Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 18,843, Level: 41
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    BCforISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,127
    Points
    18,843
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

    Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    I will preface this story with I don't have kids.

    My wife and I were in Walmart tonight looking for costumes for this weekend. We were in the toys section and noticed a couple of boys probably around 12 years old. They were taking children's books and throwing them at eachother. When I walked in their direction they tried to walk away. There were no parents around and there were about 10 books laying in the isle. I looked at one of the boys and said, "you gonna pick those up since you are having so much fun throwing them around?" The boy took the smile off his face and put them back on the shelf.
    Of course my wife walked away completely embarassed by me, but I didn't care, really ticked me off. I know, I was in Walmart, what should I expect. Just can't stand seeing kids with no sense, don't get me wrong, I was a terror when I was a kid, but my dad would have wooped me good if he had seen me do that.

    Any one else have similar moments? My wife said she was worried what their parents would say to me, I say, if the parents have a problem with it, they need to grow up and take responsibilty!



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 135,716, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    clones_jer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    8,337
    Points
    135,716
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    similar moments when I yelled at a random kid in Walmart? no. not even at Target.



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer drunkincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    276
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    I like your style. My father only had to hit me once at a young age to learn right from wrong.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 19,308, Level: 42
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    crash_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tiffin, IA
    Posts
    1,626
    Points
    19,308
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Good job. Kids today.....some of them are something else.



  5. #5
    st8
    Guest

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    I'm a social worker at a residential juvenile treatment facility. I wish my kids were just throwing books!



  6. #6
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    22,990
    Points
    302,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 706

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Back in the day (not that long ago), it wouldn't be that uncommon for an adult to talk to kids who were misbehaving. If parents don't like it they should watch their kids.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 18,843, Level: 41
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    BCforISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,127
    Points
    18,843
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by clones_jer View Post
    similar moments when I yelled at a random kid in Walmart? no. not even at Target.
    No, similar at any location/event.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 81,577, Level: 88
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,738
    Points
    81,577
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 104

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Less words... more drop kicks to their domes!
    I dont have kids either, but you are the kid of person that should have kids. Not the lazy,good fer-nuthin parents today. Bad/lazy parenting is why kids are so F'd up today. that and they only can hang out with kids that also have really bad parents.

    More parents should be like Clint Eastwood in Gran Tourino


    #BEATIOWA

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 31,554, Level: 54
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    06Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,745
    Points
    31,554
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    looking for costumes for this weekend. We were in the toys section
    Well this is your first problem..



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 18,843, Level: 41
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    BCforISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,127
    Points
    18,843
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by 06Panther View Post
    Well this is your first problem..
    Nice, going as golfers, wanted a little plastic set, instead of carrying our putters around all night, no luck though.



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer drunkincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    276
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by BCforISU View Post
    Nice, going as golfers, wanted a little plastic set, instead of carrying our putters around all night, no luck though.
    Check Target...



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 29,565, Level: 52
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,508
    Points
    29,565
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by BCforISU View Post
    I will preface this story with I don't have kids.

    My wife and I were in Walmart tonight looking for costumes for this weekend. We were in the toys section and noticed a couple of boys probably around 12 years old. They were taking children's books and throwing them at eachother. When I walked in their direction they tried to walk away. There were no parents around and there were about 10 books laying in the isle. I looked at one of the boys and said, "you gonna pick those up since you are having so much fun throwing them around?" The boy took the smile off his face and put them back on the shelf.
    Of course my wife walked away completely embarassed by me, but I didn't care, really ticked me off. I know, I was in Walmart, what should I expect. Just can't stand seeing kids with no sense, don't get me wrong, I was a terror when I was a kid, but my dad would have wooped me good if he had seen me do that.

    Any one else have similar moments? My wife said she was worried what their parents would say to me, I say, if the parents have a problem with it, they need to grow up and take responsibilty!
    I would have done the same thing, but a lot of kids wouldn't do what those kids did (put them back), instead they might lip back, laugh at you, etc.


    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
    – Norman Thomas, American socialist and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 155,562, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,582
    Points
    155,562
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 137

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    All people not just kids should be scolded just for entering Wal-Mart.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 18,843, Level: 41
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    BCforISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,127
    Points
    18,843
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by CyPride View Post
    I would have done the same thing, but a lot of kids wouldn't do what those kids did (put them back), instead they might lip back, laugh at you, etc.
    Agreed, I was impressed he picked them up, kind of proud of the little guy, have a feeling he went 5 rows down and started throwing something else though.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 18,843, Level: 41
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    BCforISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,127
    Points
    18,843
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

    Re: Scolded some kids in Walmart tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    All people not just kids should be scolded just for entering Wal-Mart.


    Tried Goodwill first, they didn't have much.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM