Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Bowl Talk

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 100,669, Level: 98
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,392
    Points
    100,669
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 4

    Bowl Talk

    I know ISU still doesn't have 6 wins, but lets be honest, we don't get to talk about bowl possibilities around here very often and I'm gonna do it while I still can. So for discussions sake, lets assume ISU gets the 6th win somewhere.


    The South is gonna send 5 teams to a bowl, the North gets 3. Nebraska already has 1 spot and CU is not gonna go. That leaves 2 spots for ISU, KSU, KU, and Mizzou.


    KSU 6-4
    They get Mizzou at home and then head to Nebraska. Hope they lose both games and end at 6-6 and not bowl eligible.

    KU 5-4
    Go to Nebraska, Texas at home, and Mizzou in KC. Very likely they will need that Mizzou game in KC for their 6th win.

    Mizzou 5-4
    Go to KSU, ISU at home, and finish in KC against Kansas. Again, that game against KU sends one of them to a bowl.


    This weekends Mizzou at KSU game is HUGE. KSU is gonna need that game to go to a bowl IMO. So Basically we want Mizzou and Nebraska to beat both Kansas and KSU. That would eliminate both KSU and Kansas from eligibility (assuming KU losses to Texas), sending ISU and Mizzou to take the last 2 B12 bowl spots.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 181,189, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    9,956
    Points
    181,189
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 121

    Re: Bowl Talk

    Just win baby



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 82,670, Level: 89
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,231
    Points
    82,670
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

    Re: Bowl Talk

    we just need to win both games and it's simple. also, something strange i noticed yesterday, a pattern of the season if you will:

    we won 1, lost 1, won 2, lost 2, won 2, lost 2, and have 2 to go.

    if the pattern continues, we will win against colorado, and lose to mizzou to finish 6-6. not saying that's how it's gonna play out, just a weird pattern i noticed.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 100,669, Level: 98
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,392
    Points
    100,669
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 4

    Re: Bowl Talk

    After looking at the standings, I'll be shocked if Nebraska doesn't win the North. They are the one team from the North that could play with Texas in the B12 championship game.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 177,197, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,140
    Points
    177,197
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

    Re: Bowl Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    After looking at the standings, I'll be shocked if Nebraska doesn't win the North. They are the one team from the North that could play with Texas in the B12 championship game.
    That would be an interesting match up for Texas.



  6. #6
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by ISU BET View Post
    we just need to win both games and it's simple. also, something strange i noticed yesterday, a pattern of the season if you will:

    we won 1, lost 1, won 2, lost 2, won 2, lost 2, and have 2 to go.

    if the pattern continues, we will win against colorado, and lose to mizzou to finish 6-6. not saying that's how it's gonna play out, just a weird pattern i noticed.
    If Baylor can beat the hell out of Mizzou at home, we sure as hell can.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 59,397, Level: 75
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    2,900
    Points
    59,397
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    After looking at the standings, I'll be shocked if Nebraska doesn't win the North. They are the one team from the North that could play with Texas in the B12 championship game.
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    That would be an interesting match up for Texas.
    I sit with 7 UT fans in my office, and the consensus seems to be that the team they DON'T want to see in Dallas is Kansas State.

    Let's not forget...

    2006: K-State 45, Texas 42
    2007: K-State 41, Texas 21

    Texas hasn't beat K-State since 2003.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,928, Level: 96
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,122
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,190
    Points
    95,928
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    I know ISU still doesn't have 6 wins, but lets be honest, we don't get to talk about bowl possibilities around here very often and I'm gonna do it while I still can. So for discussions sake, lets assume ISU gets the 6th win somewhere.


    The South is gonna send 5 teams to a bowl, the North gets 3. Nebraska already has 1 spot and CU is not gonna go. That leaves 2 spots for ISU, KSU, KU, and Mizzou.


    KSU 6-4
    They get Mizzou at home and then head to Nebraska. Hope they lose both games and end at 6-6 and not bowl eligible.

    KU 5-4
    Go to Nebraska, Texas at home, and Mizzou in KC. Very likely they will need that Mizzou game in KC for their 6th win.

    Mizzou 5-4
    Go to KSU, ISU at home, and finish in KC against Kansas. Again, that game against KU sends one of them to a bowl.


    This weekends Mizzou at KSU game is HUGE. KSU is gonna need that game to go to a bowl IMO. So Basically we want Mizzou and Nebraska to beat both Kansas and KSU. That would eliminate both KSU and Kansas from eligibility (assuming KU losses to Texas), sending ISU and Mizzou to take the last 2 B12 bowl spots.
    Why would ksu at 6-6 not be bowl elligible, but we would be?



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 452,603, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    brianhos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Trenchtown
    Posts
    39,719
    Points
    452,603
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 36

    Re: Bowl Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    That would be an interesting match up for Texas.
    Interesting till the end of the first quarter when UT is up by 21.


    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 160,768, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,697
    Points
    160,768
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 256

    Re: Bowl Talk

    Did they play 2 IAA schools? If so that would do it.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 100,669, Level: 98
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,392
    Points
    100,669
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 4

    Re: Bowl Talk

    KSU needs 7 wins, they beat 2 D1-AA teams.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 273,168, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,691
    Points
    273,168
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 859
    Given: 176

    Re: Bowl Talk

    With both Mizzou and aTm losing yesterday, I see 3 6-6 teams in the Big 12. Here is how I see things shaking out...

    North Big 12 Overall
    Kansas State 5-3 7-5
    Nebraska 4-4 7-5
    Kansas 3-5 7-5
    Iowa State 3-5 6-6
    Colorado 3-5 4-8
    Missouri 2-6 6-6

    South Big 12 Overall
    Texas 8-0 12-0
    Oklahoma State 6-2 9-3
    Texas Tech 5-3 8-4
    Oklahoma 5-3 7-5
    Texas A&M 3-5 6-6
    Baylor 1-7 4-8


    Last edited by chuckd4735; 11-08-2009 at 11:23 AM.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 118,961, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,572
    Points
    118,961
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 92

    Re: Bowl Talk

    I think we need to slow down on the bowl talk at this point. Our offense is struggling badly enough that I don't think we're going to beat CU and beating Mizzou at their place is going to be a stretch.



  14. #14
    Walk On
    Points: 5,468, Level: 21
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    cyworship's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    162
    Points
    5,468
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    With both Mizzou and aTm losing yesterday, I see 3 6-6 teams in the Big 12. Here is how I see things shaking out...

    North Big 12 Overall
    Kansas State 5-3 7-5
    Nebraska 4-4 7-5
    Kansas 3-5 7-5
    Iowa State 3-5 6-6
    Colorado 3-5 4-8
    Missouri 2-6 6-6

    South Big 12 Overall
    Texas 8-0 12-0
    Oklahoma State 6-2 9-3
    Texas Tech 5-3 8-4
    Oklahoma 5-3 7-5
    Texas A&M 3-5 6-6
    Baylor 1-7 4-8

    Just of note - you have 10 bowl eligible teams here and the conference only has 8 bowl spots. If this plays out then 2 bowl eligible teams are staying home. In this scenario I think the bowls pick A&M over ISU and MISERY. At large spots would be very very tough to find.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 58,649, Level: 75
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CloneState1028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    3,273
    Points
    58,649
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bowl Talk

    2/3 main bowl projections still have us in a bowl game. For what it's worth...

    CFN:

    ISU vs. Fresno State
    New Mexico Bowl, Dec. 19th.
    We'd take the place of a MWC team.

    ESPN

    Iowa State vs. Northern Illinois
    Pizza Bowl, Dec. 26.
    We'd be taking the place of a Big Ten team.

    CBS

    *No bowl*



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM