Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    In Stewart Mandel's College Football Mailbag. Not the best way I would want to get publicity but it definitely fits.........

Although Photograph was a good song off Def Leppard's Pyromania album, I believe Hysteria was the better overall album. With that said, which Def Leppard songs best personify various 2006 college football teams? One example: Too Late for Love = Penn State, because they lost too many seniors.
    -- Sean McCracken, Chicago

Oh, Sean, do you have any idea what you've unleashed? The possibilities are endless.

Hysteria: This one goes out to Miami, where the hysteria that followed last year's Peach Bowl debacle will likely return at the first sign of trouble this fall.

Bringin' on the Heartbreak: Any number of candidates come to mind, but I'll go with Iowa State, which has teased its long-suffering fans by coming within one win of a division title in each of the last two seasons only to choke in the finale.

Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad: This could become Texas' theme song if the post-Vince Young era gets off to a rocky start.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    So true...

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUCLONES15 &#064; 07&#045;07&#045;06 12&#58;18 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> In Stewart Mandel&#39;s College Football Mailbag. Not the best way I would want to get publicity but it definitely fits.........

Although Photograph was a good song off Def Leppard&#39;s Pyromania album, I believe Hysteria was the better overall album. With that said, which Def Leppard songs best personify various 2006 college football teams? One example: Too Late for Love = Penn State, because they lost too many seniors.
    -- Sean McCracken, Chicago

Oh, Sean, do you have any idea what you&#39;ve unleashed? The possibilities are endless.

Hysteria: This one goes out to Miami, where the hysteria that followed last year&#39;s Peach Bowl debacle will likely return at the first sign of trouble this fall.

Bringin&#39; on the Heartbreak: Any number of candidates come to mind, but I&#39;ll go with Iowa State, which has teased its long-suffering fans by coming within one win of a division title in each of the last two seasons only to choke in the finale.

[/b][/quote]

I know this quite well from my experience at the Kansas game. ouch&#33;

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 151
    The Missouri game hurt but it could have just been that we had never been in that situation.

The Kansas game flat out HURT. Especially because I was at the game. It felt like I was kicked in the face and then someone stole my wallet as I was on the ground rolling in pain. On the bright side, I did almost get alcohol poisoning that night from drinking my sorrows away...and that isn&#39;t a joke.

Did anyone else KNOW we were going to lose when the game went into OT?

Addict
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    If you&#39;re an ISU fanf you&#39;re in it for life. They&#39;ll tear your heart out and yet still you come back.

All-Star
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 24
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Did anyone else KNOW we were going to lose when the game went into OT?[/b][/quote]

Of course, the outcome wasn&#39;t in doubt at that point. Everyone I was with knew that Culbertson would miss that kick and we&#39;d be screwed. That conservative gameplan works wonders doesn&#39;t it?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 538
    Given: 485
    I turned the TV off when we went to OT. I&#39;ve seen that movie before.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cycloneworld &#064; 07&#045;07&#045;06 2&#58;32 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> The Missouri game hurt but it could have just been that we had never been in that situation.

The Kansas game flat out HURT. Especially because I was at the game. It felt like I was kicked in the face and then someone stole my wallet as I was on the ground rolling in pain. On the bright side, I did almost get alcohol poisoning that night from drinking my sorrows away...and that isn&#39;t a joke.

Did anyone else KNOW we were going to lose when the game went into OT?

[/b][/quote]

I was at the game. Couldn&#39;t watch most of the 4th quarter on. I went down below the bleachers and chain smoked and would glance at the monitors every so often. I knew we were gonna blow it when the 4th quarter began and we couldn&#39;t stop KU&#39;s offense.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clonecone &#064; 07&#045;07&#045;06 4&#58;33 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I was at the game. Couldn&#39;t watch most of the 4th quarter on. I went down below the bleachers and chain smoked and would glance at the monitors every so often. I knew we were gonna blow it when the 4th quarter began and we couldn&#39;t stop KU&#39;s offense.

[/b][/quote]

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    We were at the game. I really hated it when their bells kept ringing. And yes, we knew the outcome before it happened.

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    One correction. We did tie for the North title in 2004.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    That&#39;s not the only mention. This was on SIOC&#39;s frontpage for their top summer campus activities. Campaniling came in at #8. However, I think that pic is a fake since there&#39;s never been five women with one man anywhere on ISU&#39;s campus. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burn587 &#064; 07&#045;07&#045;06 2&#58;53 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Of course, the outcome wasn&#39;t in doubt at that point. Everyone I was with knew that Culbertson would miss that kick and we&#39;d be screwed. That conservative gameplan works wonders doesn&#39;t it? [/b][/quote]
    You could feel it in the crowd. Everyone knew we were done. It reminded me of people talking about the negativity that would permeate Fenway anytime something bad would happen in a playoff game. It took an 0-3 comeback to erase their demons. What will it take for ISU?

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    I believe I was listening to Def Leppard-have you ever needed someone(so bad). Then we hired the Jamie Pollard the next morning

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    ^^^not to be confused with any homosexual ideas^^^