Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Call me crazy, but I think we might see this starting lineup at some point next year:

1 - C. McIntosh

2 - M. Taylor

3 - W. Johnson

3.5 - R. Clark

5 - J. Hubalek

I really think Wesley is going to come in and have a HUGE impact. I realize Rahshon is NOT a 4, so notice I put him at a 3.5 :-) At 6-6, 210 pounds, Rahson is going to have a tough time guarding 4's, but I figure he's athletic enough be a solid rebounder, ala Stevie Johnson. Yes, I know Stevie was a tough son of a gun and there arn't many like him, but he was extremely undersized for the position he defended and had to rely on good fundamentals and a quick jump to get boards and battle down low defensively. I've always been impressed with Rahshon's ability to fly in and get his hands on boards. With added weight and strength, I think he get do an OK job if he has to rebounding down low. On offense, he doesn't need to stay down low. He needs to rotate between floating around mid-range and stepping out for spot up 3 pointers. This would create matchup problems for whichever opposing 4 that would be guarding him.

Back to Wesley, I think he can be another 2 guard for us, I really think he's that talented, with the ability to guard the other teams' top threat and also do some things Rahson does well such as flying in for rebounds, putbacks, and blocks.

I think Jiri will start because of his scoring ability but dang I hope GMAC get instill some defensive-worth ethic in him and straighten out his attitude. Jiri also needs to be taught to stay down low! - especially if Rahshon is playing the "4," Jiri's really going to have to be a low post presense. If he can't do that, I hope Ross or somebody can, or else we're in deep shiz.

Marsden will sub the 5, Gray the 3 and 4, and Dodie the 2 (I don't know if he's ready to be a backup PG, but that's just opinion) and C. Johnson the 4. You people that think he's going to be a 3; I just can't see it. He's got a good outside shot but he will gain weight and strength and it's obvious to me his best skills are around the hoop, so PF is where he needs to grow at ISU.

Outlook: There's no question our lost post game will be an area of concern like last year. I'm going to wait to see the exhibition games to see just how much weight and strength Jiri and Ross have gained. I think Cory J. will have a solid freshman year for us down low and Jessan will occasionally backup there, but in all, will it be enough?

To me, our guards will be very solid. We've had some good luck with transfer/JUCO guards and I have a good feeling Mike and CMAC will make a big splash in the Big 12. Dodie reminds me of Brandon Hawkins, only a better long range shooter. Brandon was a solid sub for our Elite 8 team, so if Dodie can do what he did, I'll be satisfied.

This whole post is me being bored in the summer thinking about BB season.

(This is posted on CF and CN, just to get some more opinions) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

ANF - America Needs Farmers - Thank God Iowa State produces-educates-supports them!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    You&#39;re crazy&#33;

Seneca Wallace.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kyle &#064; 07&#045;06&#045;06 2&#58;08 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> You&#39;re crazy&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

Haha I agree. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

ANF - America Needs Farmers - Thank God Iowa State produces-educates-supports them!

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    you are mentally unsafe

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; 07&#045;06&#045;06 4&#58;23 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> you are mentally unsafe [/b][/quote]

ssss well I don&#39;t know about that... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Somebody get the straightjacket&#33;&#33;&#33;

On a serious note, I think that it could definately happen. it si a very, very athletic lineup and if implememented at the right time and used the right way, we could create some serious points in transition, not unlike last year when we were doing good. But it wont happen very often I dont think, because when Rahshon and Wesley are on the floor at the same time, i dont think Mike Taylor will be.

God Bless America

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    1. C.Mac / Taylor

2. Taylor / Dunson

3. Clark / W.Johnson

4. Jiri / Gray / C.Johnson

5. Marsden / Jiri

I think we are pretty locked at 1-2-3. The 4 and 5 position will be somewhat of a tossup but you have to give the position to jiri and ross considering they started down low last year. Gray doesn&#39;t really like the low post and cory johnson is a freshman. I don&#39;t know.

Starter
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1
    I&#39;ve never seen Wesley Johnson play, but I have a tough time seeing him in the starting line-up.

I also don&#39;t think Rashon would be willing to play PF. You can call it a 3.5 position, but he&#39;s going to have to guard guys 4-5inches taller and 30lbs heavier on a nightly basis. Sure Rashon&#39;s at ISU to get an education, but his primary goal is to prepare himself for the NBA. He isn&#39;t going to the NBA as a PF and probably not even as a SF. Rashon&#39;s going to want to play on the perimeter to show-off his jumper and ballhandling.

I also have a tough time believing Marsden will start. Maybe&#39;s he&#39;s improved a ton over last season, but he just wasn&#39;t productive in the minutes he played- 2 ppg & 2 rpg. If ISU is going to be a good team Jessan Gray or Cory Johnson will probably need to step up. I see Marsden as a guy who might be able to come off the bench and rebound, screen and hit an occasional jumper.

I do think Wesley Johnson has a chance to get pretty good minutes- we have 120 mpg to spread out between McIntosh, Taylor, Clark, Dunson & Johnson so G-Mac can play whoever is hot on any given night.

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    All I can say is Wes J will be seeing plenty of minutes from what I&#39;ve seen. Its funny how there wasn&#39;t much on him when we first recruited him... but he&#39;s been looking amazing this summer and I&#39;m glad we&#39;ve got him as a Cyclone&#33;

Prospect
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Based on what I&#39;ve seen at Capital City, you&#39;re not at all crazy for wanting Wesley J to start, but you might be a bit insane for wanting Jiri to start.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Right now, I&#39;d take your lineup, replace Jiri with Jessan and perhaps hope Jiri gets declared ineligible (well, not really, but I&#39;m not at all happy with him at the moment). And Jiri was my favorite returning post player heading into the off-season due to what I saw in terms of offensive skills. However, he&#39;s just looking way too soft, doesn&#39;t have a good attitude and makes too many bad decisions. I wouldn&#39;t at all mind seeing Wesley J, Jessan and Cory J get some minutes at the expense of Jiri unless he really starts to buckle down. What&#39;s the point of being almost 7&#39; tall if you play strictly the perimeter and never go after rebounds? Sure, his height helps him to get his perimeter shot off more easily, but even that is to our disadvantage. If we&#39;re going to be overmatched inside irregardless, we might as well go with the best player over the best height and hope those opposing big slugs pick up fouls trying to keep up with our little guys when we are on offense.

Starter
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1
    [quote name=&#39;statman&#39; date=&#39;07-06-06 9:23 pm&#39; post=&#39;13232&#39;] Based on what I&#39;ve seen at Capital City....

I wouldn&#39;t put a whole lot of emphasis on players Cap City performances. It&#39;s nice to see future Cyclones out on the court, but an organized game with actual defense is a whole different story. There are players that look all-world in these summer leagues and then hardly sniff the court during the regular season.

We&#39;ve seen Jiri play in actual Big 12 games and held his own. At the end of the season he was by far ISU&#39;s best post player and gave great effort. His shot selection was a bit suspect at times, but not horrible. I doubt Jiri&#39;s abilities have regressed. I&#39;m sure Jiri will be just fine under G-Mac&#39;s coaching and I&#39;m not losing any sleep over his play in the Cap City League.

IMO its more important for guys like Gray and Marsden who weren&#39;t consistent or that productive last season to step up in the Cap City league.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    I agree that you can&#39;t glean too much from the capital city league, but you can tell who has talent. I don&#39;t doubt that Jiri can play in the Big 12, I just don&#39;t know how his attitude (which seem noticeably worse than last year) is going to fit into GMac&#39;s system. I hope I am wrong and Jiri gets things figured out before this coming season. Wesley Johnson seems to have quite a bit of talent, whether that translates into doing really well in the Big 12 right away I don&#39;t know. I think and hope that this class will make a difference on this team right away. They seem like they will, but only time will tell. I like their chances so far&#33;

Walk On Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    I like the first post&#33;&#33; Maybe a little crazy. I also think that Hubalek is going to have a great year. With a little polishing he will be one of the best post players we have had in a while. Yes, for some reason I am biased towards him, but I do think he has a ton of potential and will thrive under McDermott.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I really like Jiri&#39;s game and am dumbfounded whenever someone says something negative about Jiri or says Ross should start over Jiri. Hubalek is miles ahead of Ross based on last year&#39;s play. Look at the stats:

Name - Avg Min - Scoring Avg - FG Pct - Rebound Avg - TO

Jiri - 20.2 - 8.6 - 51.5% - 3.9 - 31

Ross - 22.7 - 2.7 - 53.2% - 2.7 - 13

The only stat in which Ross was clearly better than Jiri is turnovers, but that&#39;s not surprising given that Jiri is much more aggressive than Ross. Besides 1.0 turnovers/game isn&#39;t that bad. Fizer averaged 2.5 turnovers/game during his freshman year.

I like both players and they are only going to get better.

Starter
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 10
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloned 4 Life &#064; 07&#045;06&#045;06 1&#58;50 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    1 - C. McIntosh

2 - M. Taylor

3 - W. Johnson

3.5 - R. Clark

5 - J. Hubalek

[/b][/quote]

One thing you gotta remember is there&#39;s not too many good 4s in the Big 12...Boggans (OSU), Wright(KU) and Jones (aTm), and after that it drops off quickly. So i can see us going with a lineup like this against teams like Mizzou, CU, K-State, Nebraska, OU, Baylor, and maybe Texas.

Bottom line is i think the lineup will be a work in progress, and i think we&#39;ll see some platoon starters at the 4 and 5 position, depending on who we&#39;re playing and how they&#39;re practicing.

"It's just another gym" -- Jamaal Tinsley, on playing at Phog Allen Fieldhouse