Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Brackins more Important than Barnes

Brackins staying for this season is much more important for long term success for Iowa State than landing Harrison Barnes. Certainly it would have been nice to get Barnes at ISU, how much of an impact would he have had.

Freshman generally don't have a great impact. Durant and Beasely were the best freshman to play in a while and neither of them made the Sweet Sixteen (maybe Durnat did I can't rmember). Carmelo won a title avg'ing about 19. I don't see Barnes dropping 30 a night or winning a title at ISU. And if he only stayed a year, how does that really help ISU winning consistently in the future? Maybe he would have stayed longer, but if he is the truth, he probably only had a year or two.

Brackins, on the other hand, is already a monster. He will drop 30 a night. McDermott and ISU need that first breakthrough season. If Brackins had gone, we just get more of the same, a 15 win year and McDermott is one season closer to getting fired. With Brackins, we have a pretty good team, probably a tournament team.

If I had to chose between Brackins for one year or Barnes for one year, I take Brackins hands down.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 49

Re: Brackins more Important than Barnes

I agree 100%. Plus, nobody at all would have blamed CB for going pro. I thought the draft was pretty thin as far as big guys went.

CB is a Cyclone and I am very proud of him.

"Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 510

Of all the guys that left, Craig had more legit reason than any of them. He literally left millions of dollars on the table and came back because he wanted to finish business as a Cyclone.
    I really feel that Mac has his kind of unselfish guys now, and they just happen to be athletic enough to compete with every team on the schedule.
    And they have a leader and example in Mr. Brackins.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

That is not what I'm talking about. Brackins' production as a junior and the team's success is going to be much better than Barnes' production as a freshman and that team's success. Thus is more beneficial for the long term health of the program to have Brackins this year and the success he will generate, than to have Barnes next season (and not have Brackins this year).