Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 30

Can't get enough....

I'm likely giving myself some 'feel good' overkill as I scour for more stories about State but it's just great to finally know we absolutely got the right man for the job! I love these quotes from Brandtner in the Omaha World Herald:

“It's really fun and exciting to play for a guy like that, that cares so much and is as passionate for football as he is,” Iowa State punter Mike Brandtner said. “You can just tell in his voice when he talks, his demeanor. When he coaches us on the field, he's always running up and down the field with us. It's just, it's really an honor to be able to play for him.”

“The passion he has, the fire in his eyes before games. The way he emotionally speaks to us before and after games. He really, really makes you feel like he cares about this program,” Brandtner said. “That's something that really rubs off on all his players.”

Here's the link to the article:

Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald: Sports - Football: Cyclone players thriving on coach's fire

GO STATE!!

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Re: Can't get enough....

i feel the same way

All-Star
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Knowing full well that I'm going to get crucified for this, I'll ask it anyway...

Does anyone else think that our fan base is overreacting a little bit to this whole Nebraska win/lockerroom video thing?

Don't get me wrong -- I'm as happy as anyone to get a win on the road (especially in Lincoln) and think CPR will prove to be a great hire. I, too, think it's refreshing to see a coach with some sincere passion for the game, his school, and his players.

However, you'd think we just won a national championship and landed the #1 recruiting class in the country the way some people on here are responding...

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by isunorth View Post
    Knowing full well that I'm going to get crucified for this, I'll ask it anyway...

Does anyone else think that our fan base is overreacting a little bit to this whole Nebraska win/lockerroom video thing?

Don't get me wrong -- I'm as happy as anyone to get a win on the road (especially in Lincoln) and think CPR will prove to be a great hire. I, too, think it's refreshing to see a coach with some sincere passion for the game, his school, and his players.

However, you'd think we just won a national championship and landed the #1 recruiting class in the country the way some people on here are responding...

The Cyclone Fanbase has a reason to be excited...which it has been about 3 years in the waiting. Let us be exicted, sure we will probably fall flat on our faces at some point, but right now let people enjoy it.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    The Cyclone Fanbase has a reason to be excited...which it has been about 3 years in the waiting. Let us be exicted, sure we will probably fall flat on our faces at some point, but right now let people enjoy it.
    Not saying anyone shouldn't enjoy it. I'm enjoying it myself....just a little more conservatively than others, apparently.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

Last edited by Wesley; 10-28-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

Not at all..It's a big deal.

After last year, we are totally exceeding expectations and that is the team and Rhoads.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 24

Keep this stuff coming...love it!!

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 116

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    I know what you are saying. Our [over] reactions are warranted if we get another win or two. If we drop the last four... we definitely overreacted.

Starter
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I myself am very competitive and hate losing, I as a Cyclone fan have been losing, I hate it. Beating Nebraska in Lincoln with a first time freshman starter and a freshman runningback. We had better get excited, if that don't nothing will. Change teams, Iowa would probably take you. Don't for one second tell these players who have been through hell the last 3years and CPR who loves this school to not overreact. Are you kidding me. These guys work all year for 12 game days and you think they shouldn't get excited or even the fans? Unbelievable!!!

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by moforisu View Post
    I myself am very competitive and hate losing, I as a Cyclone fan have been losing, I hate it. Beating Nebraska in Lincoln with a first time freshman starter and a freshman runningback. We had better get excited, if that don't nothing will. Change teams, Iowa would probably take you. Don't for one second tell these players who have been through hell the last 3years and CPR who loves this school to not overreact. Are you kidding me. These guys work all year for 12 game days and you think they shouldn't get excited or even the fans? Unbelievable!!!
    I'm not talking about the players or the coach overreacting. I'm talking about fans who are watching that video 100 times/day, talking about making it part of our entrance video, and demanding that it be part of ISU's recruiting pitch.

I love the video as much as the next guy. I guess I'd rather let our play on the field define our program/coach/season/players instead of some youtube sensation.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 26

Everyone felt the same way about Mac for a while, and then he lost a bunch for a few years, and people were ready to burn him at the stake.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Speechless
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 38

Are we overreacting to the video and the passion that we have in our coach? No, we have had no passion for 2 years.

Are we overreacting to the win? Possibly. It was a big win, no doubt and we deserved the win. We made the plays in order to win. What I think we have to remember is that Nebraska is not a world beater this year. It was a HUGE win in what it means outside of win-loss. It means this team is learning how to win. It means coach Rhoads has this team mentally prepared for every possession. To that I don't think we can overreact.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

Quote Originally Posted by brianhos View Post
    Everyone felt the same way about Mac for a while, and then he lost a bunch for a few years, and people were ready to burn him at the stake.
    The nature of the beast. Roman Caesars had similar issues...

Hard not to compare the two, but I think Coach Rhoads is a lot different man than Dan McCarney. Let's just say Rhoads was the class Valedicotrian for a reason! I don't think Mac probably was.

Last edited by Bobber; 10-28-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I'm not talking about the players or the coach overreacting. I'm talking about fans who are watching that video 100 times/day, talking about making it part of our entrance video, and demanding that it be part of ISU's recruiting pitch.

I love the video as much as the next guy. I guess I'd rather let our play on the field define our program/coach/season/players instead of some youtube sensation.
    Did you ever play sports? If not, I can't explain it to you. In this day and age of big time money to have a coach who treats the team and school the way CPR does is unheard of. A coach with feelings for his players and not afraid to show it. Thats why it's a sensation on youtube. Why wouldn't you want recruites to see it? Thats what they would be getting, and I think mom and dad woulld love it. I as a fan feel like a player. I've been a State fan for over 40 years and seeing that much passion and commitment is just what this school needs.