Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Nebraska shakes up it's WR corp

FYI, as everyone in the North is now in the mix to win the Big 12 North:

HCBP said during the Big 12 Monday teleconference that the offense needed a spark and details of that spark is beginning to leak out:

Life in the Red's Blog | Khiry Cooper makes his move

One interesting declaration by offensive coordinator Shawn Watson after Tuesday's practice: He said redshirt freshman wide receiver Khiry Cooper will start at the "X" position on Saturday against Baylor.
    Personally, i'm glad to hear that Bo is taking a hands on approach to the offense. Heck, if it even means getting advice from Tom Osborne, whatever it takes to get the offense going over these final 4 or 5 games.

HuskerExtra.com - Lincoln, Nebraska - Football

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini’s defense obviously is in very good shape, ranked eighth nationally in average yards allowed (266.4) and fifth in points allowed (11.4).

Does that mean he can turn more of his attention to Nebraska’s struggling offense?

“I’m trying to,” he said Wednesday, pausing a moment. “It’s a matter of me trying to figure out that aspect of it. But you know, I have capable guys on offense.

“Like I’ve said before, where I add my two cents is more in what I see from the opponent’s defense, where I think we can attack them — that type of thing.”

Pelini isn’t saying if Zac Lee or Cody Green will start at quarterback Saturday. But make no mistake about who makes the final decision.

“I’m responsible for everything,” he said.
    Looks like Bo is serious about giving the offense a jump start as redshirt freshman Steven Osborne (no relation to TO) and Tim Marlowe are in the mix to start at the other WR spot this weekend @ Baylor.

Edit: Please note that i'm only posting this as i'm well aware that the Big 12 North is wide open for several teams to win. I'm not out to burn bridges, but just post updates from what I read out of Husker Camp.

Last edited by garn91; 10-28-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 242

Re: Nebraska shakes up it's WR corp

Since we won, im sure there will be very few with a problem about posting about Nebraska. The Big Red will have no problem with BU this weekend, probable shutout.

#BEATIOWA