Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 2

The Paul Rhoads Story

“Gene (Chizik) confirmed for me today that he is accepting the head coaching position at Auburn. I’m disappointed for our Iowa State fans and student-athletes that he has chosen to leave our program after only two seasons. I understand that it (Auburn) is a dream job for him, but the timing and the way it played out has been hurtful and disappointing. Although this is a significant set back, we will get through the challenge because the Iowa State University athletics program is far greater than one person.” –Jamie Pollard ISU Athletic Director

Chizik has been at ISU for two years and has compiled a 5-19 record- Bobby Le Gesse, GoCyclones.com

The Cyclones went 0-8 in the Big 12 (in 2008).- cbs5.com

"He did what he did," (Doug) Dedrick said. "It's done. He did what he had to do. I support Chiz and I feel bad for the players, the community and stuff, but (ISU athletic director Jamie) Pollard will get us back."-Bobby Le Gesse, GoCyclones.com

A week after former Iowa State coach Gene Chizik became the Auburn football coach; the Cyclones introduced former Auburn defensive coordinator Paul Rhoads as their new coach-Bobby Le Gesse, GoCyclones.com

“In Paul, we have exactly the right person to be our new Cyclones football head coach.” Iowa State president Gregory Geoffroy.

"Paul Rhoads is an outstanding and intelligent football coach, a highly successful national recruiter and has nearly 10 years of experience as a BCS coordinator; He was the one candidate that clearly demonstrated both extensive experience and an extreme passion for and familiarity with our institution.”-Jamie Pollard.

“I can honestly tell you, on a beautiful day in Ames, Iowa, it’s great to be home. There are deep roots here. I was born 10 miles down the road…What my dad gave me was passion,” Rhoads said (in his acceptance speech) before tearing up. An Iowa State spokesman attempted to move on to the next question, but Rhoads stopped and him and said, “I knew this would be hard, but this is fine. This is who I am, this is what you get.”-cbs5.com

“Getting the right person was far more important that doing it quickly,”-Jamie Pollard

"It has been a professional goal of mine to become a head coach since my dad introduced me to the game as a kid and I could not have found a more perfect place than Iowa State," (Coach Paul) Rhoads said. "I know how special Ames and ISU were to me during my first tenure and having the chance to return and lead this program reads like a Hollywood (story)."-cbs5.com

“To you, I issue this challenge,” Rhoads said to Iowa State’s players. “It’s time to roll up our sleeves, put on our hard hats and go to work together.” nhl-hockeybetting.com

“I am proud to be the football coach that represents the best football fans in this nation, and I can guarantee you three things about this team. We are going to be smart. We aren't going to beat ourselves. We are going to be physical, and we are going to play the game for 60 minutes. We are going to give it all we got, and we are going to hit you coming off the bus.”-Paul Rhoads.

ISU vs. Nebraska at Memorial Stadium Oct 24th 2009.
    Media - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

The Iowa State Cyclones did the unthinkable and beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers on the road without top offensive players Alexander Robinson and Austen Arnaud. The 9-7 Cyclones victory was the first road win at Nebraska since 1977. The Iowa State win also ends a 14 game Big 12 conference road losing streak. –Scott Fuller, isuisu.com

"When you don't win in a stadium on the road since 1977, it's big," Rhoads said. "This is a program that has as much tradition as anybody in college football. This is a program that was in the Top 25 a week ago. It's a big win."- sports.espn.go.com

“We’re a legit team,” said linebacker Jesse Smith, whose interception sealed a 9-7 win against Nebraska at Memorial Stadium.-Randy Peterson, Des Moines Register.

"We are going to make Cyclone Nation proud once again." –Paul Rhoads
    Media - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Last edited by bosco; 10-26-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: The Paul Rhoads Story

Neat!

Pro
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

Level