Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

We aren't good enough?

During this HB mania, I'm surprised by the number of "unbiased" sportscasters and others who soberly and with a helpful attitude try to educate me on how I shouldn't aspire to having this nation's cream of the crop playing for my lowly midwestern basketball program. "Players like HB only play for the elite schools when called upon to do so. How could he even think of going anywhere else?"

These basketball bluebloods can take their status quo and cram it up their blue butts. I think Iowa State is a pretty good place to play basketball. Ames, Iowa, is a basketball player's sweet dream. If you can't figure that out then we'll have to teach you the next time we meet on the court, with or without HB.

CC

Are we matching paradoxes, or is this all a word game to see who can say the least in the most words?
    -Isaac Asimov, Second Foundation

Pro
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 154

Re: We aren't good enough?

I completely agree... the attitude everyone in nation says that you have to lose if you want to be winner, is the attitude everyone in the media constantly also tells you is a must have because you are iowa state.... please, we can win a national titles in ames iowa, we can win big 12 titles in ames iowa. and for everyone that has the attitude that we cant, are the same people holding us back. especially in basketball.... shoot you put wes j back on this team with all of our current players and i assure you we are top two in the big 12 with great chance to win it all.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

I think the argument is a little more towards "if he wasn't born in Ames and an ISU fan growing up, he'd never consider ISU".

We've proven we can get 5 star talent with Craig, but that's also an aberration, more or less.

Addict
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,610
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 15

I always found it funny when national analysts were like "oh he hasn't taken a visit to Iowa State yet" and stuff. It's like, yeah sorry to burst your bubble, but he kind of lives and grew up in Ames. His mom also works for the university. I guarantee you he knew more about ISU going into this year than any other school on his list.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The ISU basketball team, unlike the football team, is actually able to consider going after 5 star recruits. It just feels like most people think "ISU? They do badly in football..." and automatically associate us with bad athletics. If Michael Beasley could go to Kansas State, it's not out of reason that Harrison Barnes could come here.