Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 0

Exhibition #2 Recap

Another impressive performance from the Clones tonight...hard not to start to get a bit excited...

Cyclones Hit Century Mark | isportsweb

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Exhibition #2 Recap

I'm also starting to get excited about how the team is looking this year, but trying to not get too overeager just yet.

I think it was a good write-up, but based on the first two games I think I'd put Lucca just above Christopherson. Christopherson is definitely quicker, and therefore better on the defensive end, but I think at this point Lucca has a better understanding of what needs to be done on offense, and has a shot that is a little more automatic.
    I'd also put Hamilton higher for now too. I think Dendy may take over the starting position eventually because of his athleticism, but just like with Lucca, with a year of D1 basketball under his belt, I think Hamilton is ahead of Dendy in decision-making right now.

I'm just excited to see so many good athletes this year. If they play well as a team, we may do some serious head turning this year.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

I agree with your top five with one exception. I would have to put CC in the top five over SC. I really like both players, but when it comes to defending the top point guards in the Big XII I'd have to go with CC over SC.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

Doubt Dorr redshirts as McD says with JVB's lack of conditioning, he may need him for depth.

Scary to think how many options this team has, but I want to see how well we drive to the basket and interior play when the teams get a little bigger inside and faster outside before I have my thoughts on who should be starting other than DG and CB.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,455
    Given: 1,247

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    Doubt Dorr redshirts as McD says with JVB's lack of conditioning, he may need him for depth.

Scary to think how many options this team has, but I want to see how well we drive to the basket and interior play when the teams get a little bigger inside and faster outside before I have my thoughts on who should be starting other than DG and CB.
    I remember hearing that as well.

Why not just use Pomlee for depth? That still leaves Brackins, Dendy, Hamilton, and Pomlee up front, with Gilstrap rotating in while JVB gets his conditioning back.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Legend
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 357

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I remember hearing that as well.

Why not just use Pomlee for depth? That still leaves Brackins, Dendy, Hamilton, and Pomlee up front, with Gilstrap rotating in while JVB gets his conditioning back.
    I agree. I think those four (five if you count MG) can handle it for the first month while JVB gets back in shape.

Rookie
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 38

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post

Dorr is not the answer for post depth. He's a 6'5" freshman walk-on. He is here for practicing purposes, like most walk-ons are.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    I agree. I think those four (five if you count MG) can handle it for the first month while JVB gets back in shape.
    I'm cool with Alex seeing a few minutes, but that redshirt seems like a better deal for his development.

I don't want Alex to lose a year just to play garbage time minutes, but then, no one wants to see something like Brackings getting hurt playing unnecessary minutes against Idaho State or something like that.

Still, I think the 4/5 guys can handle the load. Pomlee could handle some minutes and be just fine.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

I will just wish Mr. Dorr, and Mr. Palu, all the best. If they do play, I hope that it's because we stole a couple good kids out from under people's noses. Because, as we have seen, walk--ons do not make the world go around in major conferences.

I think the thing that I am most impressed with is that Mac is trying to make a statement right out of the gate. He signed a one year juco, and a regular juco, to go with Brackins returning. So, despite all of the "I'm building a program" nonsense that he kept saying last year as the losses mounted, that says that he knows this is the year that he has to make it happen.

It does my heart good to see that he is willing to go out and run over people. That is exciting, and it could very well make Hilton a tough place to play again.

Let's just hope that he is committed to this. It will be interesting to see what happens when we play a team that fights back.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cy1969 View Post
    I will just wish Mr. Dorr, and Mr. Palu, all the best. If they do play, I hope that it's because we stole a couple good kids out from under people's noses. Because, as we have seen, walk--ons do not make the world go around in major conferences.

I think the thing that I am most impressed with is that Mac is trying to make a statement right out of the gate. He signed a one year juco, and a regular juco, to go with Brackins returning. So, despite all of the "I'm building a program" nonsense that he kept saying last year as the losses mounted, that says that he knows this is the year that he has to make it happen.

It does my heart good to see that he is willing to go out and run over people. That is exciting, and it could very well make Hilton a tough place to play again.

Let's just hope that he is committed to this. It will be interesting to see what happens when we play a team that fights back.
    You know that recruiting these guys was part of building a program, right?

Addict
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,166
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36

Pomlee looks a bit lost out there for having a redshirt year under his belt. He seems like he mistimes his jumps for rebounds. he is certainly a big body out there, though.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    You know that recruiting these guys was part of building a program, right?

You obviously missed the point, that is OK, I must not have been clear enough. No need to rehash the past, but part of "building a program" does not entail recruiting a one year guy, add in another juco, and it rang hollow. That was the point. As we kept getting killed, and the public opinion kept moving away from him, he said that over and over last year. It was BS then, as much as it is BS now.

Greg knows that there is a sense of urgency THIS season. He needs to come up with the goods. IF we really have all of this depth, and we will see when we are tested how they respond, then let's run people out of the building.

Legend
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 315
    Given: 357

You obviously missed the point, that is OK, I must not have been clear enough. No need to rehash the past, but part of "building a program" does not entail recruiting a one year guy, add in another juco, and it rang hollow. That was the point. As we kept getting killed, and the public opinion kept moving away from him, he said that over and over last year. It was BS then, as much as it is BS now.

Greg knows that there is a sense of urgency THIS season. He needs to come up with the goods. IF we really have all of this depth, and we will see when we are tested how they respond, then let's run people out of the building.
    Speaking of missing things...

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Except that it does involve that. GMac was building the program with a certain SF that seems to have disappeared to another school. We missed that wing threat last year, and part of building involves having someone there right now so we can win as well as showing recruits how this thing can work.

The one-year guy thing really is part of building the program, which is exactly what the coach has been talking about the whole time.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 135

Its sad that you say that walk-ons can't get the job done in major conferences. If I was Jeff Hornacek I would be insulted with this statement, considering he was a walk-on, he is ISU's all-time assist leader, he played 14 NBA seasons, and he was an NBA all-star.

Walk-ons don't make the world go around in major conferences uh...