Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Pierre Pierce in the news again

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pb.../1091/SPORTS02

I have no sympathy for this 2-time loser. Tough luck, you should still be serving time in prison right now like any other average person that did the same thing you did would have to. I just don't get why this kid keeps thinking he should get another break just because he plays basketball. He got the biggest break anyone could ask for the 1st time around and he blew it.

I have a better idea, how about let this bum leave the state and never allow him back? I really don't see how he plans to make it to the NBA, he had enough holes in his game while in college that I can't see him doing anything more than playing overseas or in a minor league. And anymore some teams are trying to clean up their images and having a convicted sex offender doesn't help his cause either.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 10

Re: Pierre Pierce in the news again

Darnit, I never wanted to hear about him again. He really just needs to shut up and go away, they should let him out of the state.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

2 time loser? Being a Suckeye counts for 3 strikes all by itself!!!

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Wanna bet Miller ignores the Perps lates legal woes on his show? Good job in advance Jon.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

IF he is allowed to pursue a professional contract and IF he gets one, he should be required to give a % to his victims. If he's not willing to do that, he can serve out the rest of his probation.

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 956
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

There is a whole "spin" article on Iowa today in the rag too about how they are at a crossroads point with Alford and the program. Puts both the positive and negative spins but from reading it I think they were pretty generous with not laying on the negative spins too thick. They gave Alford credit for developing Horner, Brunner, and Haluska yet failed to mention some of his past disasters like Glen Worley for instance.

The funny thing is there were some comments online from both Hawk and Cyclone fans on the story and some of the Hawk fans were giving ISU crap. Funny thing is ISU has had more success than Iowa during the Alford era with now is our 3rd coach than Iowa has since Alford took over a program that Tom Davis took to the Sweet 16. Alford has 1 NCAA win in 8 years. ISU has had 2 number 2 seeds and I think 4 wins in the tournament including an Elite 8 team in that same time span right? Heck even Wayne Morgan did more in 3 seasons (1 NCAA win and a NIT final 4) than Alford has done in 8 and most here would agree Wayne Morgan is not a great coach. Just tells you how we hold our basketball program to higher standards and don't get caught up in the "big name" coaching crap. If we were worried about not having a big name coach Larry would never had got fired considering he won national coach of the year (another thing Alford has not done) and coached maybe the best team ISU ever had.

Don't get me wrong though. I hope they keep Alford for a long time so they can continue to accept the mediocrity he has brought them. :)

POOTMFS
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,799
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Dumb hawk fans, don't they know they'll never get anyone better than Stevie?

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by joepublic View Post
    Wanna bet Miller ignores the Perps lates legal woes on his show? Good job in advance Jon.
    Probably won't, just like I am not going to bring up the calendar year Jamal Tinsley is having.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post
    Probably won't, just like I am not going to bring up the calendar year Jamal Tinsley is having.
    He's got you on that one. Nice, Jon

God Bless America

Addict Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Jon, I don't think it's right to compare apples to oranges. Pierce's case is ten times the offense that Tinsley's is. If you decide not to bring up Babs and/or Pierce, that's fine, just don't compare their heinous crimes to a bar fight. That's just dumb.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Walk On
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

At least Tinsley's problems have happened AFTER his career at ISU was over. Pierce got an early start on his delinquency.

"The Lord wants you to put your foot on their balls and believe in it." ---Coach Wayne Hisler

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Jon, I don't think it's right to compare apples to oranges. Pierce's case is ten times the offense that Tinsley's is. If you decide not to bring up Babs and/or Pierce, that's fine, just don't compare their heinous crimes to a bar fight. That's just dumb.
    You might want to add an apostrophe s at the end of offense. But I really don't care.

When Babineaux's situation is judged upon in the courts, and some sort of official verdict comes out, I will certainly talk about it. The allegations against him are sickening, and if they are true, I will be real ****** off.

The only people that consider Pierce a Hawkeye are Cyclone fans...not Iowa fans. That guy was excommunicated as far as we are concerned. And I didn't have a radio show when he did what he did, and when I was a guest on Deace's show at that time, I certainly rolled on Pierre's actions.

The only reason I brought Tinsley's name up is just to point out that there are less than savory examples of Cyclones in the 'bad' news right now, and I am not going to spend time talking about those, either.

Addict
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 193
    Given: 149

he played for the iowa hawkeyes, not the uni panthers, isu cyclones, drake bulldogs, etc...so I don't care HOW long he hangs around...if he was tarnishing someone other than the chokeyes, then I'd care, but IDC since he was a squawk. Everytime he's in the news, its just a reminder of how much iowa really does suck.

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

You might want to add an apostrophe s at the end of offense. But I really don't care.

When Babineaux's situation is judged upon in the courts, and some sort of official verdict comes out, I will certainly talk about it. The allegations against him are sickening, and if they are true, I will be real ****** off.

The only people that consider Pierce a Hawkeye are Cyclone fans...not Iowa fans. That guy was excommunicated as far as we are concerned. And I didn't have a radio show when he did what he did, and when I was a guest on Deace's show at that time, I certainly rolled on Pierre's actions.

The only reason I brought Tinsley's name up is just to point out that there are less than savory examples of Cyclones in the 'bad' news right now, and I am not going to spend time talking about those, either.
    So, hawkfan can "excommunicate" anything negative about their program? No wonder they think they "win" even when the other team has more points at the end of the game. They just "excommunicate" all the bad plays their team makes, and all the good plays the other team makes.

Thanks for straightening out that mystery in hawkfan illogic, Jon. And be sure to correct my spelling and punctuation as well, Mr. hawkfan.

I think the only reason you bring Tinsley's name up to excuse the actions of your boy Pierce, is because you are "all about the cheapshot." A professional journalist would develop a little thicker hide, I think.

All-Star Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by herbiedoobie View Post
    So, hawkfan can "excommunicate" anything negative about their program? No wonder they think they "win" even when the other team has more points at the end of the game. They just "excommunicate" all the bad plays their team makes, and all the good plays the other team makes.

Thanks for straightening out that mystery in hawkfan illogic, Jon. And be sure to correct my spelling and punctuation as well, Mr. hawkfan.

I think the only reason you bring Tinsley's name up to excuse the actions of your boy Pierce, is because you are "all about the cheapshot." A professional journalist would develop a little thicker hide, I think.
    Ahhh leave Jon alone, he can't help being logically challenged, it's the Hawk fan in him.

That being said, I look at PP as a bad guy, which he is, but we have Jason Berryman,etc that weren't good guys either. They were brought back to their teams for one simple reason, to win games. I seem to recall the football coach talking about how Jason paid a big price, and all that other nonsense, when he should have cut him loose.

It seems when you have coaches who are insecure they take these risks. When Sam Mack did his thing, Johnny was there for him, but sent him packing. He answered all of the tough questions, and handled himself in a dignified, and humane manner. But Johnny was secure in his abilities as a coach, and that allowed him to cut Mack, even though he knew that his team was going to suffer for it.

Tim was able to tell the producers of the TV show to stop showing highlights of a particularly bad game due to it giving the wrong impression that his team was competitive in the game (I believe that it was a game at Colorado, we never win there). LE was a candid interview. Kirk Ferentz is a sincere, and good interview to listen to. Finally, Greg, and Bill for that matter, are able to deal with tough situations, and questions.

It seems that the insecure guys have the hardest time, and that leads to not only horribly spun interviews where it is better to confuse people with meaningless statistics rather than tell the truth, but also to losing games every year that you should win. That was the downfall for McCarney, and it will be the end for Alford (simple statement, the two are very similar).

Jeffrey A Crawford