Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Texas A&M here we come.....(long)

Now that everyone is coming down off that emotional rollercoaster of Nebraska - where as an ISU fan i sat there screaming and saying to myself, they're going to hit that one lucky pass and get to within field goal range and we would lose 10-9....i could just see being made fun of for losing despite forcing 7 turnovers.....

Well it never happened!!!! I could not have been happier watching and listening to the videos of our football coach and team after this game....what an emotional win.....i keep telling my hawk friends that good teams find a way, regardless of what it is, but good teams find a way to win the game. Bad teams find a way to lose them. I really thought after very good games against KSU and KU that this team needed to win one of the close games and get a bit of good luck on our side to help them get over the emotional hump that is losing a close game or two, the ones that you could have won....They did it, in that stadium, it just don't happen that often so be happy and get out of town!!!!!

Onto Texas A&M.....i think last week was their Iowa-Iowa St game, a rivalry and as we know, anything can happen in those games. So, what do they bring to the table this week?

Two weeks ago they got blown out by KSU - how u ask, KSU ran for 321 yards - thats obviously a huge plus for us. TT does not run the ball well and they passed all over A&M for 456 yards.....but lost......in essence the blueprint plays into our style of game very well. Our emotional win has these boys thinking about success and how sweet it feels to be winning rather then losing. But, our offense has to play a lot lot better for us to have a chance. A&M's offense is really playing well, and our defense cannot expect 8 turnovers because this team does not turn the ball over.

So - whats the status of AROB and AA? This weeks success really depends on it and from here on out. I hope that they could have played last week but chose to rest them to have them for the rest of the run where there is some winnable games - starting this week.

Texas A&M has the #3 ranked offense in the nation!!! They have the 33rd ranked rushing attack at 180 yards a game and 9th ranked passing offense accounting for 308 yards per game. And thats not padded stats against chumps either, against their 4 bcs conf opponents they've average 292 yards passing and 132 yards rushing. I think we can contain the rushing attack but our secondary will be tested early and often. Our running game will be essential to keeping this offense off the field. In their losses, its been because their one dimensional, which i think our defense can force them to pass - but, can we stop them????

Now that said, if this team has a weakness its the 98th ranked defense. Against the rush their 78th giving up 152 yards, and against the pass their 108th giving up 259 yards. In their last two games they've been on both sides of the whoppin stick...gettin whipped by KSU and then doing the same to Tech.....This will be a far cry from the defense our offense just faced, but, we will not win this game with 9 points. This game will come down to slowing down their potent offense and our defense again playing a great game. I think their qb Johnson gets a bit anxious and rattled if he turns the ball over, IF you can get an early pick, he's not the same qb.

Sitting Arob and AA last week to have them ready this week could be huge......this is a pivotal game in our schedule....to me, we have to get the monkey of bowl eligible off their back, its a lot of pressure.....I hope A&M has another performance like against KSU and not last weeks game against tech......Can't wait for Saturday.....this could be a milestone for ISU football that a lot of people said was not possible.....getting an extra month of practice and the spoils of the hard work and what this team has been through with coaches, would be HUGE!!!!

IF this team gets to 7 wins, you will see immediate payback with recruiting!!!!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 139

Re: Texas A&M here we come.....(long)

Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Now that everyone is coming down off that emotional rollercoaster of Nebraska - where as an ISU fan i sat there screaming and saying to myself, they're going to hit that one lucky pass and get to within field goal range and we would lose 10-9....i could just see being made fun of for losing despite forcing 7 turnovers.....

Well it never happened!!!! I could not have been happier watching and listening to the videos of our football coach and team after this game....what an emotional win.....i keep telling my hawk friends that good teams find a way, regardless of what it is, but good teams find a way to win the game. Bad teams find a way to lose them. I really thought after very good games against KSU and KU that this team needed to win one of the close games and get a bit of good luck on our side to help them get over the emotional hump that is losing a close game or two, the ones that you could have won....They did it, in that stadium, it just don't happen that often so be happy and get out of town!!!!!

Onto Texas A&M.....i think last week was their Iowa-Iowa St game, a rivalry and as we know, anything can happen in those games. So, what do they bring to the table this week?

Two weeks ago they got blown out by KSU - how u ask, KSU ran for 321 yards - thats obviously a huge plus for us. TT does not run the ball well and they passed all over A&M for 456 yards.....but lost......in essence the blueprint plays into our style of game very well. Our emotional win has these boys thinking about success and how sweet it feels to be winning rather then losing. But, our offense has to play a lot lot better for us to have a chance. A&M's offense is really playing well, and our defense cannot expect 8 turnovers because this team does not turn the ball over.

So - whats the status of AROB and AA? This weeks success really depends on it and from here on out. I hope that they could have played last week but chose to rest them to have them for the rest of the run where there is some winnable games - starting this week.

Texas A&M has the #3 ranked offense in the nation!!! They have the 33rd ranked rushing attack at 180 yards a game and 9th ranked passing offense accounting for 308 yards per game. And thats not padded stats against chumps either, against their 4 bcs conf opponents they've average 292 yards passing and 132 yards rushing. I think we can contain the rushing attack but our secondary will be tested early and often. Our running game will be essential to keeping this offense off the field. In their losses, its been because their one dimensional, which i think our defense can force them to pass - but, can we stop them????

Now that said, if this team has a weakness its the 98th ranked defense. Against the rush their 78th giving up 152 yards, and against the pass their 108th giving up 259 yards. In their last two games they've been on both sides of the whoppin stick...gettin whipped by KSU and then doing the same to Tech.....This will be a far cry from the defense our offense just faced, but, we will not win this game with 9 points. This game will come down to slowing down their potent offense and our defense again playing a great game. I think their qb Johnson gets a bit anxious and rattled if he turns the ball over, IF you can get an early pick, he's not the same qb.

Sitting Arob and AA last week to have them ready this week could be huge......this is a pivotal game in our schedule....to me, we have to get the monkey of bowl eligible off their back, its a lot of pressure.....I hope A&M has another performance like against KSU and not last weeks game against tech......Can't wait for Saturday.....this could be a milestone for ISU football that a lot of people said was not possible.....getting an extra month of practice and the spoils of the hard work and what this team has been through with coaches, would be HUGE!!!!

IF this team gets to 7 wins, you will see immediate payback with recruiting!!!!
    This is exactly what I've heard A&M fans say. Wally, we need to get at him early and rattle his cage.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 107

The A&M game is the one that scares me the most. On the road and against a team that really had it way with the ISU defense last year. I know the guys are playing much better this year, but KU still lit us up and TAM might do the same. ISU is also down a couple of starters in the secondary for this game. With AA and ARob health ISU might be able to keep up in this game. Without them it will get ugly.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

They have the 33rd ranked rushing attack at 180 yards a game....against their 4 bcs conf opponents they've averaged 132 yards rushing
    and that is with -13 rushing yards in one game (vs KSU)

one of our major weaknesses is our OL. the whole year they have been questionable at best to horrific (vs ksu, arkansas). @ texas tech last weekend our OL played the best they have in at least a couple years. it would be surprising to see them duplicate that performance, but it would be surprising to see them drop back down to horrific.

if our OL is allowing our RBs to run, then our O is humming. i havent seen the tech game yet, but it seems like we were incorporating a lot more "quick hitters" in the passing game.

we should have our best WR back, Jeff Fuller. He broke his fibula earlier in the year and played a couple snaps last weekend.

on D, some good, some bad. our DL is inconsistent, theyll go a stretch where you cant run on them, then theyll go a stretch where you could crawl through the holes. im sure yall will focus on slowing down Von Miller.

our LBs are young and tend to hit the wrong gaps, theyre athletic and will make some plays though.

our DBs are hit or miss. they have dropped so many INTs, especially around the goal line. start a true fish & so at CB.

our punting game is terrible & our FG kicker is solid.

our other major weakness is our youth. we played 18 true fish last weekend @ tech. a majority of them played @ ksu. well, you know what happened the last 2 weekends with us, and our youth has a major part in that.

all in all, dont be surprised if we come out firing on all cylinders. but dont be shocked if we come out wondering what a football is.

- A&M fan

Last edited by OasisMan; 10-27-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    This is exactly what I've heard A&M fans say. Wally, we need to get at him early and rattle his cage.
    As usual our defensive line and turnover margin will dictate who wins the game. If we can generate some pressure on Johnson and get a pick or two I think we'll be fine.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,140
    Given: 221

Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    The A&M game is the one that scares me the most. On the road and against a team that really had it way with the ISU defense last year. I know the guys are playing much better this year, but KU still lit us up and TAM might do the same. ISU is also down a couple of starters in the secondary for this game. With AA and ARob health ISU might be able to keep up in this game. Without them it will get ugly.
    On the contrary, ISU lit up their defense last year as well. aTm just did a bit more of it than ISU did to them.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 168

It's on like donkey kong

Rookie
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

all in all, dont be surprised if we come out firing on all cylinders. but dont be shocked if we come out wondering what a football is.

- A&M fan

I guess we could say the same thing about ISU, but we're really trying to keep the positive thoughts flowing here.

Loyal Sons for ever True

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'd say the key to this game is developing a running attack and sticking to it. If we can rush for 250+ as a team that not only bodes well for putting points on the board but it also keeps their best unit (offense) off the field.

On defense I think you've got to try and get pressure and stop the running game. If you can make them a one dimensional team by putting them in 2nd and 3rd and longs all day you can hopefully pin your ears back and get a solid rush on their QB.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 139

A big key to this game is if we are without AA, Tiller has to be allowed to do more in the passing game. We aren't going to completely shut down this offense, so we need to take some more swings of our own. I understand the reasoning for the offensive game plan saturday, but to win this weekend, we have to be more aggressive, regardless of who is in the backfield.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by OasisMan View Post
    So, what you're saying is...you might win and you might lose? Are you a weatherman?

All-Star
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

if the would have lost there probably wouldn't have been many A&M fans at the game

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Howdy from Aggieland,

I work for the CBS affiliate in College Station, TX. We do an Aggie pregame show and I am looking for an ISU fan who is coming to the A&M game and could come on our set for a live segment at about 1:45 Saturday. We have an Aggie fan and an opposing fan on our set argue a bit about who win.

This is what it looked like before the Oklahoma State game and would give you an idea of what to expect:

KBTX Aggie Gameday

Click on Part 7 on the video player, it's called the "Two Minute Warning"

Please contact me at coil@kbtx.com if you are interested.

Thank you!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by KBTXsports View Post
    Howdy from Aggieland,

I work for the CBS affiliate in College Station, TX. We do an Aggie pregame show and I am looking for an ISU fan who is coming to the A&M game and could come on our set for a live segment at about 1:45 Saturday. We have an Aggie fan and an opposing fan on our set argue a bit about who win.

This is what it looked like before the Oklahoma State game and would give you an idea of what to expect:

KBTX Aggie Gameday

Thank you!
    How about you get the game on TV

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Addict
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by KBTXsports View Post
    Howdy from Aggieland,

KBTX Aggie Gameday

Thank you!
    Oh dear.

I could see this getting out of hand... LOL.

I hope we have a level-headed representative.