Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 4,611, Level: 19
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    lars4isu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    26
    Points
    4,611
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    I have always said that the NU game is the most important to us clone fans and this proves it. The skawk fan are always ribbing us that the ISU/IA game is "our superbowl" or whatever crap they talk but I always tell them that is is nice when we win but the most important game to us is the Nebraska game. It is a conference game and means the most to us personally. Missouri and KU are also a teams we dislike and all wins are good but NU takes the cake. The problem is that we do not win it very often which makes last Saturday awesome. Great job to the Team and Coach Rhoads!!!!!



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    I look at it like this....Next weeks game will be the most important, and after that the next weeks game will be the most important. TAKE EACH WEEKS GAME ONE AT A TIME!!


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,433, Level: 74
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,351
    Points
    58,433
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by lars4isu View Post
    I have always said that the NU game is the most important to us clone fans and this proves it. The skawk fan are always ribbing us that the ISU/IA game is "our superbowl" or whatever crap they talk but I always tell them that is is nice when we win but the most important game to us is the Nebraska game. It is a conference game and means the most to us personally. Missouri and KU are also a teams we dislike and all wins are good but NU takes the cake. The problem is that we do not win it very often which makes last Saturday awesome. Great job to the Team and Coach Rhoads!!!!!
    If Iowa State was going to go 1-11, I would still pick the the Iowa game as that 1 win. I'd prefer that over Nebraska in that scenario.

    I'd be willing to bet that under that scenario, about 80% of Iowa State fans would choose Iowa. Similarly, I bet 70% of Iowa fans would pick ISU with about 20% Wisky and 10% Minnesota.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 97,473, Level: 97
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,882
    Points
    97,473
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by clone52 View Post
    If Iowa State was going to go 1-11, I would still pick the the Iowa game as that 1 win. I'd prefer that over Nebraska in that scenario.

    I'd be willing to bet that under that scenario, about 80% of Iowa State fans would choose Iowa. Similarly, I bet 70% of Iowa fans would pick ISU with about 20% Wisky and 10% Minnesota.
    you're wrong. most iowa fans would pick ohio state or michigan. you are right about the percentage for ISU fans though.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 38,006, Level: 60
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU_phoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    1,867
    Points
    38,006
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    I love the celebration and excitement we get over having just won in Lincoln. I am a little nervous, however, that everything associted with the Nebraska game might make the team not as focused on A&M as they need to be.

    I trust Coach to get these guys re-focused on the bigger picture and season goals, moving all their attention to A&M, but I hope the guys can emotionally gear up for the game. It might be a little tough after last weekend's events.

    Losing to A&M wouldn't be the end of the world, but if we go and don't even play well (without effort or passion), that would be a big disappointment after the momentum we made for ourselves in Lincoln.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 84,338, Level: 90
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,212
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,095
    Points
    84,338
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 0

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    If we went 1-11 in any given season, I would want us to beat Nebraska every time.

    That is all.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 484,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,028
    Points
    484,111
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 98

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    you're wrong. most iowa fans would pick ohio state or michigan. you are right about the percentage for ISU fans though.
    Except Iowa doesn't play them every year...


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 97,473, Level: 97
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,882
    Points
    97,473
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Except Iowa doesn't play them every year...
    and iowa fans can't pick the one win they'd get in a season either. what is your point? it s all hypothetical.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 15,142, Level: 37
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    jtaconutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    493
    Points
    15,142
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Winning in Lincoln was the best win of the decade for me, but I am old and hold grudges.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 11,681, Level: 32
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Benny34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    757
    Points
    11,681
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by clone52 View Post
    If Iowa State was going to go 1-11, I would still pick the the Iowa game as that 1 win. I'd prefer that over Nebraska in that scenario.

    I'd be willing to bet that under that scenario, about 80% of Iowa State fans would choose Iowa. Similarly, I bet 70% of Iowa fans would pick ISU with about 20% Wisky and 10% Minnesota.
    I am not sure I agree, I am from western Iowa and most of my friends would say Nebraska for sure. I would guess from my small sample (maybe this is my problem) but that it would be closer to 80% Nebraska. Of course since most of our fans are closer to Iowa than Nebraska geographicly then I would say slightly in Iowas favor but more to the tune of 60/40 maybe even closer to 50/50



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    C.B.
    Posts
    129
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by jtaconutz View Post
    Winning in Lincoln was the best win of the decade for me, but I am old and hold grudges.
    +1

    If we went 1-11, I would want the win against Nebraska every time.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 66,183, Level: 79
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Rogue52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    5,751
    Points
    66,183
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 1

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    I'd rather we just win 'em all. But honestly, this victory was sweeter than Iowa 2005 which was probably the biggest victory of the series.

    So, I agree. Beating Nebraska in Lincoln is sweeter.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,941, Level: 63
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,458
    Points
    42,941
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 149

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
    I am not sure I agree, I am from western Iowa and most of my friends would say Nebraska for sure. I would guess from my small sample (maybe this is my problem) but that it would be closer to 80% Nebraska. Of course since most of our fans are closer to Iowa than Nebraska geographicly then I would say slightly in Iowas favor but more to the tune of 60/40 maybe even closer to 50/50

    I agree, pluse Nebraska has a better tradition....well not lately but the Hawk fans hate hearing that NU has the better program and vice versa.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 467,831, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,644
    Points
    467,831
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 325

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue52 View Post
    I'd rather we just win 'em all. But honestly, this victory was sweeter than Iowa 2005 which was probably the biggest victory of the series.

    So, I agree. Beating Nebraska in Lincoln is sweeter.
    Looking forward to that day. With CPR that day could be closer than ever...

    (By the way, it's nice that you now have a positive signature pic instead of the negative one)


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 92,301, Level: 94
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 849
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,394
    Points
    92,301
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 15

    Re: NU Win is the Best Win of the season

    NU is our best win this season I think that's obvious.

    That said, if we went 1-11 I could care less what team we beat, because our team would be terrible.

    Did any of you guys enjoy the 2007 season? God knows I didn't



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM