Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I really found this a motivating read. Its kind of funny how they pick scores like 49-20 and have the nuts to call our offense "mediocre" and also say our WRs vs. their DBs is a "toss-up."

You will also find this post by jakalina very enlightening:

"What happened last year was a combination of things that usually do not happen in football games. Iowa loses their starting QB early and incurs several turnovers; many of them in Iowa's territory or near mid field. Iowa is forced out of their game plan. This combination is a recipe for losing. Under these conditions over half of the Division 1A teams would have beaten Iowa on that day.
    On the other hand, In the first quarter Iowa was gaining big yardage on the ground early. The Hawks were establishing a running game. Then things started to happen in Iowa State's favor (see above) and Iowa obliged.
    Iowa was a much better team than what their performance showed last year at ISU. It just was one of those games that come along once in a great while.
    I think many ISU fans are judging this years game based on last years results. This years game will be totally different than last years. Iowa will bring their "A" game, minimize turnovers (they'd better) and exert themselves physically and athletically. Iowa will win by at least 10 points, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks win by several touchdowns."

Heres the link for anybody else interested in reading some classic hawkshit. I will also post it on my blog so that we can look at it whenever we want after those poor bastards are leaving after the 3rd quarter.

http://mb25.scout.com/fiowafansfrm2.showMe...t=1&stop=20

God Bless America

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Good teams make things happen.

All-Star
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Do me a favor and post this article on here after we kick Iowa's *** on 9/16.

When all is said and done, more is said than done

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    What a moron. He says that the problem with our recievers is that they are all too big and have no speed. I seem to remember Blythe burning a lot of corners better than theirs last year and he also forgets Sumerall who is lighting quick and a top sprinter on the track team.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HGPuck &#064; 07&#045;06&#045;06 6&#58;22 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Do me a favor and post this article on here after we kick Iowa&#39;s *** on 9/16.
    [/b][/quote]

Dont worry...I plan on it. i kicked myself for not saving threads identical top this a year ago and I wont make the same mistake this time.

God Bless America

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HGPuck &#064; 07&#045;06&#045;06 6&#58;22 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Do me a favor and post this article on here after we kick Iowa&#39;s *** on 9/16.
    [/b][/quote]

When you post it here, also go and post it on the same Pukeye sobfest crybaby website that you got it from now. Then proceed to watch the meltdown. Puke bastards, I wouldn&#39;t **** on any of them if they were on fire.......................

Rookie
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    hawk fans are so right this team is bad 23-3 was a fluke those turnovers were lucky tate will win the heismen flowed by albert young and the rest of the hawkeye team. 50-17 is an understatement for a team like iowa who is coming off an amazing 7-5 season and a bowl loss to a mediocre florida team. ISU has a horrible offense meyer to blythe 18 times in the last two years better charish those moments you wont see that again stevie hicks being healthy doesnt matter he only helped the team to what a 5-0 record when he was at maybe 80% health for the game thats terrible i mena if iowa was in the big 12 and had ISU schedule this year theyed be 12-0 but being in the big bad mediocre 11 the poor hawks will struggle to go 7-5 again poor hawks its a rough life they never catch a break...enough sarcasm hawks suck and their fans are obviously dumber than a bocks of rocks...i just hope they dont cry too much when we beat hem 27-17 matter of fact i change my mind ill bring tissues they can cry all they want

dan k

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    obviously these kids are sniffing rubber cement. or maybe on lsd

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Half of the teams in Division 1 would beat Iowa that day? And they ended up in a January bowl game? I don&#39;t think half the teams in Division 1 could have given Tate the licking he did. It wasn&#39;t a fluke that Berryman hit him more times than Pierce is hitting it in the showers of the can. Don&#39;t forget Iowa fans how Tate got the concussion rather than just using it as an excuse once he got it. Man, I want to go tackle an Iowa fan.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Legend
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 501
    Given: 119
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;07&#045;06 12&#58;06 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> obviously these kids are sniffing rubber cement. or maybe on lsd [/b][/quote]

Let them talk their ****.....they did it last year, let them do it again this year. It just gives me an even better feeling after we beat them. But in all honesty, this is going to be a very good close game. But is this the game you are most looking forward too. Because another thing that get me about Iowa fans is that they think that we think of this game as our bowl game. I am looking more forward to the Nebraska game this year, and depending on how good the 1st part of our season goes, I would deffinetly look more forward to both Texas and Oklahoma then I would Iowa. I have never seen one team that is hated mroe by every other team in its conference then I have Iowa. Talk to the likes of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, and Purdue fans, they hate Iowa because of their classless fans. I was at a conference representing Iowa State in Minnesota last year after we beat Iowa, and I beat you I got thanked every 5 minutes for what we did too Iowa.

Legend
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 257
    I just dont get it. Like mentioned before, the whole reason Tate was taken out of the game is because of his stupidity. I saw on the Hawk site that they mentioned hes a Heisman candidate and ISU has none. Who really gives a rip. Heismans dont mean anything. There has been some much awesome talent to come out of teams that have never won a heisman. Its media fluff. As for their attacks on ISU&#39;s team, most of them were childish rants that have no grounds. Everyone of the comments screamed of the phrase " my team is better than your team, nana nana boo boo" I hate that. I think honestly think this years Iowa vs Iowa State game will be an excellent game and the win will be obtained by whoever wants it more. Honestly the state of Iowa should be happy they have 3 great football teams to be proud of. I realize that its fun to bash on hawks and they love to bash on us at this time, but realistically its anybodys game at this point.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 383
    what you have to realize is this; UofI fans remember that game the way he described it. they truely believe it, and you couldn&#39;t convince them otherwise.

I read the &#39;analysis&#39; yesterday and started to get upset, then i remembered this person thinks his memory of the game last year is factual. I started to calm down and laugh.

I really don&#39;t care who wins this years game, wait I do, but UofI fans are expecting a huge win. anything less than that I will remind them every chance I get, no matter who wins. For this is THEIR season for GREATNESS&#33;

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Ms. Nancy Clark and I shall be catching the contest on the telly as she nibbles on my strawberries...not quite sure who&#39;s cheeks will have more red....the kinnick faithful or Nancy...my buttered scribe slave.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeybrow &#064; 07&#045;07&#045;06 8&#58;50 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Ms. Nancy Clark and I shall be catching the contest on the telly as she nibbles on my strawberries...not quite sure who&#39;s cheeks will have more red....the kinnick faithful or Nancy...my buttered scribe slave. [/b][/quote]

Dude...we need to start a thread of all your nancy clark statements, print them off, buy a slot in the register and post them every day in that POS. that&#39;d be the greatest.

God Bless America

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 14
    They think they deserve to beat us every year. If we win it just makes the victory all the more righteous. &#092;m/