Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 61

Re: ISU MBB 1-0 (Idaho State Post Game)

I agree. A lot of weapons. We need to work on defense, but it sure is a lot of fun to watch the offense.

It's been a long time since we put a team like this on the floor.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 0

Agreed, athletic ability to beat a lot of teams on our schedule. As others have said we have some kinks to work out but IMO this team can be very, very good.

Pro
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 38

I love the athleticism that this team has.Fun to watch and should win alot of games.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

Brackins (17 pts)... what can you say? 17 in limited minutes. Makes it look easy. I may give the NBA another shot in the future.

Dendy (16 pts)... big game out of him. Everyone talked big things from the exhibition games... this was the game that impressed me. He goes after the ball and can get it in a crowd of opponents! Love his work ethic on the court.

Gilstrap... went to the hoop (nice oop from colvin!) still some defensive work to do... but brings the energy and continues to live up to expectations.

Hamilton... a consistent solid play from him. I think he finished 100% shooting. Good shot selection.

Christopherson... Multiple tools. Take Peterson's head, with most of Lucca's shot, with bit of DG's penetration. How do you want him to beat you? I prefer the pump and drive... but when they sag off... three point hunting season opens up... and there's no limit. Great addition to the Cyclones.

DG... 7/0 assist/turnover. Quiet game... but is part of the foundation of this year's team and I'm a fan.

Colvin... tenacious on defense... takes the gamble now and then but it makes it really exciting and hustles his @$$ back if he misses. A few coaching points will be brought up in film... but the future is nice.

Staiger - THREEEEEEEE!

Boozer - Played in a way that there's nothing to criticize about. Good shot selection, great hustle as always. That guy can jump... the missed putback dunk... I still don't know where he came from.

JVB - limited minutes.

Buck - an off game (nothing bad - just don't remember much from him today) no doubt he'll bounce back.

Dorr & Pomlee - limited minutes (need some time to figure out/get comfortable with the defense) but showed some flashes of great talent. Glad they're Cyclones.

Last edited by dbronco7sc; 11-13-2009 at 11:15 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

I forgot this:

Newcomers Dendy and Gilstrap with the two big dunks tonight... keep that coming!

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 786
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 29

It might just be mediacom's channel 22... but I was under the impression from last year that christopherson was a bigger guy... he almost looked like peterson out there... or is that just me?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by JY07 View Post
    It might just be mediacom's channel 22... but I was under the impression from last year that christopherson was a bigger guy... he almost looked like peterson out there... or is that just me?
    Scott is a LOT more ripped than Petey.

Addict
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136

Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Scott is a LOT more ripped than Petey.
    And he can dribble while running!

Addict
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136

With Christopherson and Colvin's performance tonight, anyone think that they'll be taking Lucca's spot soon. I just think that with DG at the point, we need someone at the 2 that can drive.

Starter
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

Just got back from the game. This was the first time I had a chance to see this team in person and I have to say I was impressed. The depth on this team is something we haven't seen in a LONG time. Mac's toughest job this season will be getting the right combination of guys on the floor at the same time. He almost has too many options to choose from. I'm sure he'll take that problem any time compared to what he's had to deal with the past few seasons. Anyway, on to my thoughts...

PG: Loved the play of DG, Buckley, and Colvin. DG only shot once, and that's completely fine with me. I'll take 7 assists and no turnovers any day of the week. Colvin is going to be a special player. The game just appears to come so easy to him and he's extremely smooth out on the court. He tried to make a couple really tough passes that ended up being turnovers, but for the most part he played pretty well. I love his defensive intensity as a freshman too. Buckley played ok. He wasn't as intense on defense as DG or Colvin, and I could see that being a reason that we'll see more of Colvin as the season progresses.

SG: Lucca shot the ball ok and has improved on defense but he's still a liability on that side of the floor and he turned the ball over a little too much too. He had a sweet dish to Dendy on that dunk though. Christopherson played pretty well. I didn't get to see much of his ability to get to the lane, but Idaho St. was packed in a zone most of the game so that was part of the reason. He's got a pretty nice-looking shot too. You can tell he spends hours working on it. Boozer also played ok. He was a lot more under control than I've seen in the past and he still continues to make the hustle plays that this team needs.

SF: Gilstrap played ok but you could tell he was trying to do way too much early on. He was forcing a lot of things and making some poor decisions. He finally settled down late in the first half and hit a big 3 in our run to put the game out of reach in the first half. I think he's definitely the missing piece from last year's team. The guy can do it all on offense and will create some major matchup problems for opponents. He's also going to be a pretty solid defender for us too.

Bigs: Ham was ham. Nothing flashy with his game, but he was in decent defensive position most of the night and had some nice put backs off offensive rebounds. I don't really need to talk about Brackins, everyone knows he's the man on this team. I LOVED the play of Dendy. He hustles every play. It doesn't matter what he's doing, he's hustling doing it. Rebounding, defense, running the floor, working for post position. This guy is going to be a great asset off our bench. JVB is still recovering and I didn't see much of him tonight, but once he's healthy he'll add another dimension to our team.

This team could be very good as some of the newcomers get used to D1 basketball. We have a lot of reasons to be optimistic about this season.

www.drivethelane.com/bask - A great college basketball simulation. Give it a try, it's FREE, not to mention addicting.

Addict
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 68

Quote Originally Posted by JY07 View Post
    6'5" is somewhat short today. Plus he's actually probably closer to 6'3" but you always add a few in the media guide.

Fanatic #25

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

-I was down on Lucca before tonight but man if we get out and run he his a weapon. Whether he is spotting up from 3 or making a good pass he is definitely a good player in transition.
    - Colvin is as good as advertised.
    - Dendy needs to get a lot more minutes than Justin Hamilton.
    - Christopherson is going to bring some great energy and shooting off the bench. Needs to get some timing stuff down though.
    - Gilstrap is a man among boys.
    - Harrison who?
    The key this year will be utilizing our athleticism. It will be different for a lot of guys pushing the tempo but thats the only way we're going to play to our strengths.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 312

Thank god for this game and win tonight. Was good to have that to go to after what happened this afternoon.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    With Christopherson and Colvin's performance tonight, anyone think that they'll be taking Lucca's spot soon. I just think that with DG at the point, we need someone at the 2 that can drive.
    I disagree. Lucca stretches out the defense. If you put Brackins on the same side of the floor as Lucca, you either give Lucca a free look trying to double team Craig, or you give Craig 1 on 1 and an easy pass on a cut if the double team comes. DG can drive at will, someone needs to stretch it out so teams can't pack in a 2-3 zone and force us to shoot outside all day because of doubles on the inside.

I didn't even mention that Lucca was one of the best passers last season and doesn't look like he's any worse this season. I honestly think him and Craig on the same side of the floor is a beautiful thing for us. He can drive just enough that you have to respect it, But he can hit from 24' so you have to respect that.

Last edited by IcSyU; 11-13-2009 at 11:51 PM.