years in Phoenix for the state.



  3. #3
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    490
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post

    Is it possible that OSU gets a BCS bid, in which case everybody moves up a slot? Or is that scenario already factored into the various projections?



  4. #4
    Publisher
    Points: 917,864, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,664
    Points
    917,864
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,504
    Given: 566

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by jhill View Post
    Is it possible that OSU gets a BCS bid, in which case everybody moves up a slot? Or is that scenario already factored into the various projections?
    Yes it is possible but most see it as unlikely.



  5. #5
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 347,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    26,515
    Points
    347,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,126
    Given: 5,735

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    I don't know where we will go, and if I remember right, we were never really projected to the Insight in 2000 till we got the bid. Maybe we move up slightly if we win next week. I would love to hit the Sun Bowl. It will be interesting where we go, and unless someone has some insight from bowl reps, it will be a surprise I think.

    Of course after next week we should have a much more solid idea.



  6. #6
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    490
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Yes it is possible but most see it as unlikely.
    Because of fan base? They are currently 12th in the AP poll, so it seems their ranking is high enough. With a game left against OU, that would probably help them a little bit. Would the Fiesta take a lower rated Iowa team simply because of fans? So, a crappy Big 10+1 would get two teams again?



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 71,448, Level: 82
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,622
    Points
    71,448
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 64

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by jhill View Post
    Is it possible that OSU gets a BCS bid, in which case everybody moves up a slot? Or is that scenario already factored into the various projections?
    Yea, there is a still a ton of FB to be played and many outcomes are possible.
    Getting win #6 is simply huge and I think we are about 98%+ to get a bowl invite somewhere.

    But the Big 12 could still get two BCS invites if either (a) OSU wins out, (b) NU upsets UT in conference championship. OSU should be in the discussion with Iowa, Penn State, Boise, and another possible Pac10 team. If OSU makes it, ISU could still get the Insight even if we lose to MU.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 444,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,287
    Points
    444,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 95

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    As much as I hate to say it, we have to be big Nebraska fans. Nebraska beats KSU -> KSU not bowl eligible. Nebraska wins out and beats Texas in the Big 12 title game -> NU to the Fiesta Bowl, Texas hopefully gets an at large. We move up a spot.



  9. #9
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 347,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    26,515
    Points
    347,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,126
    Given: 5,735

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, we have to be big Nebraska fans. Nebraska beats KSU -> KSU not bowl eligible. Nebraska wins out and beats Texas in the Big 12 title game -> NU to the Fiesta Bowl, Texas hopefully gets an at large. We move up a spot.
    I definitely hope they beat KSU next week.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 71,448, Level: 82
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,622
    Points
    71,448
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 64

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by jhill View Post
    Because of fan base? They are currently 12th in the AP poll, so it seems their ranking is high enough. With a game left against OU, that would probably help them a little bit. Would the Fiesta take a lower rated Iowa team simply because of fans? So, a crappy Big 10+1 would get two teams again?
    And I am not even sure that OkState would not do a great job of travelling. I have always been impressed with their fanbase at the Big 12 MBB tournament. They played NU in Arrowhead a few years ago and I attended the game with some Husker family friends. OSU had a huge contingent. Fiesta is a traditional Big 12 bowl and not that far driving distance from OK. Add in a significantly better offense and TV sets in Texas, and I am not sure why Iowa fans think they have the inside track to the Fiesta. I think OSU is a real threat (if they win out).



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 178,545, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,142
    Points
    178,545
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 9

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    And I am not even sure that OkState would not do a great job of travelling. I have always been impressed with their fanbase at the Big 12 MBB tournament. They played NU in Arrowhead a few years ago and I attended the game with some Husker family friends. OSU had a huge contingent. Fiesta is a traditional Big 12 bowl and not that far driving distance from OK. Add in a significantly better offense and TV sets in Texas, and I am not sure why Iowa fans think they have the inside track to the Fiesta. I think OSU is a real threat (if they win out).

    I think that is the main reason why Iowa fans think they have a shot. Another team that could get thrown into this is Stanford?



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 432,932, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    22,905
    Points
    432,932
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,758
    Given: 1,044

    Re: Your Sunday Bowl Breakdown

    I think OSU should win out. Colorado should be no threat to them, and I think they are a much better team than OU right now. Then again, the results of a lot of games in the big 12 this year have been pretty wacky (TT pounding KSU who pounded TAMU who pounded TT)


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    If you guys come by Bondurant tonight, I'll **** all over every one of your dogs. I'm not the Mayor but I've been drinking a crap ton of water today and have plenty of water in the old radiator.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM