Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 301

It Won't Happen

CycloneReport.com - Big 12 re-alignment: not going to happen

Make no mistake: this conference is the Big 8, it is the Big 7, it is the Big 6. And the six charters members of the conference - Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma - deserve the most respect and reverence of all. Followed by Oklahoma State and Colorado. Without them, the Big 12 isn't. There will be no "booting" of schools from the Big 12. It's a conference that was meant to be in its current form, a conference where the charter members are the heart and soul of the league and its newest members are indebted greatly to those that took them in when they had no place else to go.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: It Won't Happen

I read the article a few days ago on cyclonereport and the made some good points as to why it won't happen. The point that seems to be left out is the fact that Iowa State and Baylor are at the top of the conference as far as acedemics go; texas is probably up there as well. But by far, the thing everyone seems to leave out in this discussion are the other sports the conference supports. Sure you can add TCU or Bosie State, but as far as I know, they suck at every other sport there is.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by SCNCY View Post
    I read the article a few days ago on cyclonereport and the made some good points as to why it won't happen. The point that seems to be left out is the fact that Iowa State and Baylor are at the top of the conference as far as acedemics go; texas is probably up there as well. But by far, the thing everyone seems to leave out in this discussion are the other sports the conference supports. Sure you can add TCU or Bosie State, but as far as I know, they suck at every other sport there is.
    Agree.

Pisses me off when people say we (ISU) don't belong in the Big 12. Maybe Duke and UNC should get booted from the ACC because they suck at football...

Just because we don't have a top 25 football team I guess some don't feel we belong. Give me a break are people really that dumb?

Enjoy.

Chile Mac is Back!
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 742

I actually prefer the previous paragraph:

The Big 12 is not the result of a merger between the old Big 8 and Southwest conferences. It's a result of the Big 8 expanding to take in four soon-to-be orphans from the old SWC, a conference ripped apart by prolific cheating and the mistrust and probations that went along with it. The SWC schools were powerless to stop cheating and needed an intervention to be saved from themselves. Only because the Big 8 membership threw life preservers to four SWC schools is the Big 12 here today. Those four schools benefited far more from the deal that was struck than any of the old Big 8 schools have. You're welcome.

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by DumbFan View Post
    Agree.

Pisses me off when people say we (ISU) don't belong in the Big 12. Maybe Duke and UNC should get booted from the ACC because they suck at football...

Just because we don't have a top 25 football team I guess some don't feel we belong. Give me a break are people really that dumb?
    Yes...people are that dumb. It is the success complex.

Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    I actually prefer the previous paragraph:
    What strikes me about that paragraph "were powerless to keep themselves from cheating"...really!? So basically we let 4 cheating teams into our conference and let them continue to do so?! Good job...

The only thing that needs to be changed is the revenue sharing, tv contract, and possibly a realignment of teams in the North/South...maybe to a East/West or fix the inter-conference scheduling. If we are part of the founders and are intergral to the Big 12...there is no reason we should be treated as poorly as we are.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by DumbFan View Post
    Agree.

Yes. People are beyond dumb. Even educated people are functionally ********. Look at politicians.

"Seven minutes to glory."

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrods79 View Post
    Yes...people are that dumb. It is the success complex.

What strikes me about that paragraph "were powerless to keep themselves from cheating"...really!? So basically we let 4 cheating teams into our conference and let them continue to do so?! Good job...

The only thing that needs to be changed is the revenue sharing, tv contract, and possibly a realignment of teams in the North/South...maybe to a East/West or fix the inter-conference scheduling. If we are part of the founders and are intergral to the Big 12...there is no reason we should be treated as poorly as we are.
    I agree the thing that pisses me off the most about the Big 12 is the lack of a tv contract similar to the Big 10. There is no reason in this day and age that every Iowa State game is not on tv.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by cyfreddy View Post
    I agree the thing that pisses me off the most about the Big 12 is the lack of a tv contract similar to the Big 10. There is no reason in this day and age that every Iowa State game is not on tv.

Big 12 network lets go, there is no reason why the confrence wont do it look at the money big 10 schools get

All-Star
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SCNCY View Post
    No kidding. I'm sure Boise State fans would flock to KC every year for their mens and womens basketball teams in the conference tournament. Can't wait to watch TCU come to Hilton for a wrestling match.

The fact of the matter is we've had a few down years with football/basketball and a few people with big mouths want to talk about mid-major teams joining a powerhouse conference because they have success in one sport for a few years. Based on this same logic, people would want to throw Oregon State out of the Pac 10 so Gonzaga can join or maybe Marquette should join the Big 10 instead of Northwestern.

The funny thing is how every team in the conference has had ups and downs in sports over the years/decades. How quickly we forget the late 90s/early 2000s when we were a national powerhouse in basketball and going bowling in football. No one seems to remember when KU and Mizzou were almost guaranteed wins for everyone in football and only "basketball" schools. The list goes on and on. Not just the Big 12, but every conference.