Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 434
    Given: 362

No Diary Entry about ISU

I wanted the absence of an entry about ISU in his recruiting diary to be good news for us, namely that he wanted to give the report live as he made his annoucement. However, it turns out that posting it would have just made it hurt worse when he didn't pick us. Perhaps not posting it was an expression of sensitivity once he recognized that not picking us would be a kick in the head with a frozen boot.

I also quietly hoped that after saying "Coach Roy Wlliams . . . I just called to tell you that I'm going to ISU." Now that would have been tacky, but wonderful!

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 15

Re: No Diary Entry about ISU

Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    I wanted the absence of an entry about ISU in his recruiting diary to be good news for us, namely that he wanted to give the report live as he made his annoucement. However, it turns out that posting it would have just made it hurt worse when he didn't pick us. Perhaps not posting it was an expression of sensitivity once he recognized that not picking us would be a kick in the head with a frozen boot.

I also quietly hoped that after saying "Coach Roy Wlliams . . . I just called to tell you that I'm going to ISU." Now that would have been tacky, but wonderful!
    After today's little performance, I am not convinced that there much concern about hurting ISU. I think a giant ******* Roy Williams head displayed in a lavish ceremony in Ames, Iowa, speaks volumes.