Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 68

For those that can't understand why people are upset.....

First, let me say I will continue to root for him as a player, and cannot wait until he goes pro so that I can feel ok about rooting for him. As long as he's a Tarheel, I hope he loses every game.

I am a little upset with how this all unfolded today. For those that can't understand why people are upset, maybe it's because you have done a better job of preparing for a let down.

Can you imagine if the exact same situation happened, but instead of the #1 BBall player, he was the #1 ranked QB in the country. And instead of being from Ames, he was from Fayetteville, Arkansas. He was a life long Razorback fan and his mom worked for U of A. He invites the public, 98% of which are die hard Arkansas fans.

And the kid pulls a Gator hat out in front of 2,000 fans wating to call the Hogs.

I think ISU fans handled themselves as well or better than ANY other school in the country today.

Can you understand how there would be some hard feelings with the way that he did it?

If that exact scenario that I explained had happend, I think you would have heard a lot of boos from many fan bases.

Pro
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,413
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 141

Re: For those that can't understand why people are upset.....

I am not particularly upset, but I am disappointed. I can understand while people are upset with the presentation of the announcement today.

But that being said......HB has said that he didn't know where he was going until Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. As far as I know (and, please, correct me if I am wrong), ESPNU had already scheduled air time on Friday afternoon a couple of weeks ago. If what HB says about the late timing of his decision is true (and I have no reason to beleive it is not, despite him now being public enemy #1) and he honestly didn't make up his mind until two days ago, what is he supposed to do? Call up the bigwigs at ESPN and tell them that although they have probably already sent production staff and spent money to get staff there to go ahead and cancel the broadcast? I really feel that people are not looking at that side of it. Did HB himself tell the Ames High School Pep band to be there? Probably not!

Yeah, it looks insensitive and tacky now, but I think the recruiting circus that exists these days for high-profile athletes makes it harder and harder to prevent hurt feelings anywhere. Don't blame HB for that. Blame ESPN, recruiting websites, and yes, even fan boards like this one for stirring up all the damn hype in the first place.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 137

What I heard was some pretty much knew where he was going but couldnt say where he was going, for atleast a week. Now if they really knew where he was going that is another story.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    First, let me say I will continue to root for him as a player, and cannot wait until he goes pro so that I can feel ok about rooting for him. As long as he's a Tarheel, I hope he loses every game.

I am a little upset with how this all unfolded today. For those that can't understand why people are upset, maybe it's because you have done a better job of preparing for a let down.

Can you imagine if the exact same situation happened, but instead of the #1 BBall player, he was the #1 ranked QB in the country. And instead of being from Ames, he was from Fayetteville, Arkansas. He was a life long Razorback fan and his mom worked for U of A. He invites the public, 98% of which are die hard Arkansas fans.

And the kid pulls a Gator hat out in front of 2,000 fans wating to call the Hogs.

I think ISU fans handled themselves as well or better than ANY other school in the country today.

Can you understand how there would be some hard feelings with the way that he did it?

If that exact scenario that I explained had happend, I think you would have heard a lot of boos from many fan bases.

It would be different if he pulled out a Kansas hat...also the public was invited because it's kind of a big deal. I would have gone even if I knew he wasn't going to Iowa State.