Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 6,107, Level: 23
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    howie71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48
    Points
    6,107
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    I was wondering if anyone out there has the best place to get the cheapest cyclone apparel. I wanted to buy a polo for the Cyclone/Duke game in Chicago and have found some for $45 but wanted to know of anything cheaper.
    Thanks for your help and GO CYCLONES!



  2. #2
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 495,176, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,569
    Points
    495,176
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 718
    Given: 2,848

    Re: Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    Strawberry Patch in the mall, and maybe Dogtown in Campustown are probably the most inexpensive. I think even Wal-Mart and Target have some options, but I don't know about polos. I'm pretty particular to Tailgate stuff, but it's pretty spendy.


    M 7/09

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 404,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,506
    Points
    404,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 390
    Given: 192

    Re: Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    Quote Originally Posted by howie71 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone out there has the best place to get the cheapest cyclone apparel. I wanted to buy a polo for the Cyclone/Duke game in Chicago and have found some for $45 but wanted to know of anything cheaper.
    Thanks for your help and GO CYCLONES!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Strawberry Patch in the mall, and maybe Dogtown in Campustown are probably the most inexpensive. I think even Wal-Mart and Target have some options, but I don't know about polos. I'm pretty particular to Tailgate stuff, but it's pretty spendy.
    I'd probably stick to the shirt shops in campustown or the bookstores. Yes, they might be a little more expensive, but you are also paying for better quality of clothing. Strawberry patch, has some weird colors and the clothing just seems alittle sketchy. Wal-mart, target, and hy-vee has some stuff, but also, just seems sketchy, cheap, and the colors are weird. I'd spend the extra few bucks and actually get a quality Polo.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    I'd probably stick to the shirt shops in campustown or the bookstores. Yes, they might be a little more expensive, but you are also paying for better quality of clothing. Strawberry patch, has some weird colors and the clothing just seems alittle sketchy. Wal-mart, target, and hy-vee has some stuff, but also, just seems sketchy, cheap, and the colors are weird. I'd spend the extra few bucks and actually get a quality Polo.
    This. Don't buy a cheap polo. Spend the money and look good. Scheels has the best selection on ISU polos.



  5. #5
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 495,176, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,569
    Points
    495,176
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 718
    Given: 2,848

    Re: Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    I'd probably stick to the shirt shops in campustown or the bookstores. Yes, they might be a little more expensive, but you are also paying for better quality of clothing. Strawberry patch, has some weird colors and the clothing just seems alittle sketchy. Wal-mart, target, and hy-vee has some stuff, but also, just seems sketchy, cheap, and the colors are weird. I'd spend the extra few bucks and actually get a quality Polo.
    I would agree with this - I don't personally get much besides Tailgate stuff because it's got the retro, high-quality appeal. If you're looking for flat-out cheapest, though, you have listed the places that would be best bets.


    M 7/09

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 185,477, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,335
    Points
    185,477
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 287

    Re: Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    This. Don't buy a cheap polo. Spend the money and look good. Scheels has the best selection on ISU polos.

    I was just going to say that.



  7. #7
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,664, Level: 26
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    AmesCloneFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    348
    Points
    7,664
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Re: Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    I'm partial to T. Galaxy on Welch. To answer your question, it's not the cheapest, but as was said before - get something nice!


    SOUTH CY'DERS!!!!!

  8. #8
    Prospect
    Points: 6,107, Level: 23
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    howie71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48
    Points
    6,107
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    Thanks for the replies. I have been looking online and had come to the conclusion that if you want something nice, you had better spend a few extra $$$ to get it. I appreciate the help for other places to look!



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,718, Level: 65
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cmoore_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    4,426
    Points
    44,718
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 21

    Re: Cheapest Place for Cyclone Apparel

    also somtimes u can get lucky at tj max


    Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

    ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM