Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: North Carolina

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 11,517, Level: 32
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    352
    Points
    11,517
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    North Carolina

    Nothing on their website, twitter, or anything over there. Just another day and another recruit. Business as usual. Ames would have imploded if it was ISU.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 864,181, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,851
    Points
    864,181
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,801
    Given: 1,508

    Re: North Carolina

    I like the 2-page threads.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 19,765, Level: 42
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    ISU_REV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    559
    Points
    19,765
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by dukeebear View Post
    Nothing on their website, twitter, or anything over there. Just another day and another recruit. Business as usual. Ames would have imploded if it was ISU.
    And this is why HB will be nothing more than another talented body at NC. Do you think the students will recognize him before he puts on a uniform?

    I will never cheer for NC and Ol' Roy (dog food) for any reason.

    HB will only be in college for 1 or 2 years anyway. Then he can have another great presser.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 17,457, Level: 40
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    CloneAbuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    857
    Points
    17,457
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: North Carolina

    [QUOTE=ISU_REV;1350613]
    I will never cheer for NC and Ol' Roy (dog food) for any reason./QUOTE]

    Now I have a reason to cheer against them...

    I need hats of the SEC, ACC and Big East so on gamedays for Auburn, UNC, and Syracuse I can wear the hat of each of their opponents hats, I'm officially a fan of whoever plays each of them



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 52,343, Level: 70
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Niceville, FL
    Posts
    2,279
    Points
    52,343
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 12

    Re: North Carolina

    [quote=CloneAbuse;1350626]
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_REV View Post
    I will never cheer for NC and Ol' Roy (dog food) for any reason./QUOTE]

    Now I have a reason to cheer against them...

    I need hats of the SEC, ACC and Big East so on gamedays for Auburn, UNC, and Syracuse I can wear the hat of each of their opponents hats, I'm officially a fan of whoever plays each of them

    Get over it, he is an 18 year old kid who made the best decision for himself! Just b/c he is from Ames never ment he had to go to ISU!!!!



  6. #6
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_REV View Post
    And this is why HB will be nothing more than another talented body at NC. Do you think the students will recognize him before he puts on a uniform?

    I will never cheer for NC and Ol' Roy (dog food) for any reason.

    HB will only be in college for 1 or 2 years anyway. Then he can have another great presser.
    Are you kidding me? When he came for his visit, everyone, being fans that is, walked the border of an NCAA violation. Our recruits usually hit up the football games and there's always college students and young children getting autographs from them. He'll only get bigger once he steps on campus too.

    I never understood the hate for Roy other than that he's good. Which I understand partially because I don't like the Lakers for the very same reason. He runs a clean program, is up front with his opinion (sometimes a little too much), shows his faults and his hard-headedness (again, too much at times), and is very respectful towards the players. There's a reason why we always have more talented frosh off the bench than some of our starters; and contrary to what some people think, it's not to keep their stats low so the NBA "overlooks" them. I think Davis projected as a lottery pick and Marvin Williams going 2nd overall proves that. It's because you have to earn your spot on the team. Coming in with hype and talent means nothing once you wear the Carolina Blue. The only time you will see a frosh start right away is if his talent is THAT much better than the current upperclassman (Hansbrough>Sanders), if everyone on the team is very unexperienced (Frasor...Q), or due to injuries (Hansbrough injured, Zeller into starting lineup). But that's a discussion for another day.

    Best of luck to you guys this season! Your one of the few teams I like in the Big 12.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 18,473, Level: 41
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CB21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    1,943
    Points
    18,473
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeel View Post
    Are you kidding me? When he came for his visit, everyone, being fans that is, walked the border of an NCAA violation. Our recruits usually hit up the football games and there's always college students and young children getting autographs from them. He'll only get bigger once he steps on campus too.

    I never understood the hate for Roy other than that he's good. Which I understand partially because I don't like the Lakers for the very same reason. He runs a clean program, is up front with his opinion (sometimes a little too much), shows his faults and his hard-headedness (again, too much at times), and is very respectful towards the players. There's a reason why we always have more talented frosh off the bench than some of our starters; and contrary to what some people think, it's not to keep their stats low so the NBA "overlooks" them. I think Davis projected as a lottery pick and Marvin Williams going 2nd overall proves that. It's because you have to earn your spot on the team. Coming in with hype and talent means nothing once you wear the Carolina Blue. The only time you will see a frosh start right away is if his talent is THAT much better than the current upperclassman (Hansbrough>Sanders), if everyone on the team is very unexperienced (Frasor...Q), or due to injuries (Hansbrough injured, Zeller into starting lineup). But that's a discussion for another day.

    Best of luck to you guys this season! Your one of the few teams I like in the Big 12.
    It's pretty much the rich get richer in this situation. Most of us..or me anyway are upset at the fact that he did drag us along long enough to make us think we very could be his choice. And I say that because he says he started knowing somewhere around a week I think I read before he liked UNC. He says Iowa State had a legitimate shot but I dont think that we did as much as he says we did.

    And after reading Coach Mac's comments after the commit you could tell he was really down about it. Which kind of made me even more mad about it.


    Last edited by CB21; 11-15-2009 at 04:42 AM.

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 18,473, Level: 41
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CB21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    1,943
    Points
    18,473
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: North Carolina

    I owe him nothing to cheer for him or support him in his college years. He associated with ISU enough for him to owe us more than we do him. He gave me a heartattack there for a minute for no reason.


    Last edited by CB21; 11-15-2009 at 04:46 AM.

  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 3,222, Level: 16
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ISU12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    71
    Points
    3,222
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: North Carolina

    [quote=Tank;1350660]
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneAbuse View Post


    Get over it, he is an 18 year old kid who made the best decision for himself! Just b/c he is from Ames never ment he had to go to ISU!!!!
    I agree thats what i would have done but would have been hard.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: North Carolina

    **** UNC.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 17,652, Level: 40
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    626
    Points
    17,652
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: North Carolina

    [quote=Tank;1350660]
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneAbuse View Post


    Get over it, he is an 18 year old kid who made the best decision for himself! Just b/c he is from Ames never ment he had to go to ISU!!!!
    Why do people even care if people are p***ed off at HB? So what? I hate when people on here have to "convince" everyone that they shouldn't be mad and that they should get over it. It's more annoying than the people that say they hate HB now. Just let people be p***ed and get over it. Quit wasting your breath. (or fingers in this case)



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 74,865, Level: 85
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,685
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    6,672
    Points
    74,865
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 24

    Re: North Carolina

    He did not play on my favorite High school team, and he will not play on my favorite college team. Therefore, i will never cheer for him.

    Did any of you guys cheer for kyle vandenbosh? how about brandon wegher? Will you cheer for wesley johnson?



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 179,875, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,820
    Points
    179,875
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 609

    Re: North Carolina

    I'm going to wonder why this is in the "ISU Basketball" forum.


    Barnes is a Cyclone chapter closed and done--unless for some day for some reason he chooses to transfer home to ISU. Stranger things have happened. Be nice if some people would keep that in mind.




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 95,484, Level: 96
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,566
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUChippewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,142
    Points
    95,484
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 113

    Re: North Carolina

    So, just out of curiousity, is there some sort of by-law that I'm not aware of that states if we are Cyclone fans we are supposed to absolutely hate every other single NCAA program?

    Sure seems like it with all of the "you're either with us or against us if you're not a Cyclone" and "I can't cheer for any other team besides ISU" talk I've seen in the last couple of days.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 27,305, Level: 50
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneLawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    Points
    27,305
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 12

    Re: North Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by TarHeel View Post
    I never understood the hate for Roy other than that he's good. Which I understand partially because I don't like the Lakers for the very same reason. He runs a clean program, is up front with his opinion (sometimes a little too much), shows his faults and his hard-headedness (again, too much at times), and is very respectful towards the players.

    Are you stating Roy has always run a clean program, or just that he's run a clean program since going to NC? Also, when YOU say clean program, what do you mean?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM