Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 187

Man, I'm excited about tonight's game

Anyone else excited about tonight's game? Looks like it could be a decent test, at least a lot tougher than the exhibition teams we played. Idaho State appears to have a pretty decent guard court, so that should be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm hoping for a 30-point win.

"The values to which people cling most stubbornly under inappropriate conditions are those values that were previously the source of their greatest triumphs over adversity." -Jared Diamond, Collapse

Pro
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 16

Re: Man, I'm excited about tonight's game

I am. I know Brackins feels that we (Cyclone fans) need something good right now....and he's about to deliver it via a posterization of some poor Idaho State dude...

Yep, this thread has just been pwned.

All-Star
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 73

I'm looking forward to the game. The exhibition games gave us a taste, but I'm looking forward to games that count.

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 208
    Given: 387

I'm pumped for this whole season. We got something to prove, we need to show future in=state recruits that an offer from ISU isn't something to pass up.

All-Star
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 38

posted this in another thread, but I want to repost it.

This post is for people who feel a little heart broken by the events of today. If you don't, congratulations and there's no need to read what I say here.

Screw 'im. We've got better than a dozen kids who chose ISU and who will step out onto the court to represent the Cyclones tonight. They're experiencing just as confusing a set of emotions as we are, and I'm sure there are a few who are feeling just as betrayed as we are. But let me highlight two of them real quick.

Craig Brackins left a favorable draft for him in order to play another year of basketball as a Cyclone. With millions of dollars at stake, he said "I chose to be a Cyclone" and came back. He said it best the other day when he said that if it was about the money, he'd already be gone. Thank you Craig Brackins for being a Cyclone.

Bubu Palo had scholarship offers from a plethora of schools, giving him a full ride to play soccer for them. He chose, instead, to be a Cyclone, a recruited walk on. Here's an Ames High kid that understands, that chose to be a Cyclone, and will be there on the bench tonight. Thank you Bubu for being a Cyclone.

The best way I can think of for those of us that are feeling a little crapped on, a little slapped in the face by a 17 year old kid to move on is to prove that we are cyclones. Get your butts in those seats tonight, fill the nose bleeds and cheer your hearts out. When Craig gets introduced, I don't want to be able to hear the PA for a good 2 minutes while we let him know what it means to chose to be a Cyclone. We've got a bunch of kids representing us tonight that deserve for us to show them how much we love them for their choice to wear cardinal and gold.

Come out tonight, folks, let's say thank you to the kids who chose Ames

"It was like going on vacation to go play Iowa." - Coach Johnny Orr

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,047
    Given: 11

How can one even think about basketball at a time like this!

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

I'm very excited about tonight.

Addict
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,405
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by necromancy View Post
    Anyone else excited about tonight's game? Looks like it could be a decent test, at least a lot tougher than the exhibition teams we played. Idaho State appears to have a pretty decent guard court, so that should be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm hoping for a 30-point win.
    Yeah. I think it will be a test in that it's our first game that counts and we have to get passed it. It took overtime for Idaho State to beat D2 school Colorado Univ-Colorado Springs and only won by 10 against NAIA school Rocky Mountain College.

Might not mean anything, but I don't think Idaho State is one of the premier mid major schools in the nation. Could definitely be wrong though.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,949
    Given: 2,361

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomeborg View Post

This post is for people who feel a little heart broken by the events of today. If you don't, congratulations and there's no need to read what I say here.

Screw 'im. We've got better than a dozen kids who chose ISU and who will step out onto the court to represent the Cyclones tonight. They're experiencing just as confusing a set of emotions as we are, and I'm sure there are a few who are feeling just as betrayed as we are. But let me highlight two of them real quick.

Craig Brackins left a favorable draft for him in order to play another year of basketball as a Cyclone. With millions of dollars at stake, he said "I chose to be a Cyclone" and came back. He said it best the other day when he said that if it was about the money, he'd already be gone. Thank you Craig Brackins for being a Cyclone.

Bubu Palo had scholarship offers from a plethora of schools, giving him a full ride to play soccer for them. He chose, instead, to be a Cyclone, a recruited walk on. Here's an Ames High kid that understands, that chose to be a Cyclone, and will be there on the bench tonight. Thank you Bubu for being a Cyclone.

The best way I can think of for those of us that are feeling a little crapped on, a little slapped in the face by a 17 year old kid to move on is to prove that we are cyclones. Get your butts in those seats tonight, fill the nose bleeds and cheer your hearts out. When Craig gets introduced, I don't want to be able to hear the PA for a good 2 minutes while we let him know what it means to chose to be a Cyclone. We've got a bunch of kids representing us tonight that deserve for us to show them how much we love them for their choice to wear cardinal and gold.

Nice post. If I had rep to give, this earned it in spades. Nice post.

Section 216, Row 14, ready to roll!

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

All-Star
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 38

Section 207, Row 5

Heck, folks, I've got a spare ticket to the game tonight, if anyone wants a seat, PM me in the next about 10 minutes.

"It was like going on vacation to go play Iowa." - Coach Johnny Orr

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 303

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomeborg View Post

Well put. Floor seats row 5. I'll be there.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone