Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1

Kansas Jayhawks

Joe's Blog: University of Kansas Basketball: A History of Cheating - Installment Two

kansas continues to be one of the dirtiest programs in college basketball

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Re: Kansas Jayhawks

I have believed for a long time that Bill Self routinely gets out coached. Living down here in the KC area, you hear whispers of stuff like this, but not much is said, and nobody wants to 'dig'. But, they sure did pile on Mizzou during the Quinn Snyder era though (and rightfully so).

KU by rule should have to forfeit the games Arthur was a part of. This is a great time line.

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 23

All I can say is wow, any non big time school would have the book thrown at them.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 6

OMG THEY FORGOT SOME STUFF:

-Sherron Collins RAPED A 40 YEAR OLD in an elevator.

- Xavier Henry was committed to Memphis until Kansas offered him to room with Chase Buford. Who is Chase Buford? The son of the GM of the San Antonio Spurs!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

- Marcus and Markieff Morris's mom moved to Lawrence, where she was IMMEDIATELY HANDED a job at First Managment!!! Who is First Management? THE OWNER IS ONE OF THE TOP BOOSTERS TO KU!!! OH MY GOD!!!

- Tyshawn Taylor and Marcus Morris were taking a GLORY RIDE in former player Scot Pollard's TRICKED OUT CHEVY TAHOE at 3 in the morning, definitely an ILLEGAL GIFT for which KU will get no punishment!!!

- Cole Aldrich called Sherron Collins his GIRLFRIEND!!! OH MY GOD, TOTALLY HOMOSEXUALS!!!!!

Anyone can exaggerate minor stories, or take half-truths, and make it look bad. Don't you think KSU and Mizzou fans have tried to dig a little deeper in some of this stuff? They tend to end up with a clownsuit on, like what happened to Kevin Keitzman a few weeks back.

- Even after KNOWING that Lucca Staiger played on a team of PROFESSIONALS who were PAID in Germany, Coach McDermott still recruits him to ISU UNDER THE FALSE PROMISE OF BEING ABLE TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY!!! (see how easy it is?)

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 48

Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post

- Xavier Henry was committed to Memphis until Kansas offered him to room with Chase Buford. Who is Chase Buford? The son of the GM of the San Antonio Spurs!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

- Marcus and Markieff Morris's mom moved to Lawrence, where she was IMMEDIATELY HANDED a job at First Managment!!! Who is First Management? THE OWNER IS ONE OF THE TOP BOOSTERS TO KU!!! OH MY GOD!!!

- Tyshawn Taylor and Marcus Morris were taking a GLORY RIDE in former player Scot Pollard's TRICKED OUT CHEVY TAHOE at 3 in the morning, definitely an ILLEGAL GIFT for which KU will get no punishment!!!

- Cole Aldrich called Sherron Collins his GIRLFRIEND!!! OH MY GOD, TOTALLY HOMOSEXUALS!!!!!

Anyone can exaggerate minor stories, or take half-truths, and make it look bad. Don't you think KSU and Mizzou fans have tried to dig a little deeper in some of this stuff? They tend to end up with a clownsuit on, like what happened to Kevin Keitzman a few weeks back.

- Even after KNOWING that Lucca Staiger played on a team of PROFESSIONALS who were PAID in Germany, Coach McDermott still recruits him to ISU UNDER THE FALSE PROMISE OF BEING ABLE TO PLAY RIGHT AWAY!!! (see how easy it is?)
    At least you aren't defensive.

st8

bottom line is that college basketball recruiting is one of the dirtiest businesses out there. everyone is violating the rules or trying to get an edge on signing a recruit in some way, the team that isn't is in last place. That's just the way it is, and until the NCAA grows a pair and does something about it then the trend will continue. Schools like KU will continue to be dominant programs with top recruiting classes every year, whether or not they do so ethically or by the rules.

a certain ISU basketball player, who's last name may or may not rhyme with panderspeakin, openly told a criminal justice class that I was in last year that michael beasley was paid 200k to attend KSU and that it is common knowledge in the NCAA community. I assume that the NCAA's mentality is that "if it ain't broke don't fix it". They (the NCAA) continues to make money, college basketball is a huge success on an enormous scale, and fixing the obvious problems with recruiting would only bring a storm of negative press down on their product, which they won't stand for.

my .02

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

So Tyrone Appleton turns down the good guys to ride the pine at KU for a year and then get kicked to the curb. There is a lesson in there somewhere for future recruits but they probably will never see the pattern.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 260

Actually that don't sound that bad. The KU boosters paying KU recruits sounds bad.

Now had you said ISU recruit Lucca Staiger was paid on a pro basketball team and played the first year he came over and the NCAA did nothing about it. It would sound more like Kansas.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

I bet Darell Arthur was really offended after someone read that to him.

Pro
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

they should have the championship taken away, just like how michigans "fab five" never technically existed

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by akclone View Post
    I bet Darell Arthur was really offended after someone read that to him.
    Just spit water all over my keyboard. Thanx.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    Actually that don't sound that bad. The KU boosters paying KU recruits sounds bad.

Now had you said ISU recruit Lucca Staiger was paid on a pro basketball team and played the first year he came over and the NCAA did nothing about it. It would sound more like Kansas.
    As far as I know, the Don Davis (booster) - Darnell Jackson thing was the main reason Kansas landed on probation for 3 years with a loss of scholarships. Seems like they were punished there. Everything else was not illegal. Folks have obviously looked into the the egregious items on this list, and no one has come up with any cases where KU was punished less than another team in similar circumstances.

My main point is that you should read most of this list with a big grain of salt. And I don't know why every loss KU has ever had is on there. It seems kind of silly, considering you could make a longer list for 99% of schools. Basically, someone had too much time on their hands and made a list full of half-truths and exaggerations. And you're fooling yourself if you don't think people haven't tried to dive into this stuff to find violations. When the big Arthur story was blowing up, the guy at the Dallas paper trying to break open a huge scandal ended up looking like a moron, if I recall correctly. Same with Keitzman a couple weeks ago.

MCMW

Recruit
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

The revolving door of "coaches" that are added to their staff is ridiculous. I would put Self in the same breath as Calipari. It's unfortunate these guys continue to get high profile jobs, but winning is everything in the NCAA.

I wonder which dad/AAU coach will be their next basketball of operations...for 2-3 years anyway.

st8

Quote Originally Posted by jsheep View Post
    The revolving door of "coaches" that are added to their staff is ridiculous. I would put Self in the same breath as Calipari. It's unfortunate these guys continue to get high profile jobs, but winning is everything in the NCAA.

I wonder which dad/AAU coach will be their next basketball of operations...for 2-3 years anyway.
    hopefully no one who is in any way connected to harrison barnes!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 867
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post

The car thing with Pollard has truth to it and you forgot one Collins also got into college after only getting a 12 on his ACT's.

Kyle S. Flander