Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 40,974, Level: 62
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    San Francisco Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,001
    Points
    40,974
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    How about we think long term about Harrison...

    I know everybody is bitter about this decision. But, let's remember that Harrison still claims to be a Cyclone fan, and claims that he always will be. Let's also remember that he stands to make a lot of money in the coming years. How about let's not lynch him and wish him well. Maybe some day he will reward ISU and the fans financially down the road.

    I personally wish Harrison Barnes well. I hope our coaches continue to let him hang out with and practice with our players in our facility. It can only make our own players better, playing with one of the best basketball players in the nation. Carry on...



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,922, Level: 85
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,562
    Points
    75,922
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 17

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    We currently have plenty of alumni who are today richer than HB might ever be (unless ofcourse he has a legendary NBA career. I am, for now assuming, he will have the typical NBA career). And those alumni don't give one dirty dollar.



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 13,870, Level: 35
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    825
    Points
    13,870
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    You are dreaming. HARRISON BARNES WILL NOT HELP ISU IN ANY WAY. Have you ever been used? Users aren't accountable to anyone but themselves.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 17,096, Level: 39
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    898
    Points
    17,096
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by AnkenyCy24 View Post
    I know everybody is bitter about this decision. But, let's remember that Harrison still claims to be a Cyclone fan, and claims that he always will be. Let's also remember that he stands to make a lot of money in the coming years. How about let's not lynch him and wish him well. Maybe some day he will reward ISU and the fans financially down the road.

    I personally wish Harrison Barnes well. I hope our coaches continue to let him hang out with and practice with our players in our facility. It can only make our own players better, playing with one of the best basketball players in the nation. Carry on...
    Totally disagree! He may make sure Ames High has $ but why would he give to ISU, we aren't good enough for him. No way would I let him play with my players anymore and especially in my facilities. We don't need HB, obviously he don't need us. Move on!



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 40,974, Level: 62
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    San Francisco Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,001
    Points
    40,974
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    I think it's hilarious how many people have been saying how classy he has been throughout the process and would wish him well, no matter who he decided on (excluding kansas). And now many are calling him classless and telling him to f*** off. Well, stay classy Cyclone fans...



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,793, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,519
    Points
    140,793
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by AnkenyCy24 View Post
    I know everybody is bitter about this decision. But, let's remember that Harrison still claims to be a Cyclone fan, and claims that he always will be. Let's also remember that he stands to make a lot of money in the coming years. How about let's not lynch him and wish him well. Maybe some day he will reward ISU and the fans financially down the road.

    I personally wish Harrison Barnes well. I hope our coaches continue to let him hang out with and practice with our players in our facility. It can only make our own players better, playing with one of the best basketball players in the nation. Carry on...
    You are grasping at straws....................he's gone and ISU loses out big time once again -- ISU will never see a dime from Harrison, his mom will donate more money.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 132,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,446
    Points
    132,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by AnkenyCy24 View Post
    I know everybody is bitter about this decision. But, let's remember that Harrison still claims to be a Cyclone fan, and claims that he always will be. Let's also remember that he stands to make a lot of money in the coming years. How about let's not lynch him and wish him well. Maybe some day he will reward ISU and the fans financially down the road.

    I personally wish Harrison Barnes well. I hope our coaches continue to let him hang out with and practice with our players in our facility. It can only make our own players better, playing with one of the best basketball players in the nation. Carry on...
    His dad played at ISU. His mom has been employed at ISU for years. He has had all sorts of access to ISU sports for years. If he wanted to pay us back, he could have signed to play for the university that has done so much for him and his family. He chose not to.

    You really think down the road he is going to be sitting on a ton of cash and just decide to give some to ISU? In what world does that happen?

    And for letting him hang out and use ISU facilities, umm, I think he has used ISU quite enough already. He can go shoot hoops outside in the cold like I did back in the day. He has forfeited any special access at ISU. Real lifelong Cyclone fans do crazy things like actually attend ISU.

    He can drive on down to Chapel Hill on weekends and get his practicing in down there if he wants to.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,894, Level: 82
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,556
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In an RV Park, far away
    Posts
    3,639
    Points
    69,894
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 279

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by singsing View Post
    You are dreaming. HARRISON BARNES WILL NOT HELP ISU IN ANY WAY. Have you ever been used? Users aren't accountable to anyone but themselves.
    ISU was totally used and didn't even get a kiss out of it.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 40,974, Level: 62
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    San Francisco Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,001
    Points
    40,974
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by gogagig View Post
    We currently have plenty of alumni who are today richer than HB might ever be (unless ofcourse he has a legendary NBA career. I am, for now assuming, he will have the typical NBA career). And those alumni don't give one dirty dollar.
    Many rich ISU alums didn't grow up Cyclone fans. Many didn't play alongside current players for years, and use the facilities. Many don't have a mother working for the institution. I will withhold my judgment on Harrison until it gets to be 10 years down the road, and he's given nothing to ISU, a school/program that has given so much. Until then, there's no reason to spit fire. They are defending national champ North Carolina and we are Iowa State. The last two times we played them, they destroyed us. It shouldn't be that shocking to us...



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 132,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,446
    Points
    132,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by AnkenyCy24 View Post
    I think it's hilarious how many people have been saying how classy he has been throughout the process and would wish him well, no matter who he decided on (excluding kansas). And now many are calling him classless and telling him to f*** off. Well, stay classy Cyclone fans...
    Was he classy in how he treated ISU?

    Hell no.

    And I said I would not support him if he went anywhere other than ISU, same as Heinrich, Collison, LaFrentz.

    His actions today were very classless. He used ISU and its fans, plain and simple.

    I am sick of being preached to by HB fanbois. I believe UNC has fan sites for people to go talk HB on. Feel free to find them.

    This is Cyclone Fanatic. Emphasis on Cyclone.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 112,834, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,731
    Points
    112,834
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 45

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    His dad played at ISU.
    That was hardly an "advantage" for ISU. He probably got sick of fans knowing who his absent, non-supporting father was, and wanted to play where no one had ever heard of Ronnie Harris...



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 132,078, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,446
    Points
    132,078
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by AnkenyCy24 View Post
    Many rich ISU alums didn't grow up Cyclone fans. Many didn't play alongside current players for years, and use the facilities. Many don't have a mother working for the institution. I will withhold my judgment on Harrison until it gets to be 10 years down the road, and he's given nothing to ISU, a school/program that has given so much. Until then, there's no reason to spit fire. They are defending national champ North Carolina and we are Iowa State. The last two times we played them, they destroyed us. It shouldn't be that shocking to us...
    I guess we should just stop suiting up then and forfeit. I mean why try, we are ISU.

    It had been since 1977 when we last beat Nebraska in their house, how could we ever hope to win there, what with all their rich tradition and great fans?

    ISU needs to quit looking back like losers. Coach Rhoads and the football team are not, and we shouldn't either. Past results matters nothing in future performance.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 40,974, Level: 62
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    San Francisco Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,001
    Points
    40,974
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    I guess we should just stop suiting up then and forfeit. I mean why try, we are ISU.

    It had been since 1977 when we last beat Nebraska in their house, how could we ever hope to win there, what with all their rich tradition and great fans?

    ISU needs to quit looking back like losers. Coach Rhoads and the football team are not, and we shouldn't either. Past results matters nothing in future performance.
    There's no reason to forfeit. All I'm saying is that I think we need to keep it in perspective. It makes all the sense in the world for US to believe he should have chosen ISU. And I truly feel like he should have, and feel like I would have, if I was in his shoes. But, none of us really truly know how it feels to be in his shoes. Maybe he will come to regret his choice down the road. Maybe not. Either way, it was his choice, and he chose to play for the defending national champs and perennial contenders. It's hard to argue that decision, whether or not we are Iowa State...



  14. #14
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    126
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    I hope he lives a long, healthy, succesfull life, but after the ******** he pulled today, skyping Roy ******* Williams on the big screen to announce it. The hell with him, don't wish bad things on him, but I don't care if he is successful either.

    Should have had enough courtesy to just pick a school, thank everyone and go home.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 8,485, Level: 27
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BugDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    520
    Points
    8,485
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How about we think long term about Harrison...

    HB is dead to me. Move on...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM