Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: A&M Breakdown

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 68,849, Level: 81
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,348
    Points
    68,849
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 16

    A&M Breakdown

    What a freaky team. Get drilled by KSU. Turn around and drill Tech in Lubbock? Over 300 yards rushing?

    Someone give us a good A&M breakdown. I see LV has them an 8 point favorite at home over the good guys.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 385,673, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,591
    Points
    385,673
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 409
    Given: 281

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    I think we can get em, but it comes down to AA, AR and our def stepping up like they did at Nebby, if not more. If they bring their D game plan for Neb with them with the quick hands for TO's it should help emensely, because A&M will have the ball alot with the pass gaining yards.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 185,223, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,312
    Points
    185,223
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 248

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    Texas AM is a SCARY team for ISU to try to beat. The teams that we have beaten this year are ones that struggle on offense greatly. Teams that play well on offense we have lost to.

    Texas AM can really move the ball. We will have to control the ball the entire game and have our second straight game without a turnover to have a chance.

    Our offense can not expect to put up 9 points again and win. If we have AA and AROB we could have a solid chance at winning.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 73,923, Level: 84
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 927
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    6,522
    Points
    73,923
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 13

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    jerrod johnson is very good.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 61,184, Level: 76
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    sdillon500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    northern california
    Posts
    1,293
    Points
    61,184
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    I think this will be another shootout, similar to the Kansas game. Hopefully AA & A-Rob will be back for the game, because our offense was pretty anemic Saturday without those two (a lot of credit goes to the NU defense, of course).

    Anyone know what Texas Tech's front seven is like this year? A&M put up over 300 yards of rushing against them, hopefully ISU can slow them down.


    www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 53,851, Level: 71
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,296
    Points
    53,851
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 30

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    A&M is the exact opposite of NU. Very good on offense, terrible on defense.

    This is a game I don't see ISU winning. They just killed ISU last year, doing whatever they wanted on offense. The game in Ames last year was the one that convinced me that Bolt had to go.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 166,669, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,323
    Points
    166,669
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 830

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    A&M is the exact opposite of NU. Very good on offense, terrible on defense.

    This is a game I don't see ISU winning. They just killed ISU last year, doing whatever they wanted on offense. The game in Ames last year was the one that convinced me that Bolt had to go.
    We had probably the worst pass rush of the year against them last season if I remember correctly.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 28,432, Level: 51
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    mizouse87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,741
    Points
    28,432
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    A&M is the exact opposite of NU. Very good on offense, terrible on defense.

    This is a game I don't see ISU winning. They just killed ISU last year, doing whatever they wanted on offense. The game in Ames last year was the one that convinced me that Bolt had to go.
    last year is last year. They may have a good offense but they have a terrible defense and our offense is far from terrible.



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    i posted this in another thread, but...

    one of our major weaknesses is our OL. the whole year they have been questionable at best to horrific (vs ksu, arkansas). @ texas tech last weekend our OL played the best they have in at least a couple years. it would be surprising to see them duplicate that performance, but it would be surprising to see them drop back down to horrific.

    if our OL is allowing our RBs to run, then our O is humming. i havent seen the tech game yet, but it seems like we were incorporating a lot more "quick hitters" in the passing game.

    we should have our best WR back, Jeff Fuller. He broke his fibula earlier in the year and played a couple snaps last weekend.

    on D, some good, some bad. our DL is inconsistent, theyll go a stretch where you cant run on them, then theyll go a stretch where you could crawl through the holes. im sure yall will focus on slowing down Von Miller.

    our LBs are young and tend to hit the wrong gaps, their athletic and will make some plays though.

    our DBs are hit or miss. they have dropped so many INTs, especially around the goal line. start a true fish & so at CB.

    our punting game is terrible & our FG kicker is solid.

    our other major weakness is our youth. we played 18 true fish last weekend @ tech. a majority of them played @ ksu. well, you know what happened the last 2 weekends with us, and our youth has a major part in that.

    all in all, dont be surprised if we come out firing on all cylinders. but dont be shocked if we come out wondering what a football is.
    Anyone know what Texas Tech's front seven is like this year? A&M put up over 300 yards of rushing against them
    techs front 7 is probably the best we have seen this year. they were top10 in the nation in sacks, but we somehow held them to 1. i think they were trying to let their DL do all the work and we killed them with draws.
    They may have a good offense but they have a terrible defense and our offense is far from terrible.
    our D is definitely not great, but i think our numbers are skewed due to some of the Offenses we have faced (tech #4, okla st #30, arkansas #31, utah st #25)

    - A&M fan


    Last edited by OasisMan; 10-26-2009 at 11:19 AM.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 269,339, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,452
    Points
    269,339
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 19

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    Texas AM is a SCARY team for ISU to try to beat. The teams that we have beaten this year are ones that struggle on offense greatly. Teams that play well on offense we have lost to.

    Texas AM can really move the ball. We will have to control the ball the entire game and have our second straight game without a turnover to have a chance.

    Our offense can not expect to put up 9 points again and win. If we have AA and AROB we could have a solid chance at winning.

    This...they will score points so we need to be able to as well. While I liked our chances in this game alot a couple weeks ago, I'm not so confident now. Especially with a best case scenario of an injured AA an ARob on the field.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 334,917, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,729
    Points
    334,917
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    Gonna get a great measuring stick for our our defense this week. Last week, our offensive line was measured and IMO, stood tall. This week, we'll see if our defense can do good things against an offense with a pulse.

    Can't give up over 40 as we did against KU and expect to win.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 385,673, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,591
    Points
    385,673
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 409
    Given: 281

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by OasisMan View Post
    i posted this in another thread, but...

    one of our major weaknesses is our OL. the whole year they have been questionable at best to horrific (vs ksu, arkansas). @ texas tech last weekend our OL played the best they have in at least a couple years. it would be surprising to see them duplicate that performance, but it would be surprising to see them drop back down to horrific.

    if our OL is allowing our RBs to run, then our O is humming. i havent seen the tech game yet, but it seems like we were incorporating a lot more "quick hitters" in the passing game.

    we should have our best WR back, Jeff Fuller. He broke his fibula earlier in the year and played a couple snaps last weekend.

    on D, some good, some bad. our DL is inconsistent, theyll go a stretch where you cant run on them, then theyll go a stretch where you could crawl through the holes. im sure yall will focus on slowing down Von Miller.

    our LBs are young and tend to hit the wrong gaps, their athletic and will make some plays though.

    our DBs are hit or miss. they have dropped so many INTs, especially around the goal line. start a true fish & so at CB.

    our punting game is terrible & our FG kicker is solid.

    our other major weakness is our youth. we played 18 true fish last weekend @ tech. a majority of them played @ ksu. well, you know what happened the last 2 weekends with us, and our youth has a major part in that.

    all in all, dont be surprised if we come out firing on all cylinders. but dont be shocked if we come out wondering what a football is.

    - A&M fan
    I like you. Stick around and post more. =) Great post. This is anyones game I think. Not confident on either side.



  13. #13
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    I like you. Stick around and post more. =) Great post. This is anyones game I think. Not confident on either side.
    haha, most a&m fans, including myself, were confident going to KSU

    everyone saw how that turned out



  14. #14
    Recruit
    Points: 5,651, Level: 22
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Iowa City
    Posts
    76
    Points
    5,651
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    Quote Originally Posted by OasisMan View Post
    haha, most a&m fans, including myself, were confident going to KSU

    everyone saw how that turned out
    I'm not sure I'd say we were completely confident going into our game with KSU, but we were at least cautiously optimistic.



  15. #15
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A&M Breakdown

    A&M is:

    0-3 in televised games
    4-0 in non-televised games



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM